EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

07-18-2019, 08:22 AM   #111
Funf6cyl
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6 cyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaMMM View Post
Best review I've come across so far: https://www.motortrend.com/cars/pors...-drive-review/

I think the only content so far is coming from a single press event.
Lot of good press so far from what’s been released. So another confirmation simply going manual to PDK is worth 7-8 seconds or 1 second per lap. Crazy to think that a 420 hp Cayman can run 7:28 with a manual. Can’t wait to get mine.

Btw - car gained 35kg through particulate filter and muffler according to Andreas. Still quite a light car. The broader torque band with the new motor will be quite a bit better for it.

Last edited by Funf6cyl; 07-18-2019 at 03:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2019, 03:55 PM   #112
paliknight
fuck this field
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 F80 CS/18 F80 ZCP/19 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaMMM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdizzle View Post
Buy 124k cayman... three years later its worth 100k. And you still own the car.

Lease 100k M4cs (800/month x 36 months) = three years later you've spent 29k on the lease and you have to turn it back in and lease something else.

Do the math.
Alternative math --

Buy a Cayman with special Porsche options markup for 124k, pay 132k after tax.

If your depreciation projection is accurate, lose 32k.

Lease a CS, drive 36,000 miles, keep your 100k in the most conservative financial instrument available, it's 112k after three years. meanwhile you've paid 29k in lease payments.

But hey, neither are good investments.

back on topic -- I'm still trying to understand if the GT4 has gained 345 lbs. This wouldn't/doesn't dampen anyone's enthusiasm? If the 992 GT3 is +345 lbs. that doesn't matter to the Porsche GT faithful?

I'm +1 on Porsche overcharging for options because they can ($2400 for nav, huh…). But also silly to me that I'd have to play kiss-ass just to order a GT car, so guess I just don't get it.
Agreed. Porsche prices seem ridiculous for what you're buying, but it only gets worse the higher up the ladder you go. Ferrari charges something like 2k just to change the color of the brake calipers. Why? Cause they know there's always someone willing to pay.