Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

08-13-2021, 08:41 AM   #111
ZCD1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90335e36m3 View Post
I don't think it's necessarily a nice looking car, but if anything, because Tesla is associated with technological innovation and is still relatively unique, I am not surprised that you receive the amount of compliments you do. A self driving Tesla is much cooler to most non-car people than a loud M3 with a burble tune.

I disagree with the other guy, the Tesla is probably a panty dropper for some quality women.
Personally, I thought my previous C7 (2013) Audi S6 was a better-looking car, and it received a fair number of compliments, too, but to your point, the average car buyer couldn't appreciate that it wasn't just an A6 and instead was a ~500-hp executive express/rocket.

Whether the Tesla is a "panty dropper" or not isn't important to me - I just really enjoy driving it. Even 3 years later, I get a kick out of every moment I'm in it...
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2022, 10:12 AM   #112
iambcisneros
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Competition xDrive

I may be a little out of place here but wanted to chime in. I owned a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody that was so much fun to drive. The sound, torque, and street presence were the best, the interior was the worst (mine had the base cloth interior and plastic everything else).

I got so annoyed with the crappy interior and traded it in for another FCA car (Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio). Better interior, really good performance, special engine. After a few months of having that car, I got really bored with exterior — so plain Jane. Traded it in for my first BMW, a 2021 M4 with manual transmission.

I thought the handling was good, interior fit and finish was beautiful, exterior grew on me. After 6 months, traded it for a 2022 BMW M4 Competition xDrive because I wanted more power and the ZF auto.

I am currently enjoying the G82 Comp xDrive. Great balance of performance, luxury, and family-friendlyness. BUT…a new 2022 Hellcat Redeye Widebody at msrp has popped up…and it has me really thinking about trading in the BMW for an $11k profit!!! I dearly miss the super charged v8. The BMW is a great car, but boring. Vanilla ice cream if you will…

Im writing all this to say that yes, I would consider getting rid of BMW for a shitty interior Challenger. The Hellcat Redeye Widebody is the only car that has felt truly unique and memorable. They’re done making them in 2023.
Appreciate 2
      07-10-2022, 11:10 AM   #113
darrvao777
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F82

i leased a charger hellcat 2016-2019

currently own a 2015 f82

i agree with previous assessments

the hellcat engine felt special, the interior is really an eye sore

the m4 doesn't feel or sound special after driving a hellcat but the overall experience is more polished

i also had an auto hellcat and prefer the experience of the bmw 6 speed mt
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      07-10-2022, 02:32 PM   #114
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambcisneros View Post
I may be a little out of place here but wanted to chime in. I owned a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody that was so much fun to drive. The sound, torque, and street presence were the best, the interior was the worst (mine had the base cloth interior and plastic everything else).

I got so annoyed with the crappy interior and traded it in for another FCA car (Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio). Better interior, really good performance, special engine. After a few months of having that car, I got really bored with exterior — so plain Jane. Traded it in for my first BMW, a 2021 M4 with manual transmission.

I thought the handling was good, interior fit and finish was beautiful, exterior grew on me. After 6 months, traded it for a 2022 BMW M4 Competition xDrive because I wanted more power and the ZF auto.

I am currently enjoying the G82 Comp xDrive. Great balance of performance, luxury, and family-friendlyness. BUT…a new 2022 Hellcat Redeye Widebody at msrp has popped up…and it has me really thinking about trading in the BMW for an $11k profit!!! I dearly miss the super charged v8. The BMW is a great car, but boring. Vanilla ice cream if you will…

Im writing all this to say that yes, I would consider getting rid of BMW for a shitty interior Challenger. The Hellcat Redeye Widebody is the only car that has felt truly unique and memorable. They're done making them in 2023.
This sounds more like a example of a fickle enthusiast (…which many are; never satisfied…….always wanting something different) than a roaring endorsement for a Hellcat. Based on your history, that wide body Hellcat won't last long.
Appreciate 3
      07-10-2022, 02:48 PM   #115
iambcisneros
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Competition xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
This sounds more like a example of a fickle enthusiast (…which many are; never satisfied…….always wanting something different) than a roaring endorsement for a Hellcat. Based on your history, that wide body Hellcat won't last long.
You nailed it!!!! Never satisfied and always want more. Leads to poor decision making but lots of fun too lol.

