GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

09-11-2019, 12:33 PM   #1
pjknicks
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 325ci

Smile M4 Purchasing Advice

Hi Everyone,

Recently joined the community and I've seen some pretty knowledgeable people around here!

I'm aiming to buy a 2016/2017 M4 early next year and I wanted to get some perspective from anyone here with regards to the reliability of the car and which model year they recommend.

From what I've seen the 2015 and 2016 have some issues, which is why I'm gearing towards a 2017. I also plan on keeping this car for the long haul.

Any advice or info. is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance everyone.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2019, 03:02 PM   #2
N1rve
Racecar Driver
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Garage List
2019 BMW M4  [9.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjknicks View Post
Hi Everyone,

Recently joined the community and I've seen some pretty knowledgeable people around here!

I'm aiming to buy a 2016/2017 M4 early next year and I wanted to get some perspective from anyone here with regards to the reliability of the car and which model year they recommend.

From what I've seen the 2015 and 2016 have some issues, which is why I'm gearing towards a 2017. I also plan on keeping this car for the long haul.

Any advice or info. is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance everyone.
I'd probably wait until the G80/G82 M3/M4 get released if you are willing to wait a little longer. Once those get released, the F80/F82 will drop a little more in price if you're willing to save like 1-3% more.

2019 BMW ///M4 - Alpine White | Sakhir Orange/Black Leather | M-DCT | Executive Package | 19" Black 437M Wheels | Carbon Fiber Trim | Sunroof | Active Blind Spot | Heated Steering Wheel | Adaptive M Suspension
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2019, 04:53 PM   #3
CarbonAlpine
Captain
Rep
Drives: ///M4

Every car has issues, doesn't mean they will happen to yours. The m3/m4 is a mass produced vehicle, there are bound to be some common hiccups. What you need is a unit with warranty, at least CPO. And waiting for the new model vs a 2017 is a huge swing in price.

I have a 2016 without a single issue, I was about to trade it in for a 2020 but why? I have no issues and low miles. I love this car, you will too
Previous BMW: E36 Reiger Custom Green vert E46 ///M3 Cabonblack vert E46 ///M3 AW vert E63 645ci AW Coupe E92 ///M3 AW E93 ///M3 SG Vert
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2019, 05:39 PM   #4
pjknicks
Registered
Rep

Thanks for the input. I plan on holding off until March of next year to find a good deal. It's a great car! I currently drive an e46 and I love that thing. Hopefully, I can find myself a manual!
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2019, 07:48 PM   #5
Chris Paul
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW e93 335i MBM, Saddle Brown

Garage List
I love my 2017. I didn't want one of the earlier models, so when I was looking I focused on 2016+ with the Competition Package (ZCP), which was a must have for me. I was also looking for full leather interior, but they were pretty hard to come by, especially since I was looking for an Individual color, like Laguna Seca Blue. Whatever you get, it's an awesome car, you'll love it.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2019, 10:25 PM   #6
pjknicks
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Paul View Post
I love my 2017. I didn't want one of the earlier models, so when I was looking I focused on 2016+ with the Competition Package (ZCP), which was a must have for me. I was also looking for full leather interior, but they were pretty hard to come by, especially since I was looking for an Individual color, like Laguna Seca Blue. Whatever you get, it's an awesome car, you'll love it.
Thanks man! I've been eye balling the 2017 model and I don't care too much for the competition package.

I want that gun metal gray color in manual! That's the goal! Funny thing is one car that has caught my eye besides the M4 has been the Genesis G80 Sport, boy that car is
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2019, 01:38 AM   #7
paliknight
fuck this field
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 F80 CS/18 F80 ZCP/19 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjknicks View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Paul View Post
Thanks man! I've been eye balling the 2017 model and I don't care too much for the competition package.

I want that gun metal gray color in manual! That's the goal! Funny thing is one car that has caught my eye besides the M4 has been the Genesis G80 Sport, boy that car is
Mineral grey metallic is a pretty nice color. Especially with Sakhir Orange interior (red, really). You can't go wrong with that. But I'd wait until the G80 is released to get even better deals.