I think if anything I’m motivated by the crazy used car market and for a chance to profit from my M4 (would be lease buy out then trade). All said and done I would be into the Hellcat WB for $75K (purchase price after trade and a few $ down) which I think isn’t bad for a few years until I’m back in another M 🤦*♂️ Lol.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24820.00
      07-10-2022, 06:12 PM   #116
TractionControlDelete
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82-E92 M3-E46 M3-E30-S1K-330i

Garage List
2004 X5  [9.00]
2006 325i  [10.00]
2021 S1000RR  [9.50]
2006 330i  [7.75]
1986 325e  [10.00]
2005 M3  [7.40]
2009 M3  [8.63]
2018 M4  [10.00]
Admittedly, I gave a lot of thought about going for a Charger wide body because of kids. For context, I've only driven 2-door cars for the better part of two decades. But here's the thing… the whole Coupe-CarSeat routine gets really f**king old lol. By the time I had my daughter I was zooming around in a 2005 M3 for almost 15 years and had my 2015 M4 for almost 3 years so the adjustment was a big one.

At first, I thought about going for the Alfa QV but the combo of reliability issues and the auto transmission killed that (drives, looks, and sounds amazing btw). Then I got set on the Hellcat until i test drove one. The main issue I ran into (besides the blah interior) was that it didn't seem that fast to me. I mean, it was fast but just not really life changing because I had been used to a BPM Sport Stage 2 F82 by that point. So once speed was out of the equation all that was left was that it was a 4-door - for that factor, almost every other car opened up as an option. And so…..

TL;DR - kids and the Hellcat are the reason I have a E34 540i.

https://youtube.com/@tractioncontroldelete
Appreciate 1
      07-10-2022, 07:34 PM   #117
darrvao777
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by F82KPowers View Post
Admittedly, I gave a lot of thought about going for a Charger wide body because of kids. For context, I've only driven 2-door cars for the better part of two decades. But here's the thing… the whole Coupe-CarSeat routine gets really f**king old lol. By the time I had my daughter I was zooming around in a 2005 M3 for almost 15 years and had my 2015 M4 for almost 3 years so the adjustment was a big one.

At first, I thought about going for the Alfa QV but the combo of reliability issues and the auto transmission killed that (drives, looks, and sounds amazing btw). Then I got set on the Hellcat until i test drove one. The main issue I ran into (besides the blah interior) was that it didn't seem that fast to me. I mean, it was fast but just not really life changing because I had been used to a BPM Sport Stage 2 F82 by that point. So once speed was out of the equation all that was left was that it was a 4-door - for that factor, almost every other car opened up as an option. And so…..

i went from the hellcat to a civic type r

it is actually a lot of fun as the driver

but even my daughter said "this car sounds and feels cheap" when compared to the hellcat

so far big thumbs up for the bmw interior when she compares it to the last two cars 😂 (even as she has to crawl back in the m4)
Appreciate 1
      07-10-2022, 08:00 PM   #118
TractionControlDelete
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82-E92 M3-E46 M3-E30-S1K-330i

Garage List
2004 X5  [9.00]
2006 325i  [10.00]
2021 S1000RR  [9.50]
2006 330i  [7.75]
1986 325e  [10.00]
2005 M3  [7.40]
2009 M3  [8.63]
2018 M4  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrvao777 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by F82KPowers View Post

i went from the hellcat to a civic type r

it is actually a lot of fun as the driver

but even my daughter said "this car sounds and feels cheap" when compared to the hellcat

so far big thumbs up for the bmw interior when she compares it to the last two cars 😂 (even as she has to crawl back in the m4)
When they do the crawling (as opposed to us doing the lifting) it's soooo much better haha

https://youtube.com/@tractioncontroldelete
Appreciate 1
      07-16-2022, 08:49 PM   #119
Teoh94
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80

No
Appreciate 0