Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

07-31-2017, 10:59 AM   #1
AIRHEIR
X3M Comp
Rep
Drives: X3M Comp

Port installed Accesories

What kind of discount should I shoot for on port installed accessories. I was thinking of getting the carbon splitters and carbon lip installed at the port.

Also I have a ZCP on order (Purchasing not leasing) and I was thinking of getting MPE installed at port as well. Any thoughts on if I should do that or put it on afterwards thus allowing me to sell it separately.

Thanks Guys
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2017, 11:09 AM   #2
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIRHEIR View Post
What kind of discount should I shoot for on port installed accessories. I was thinking of getting the carbon splitters and carbon lip installed at the port.

Also I have a ZCP on order (Purchasing not leasing) and I was thinking of getting MPE installed at port as well. Any thoughts on if I should do that or put it on afterwards thus allowing me to sell it separately.

Thanks Guys
Pretty sure using the 20% BMWCCA discount (or the one we got from circle at Bimmerfest) and installing yourself will be cheaper than any discount the dealer will give you. With the MPE, though, if installed at port I think it will fall under the new car warranty, so you will likely gain there. If youre going to production soon, better get those parts added quickly.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2017, 11:13 AM   #3
Super Spartan
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 Nissan Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wah View Post
Pretty sure using the 20% BMWCCA discount (or the one we got from circle at Bimmerfest) and installing yourself will be cheaper than any discount the dealer will give you. With the MPE, though, if installed at port I think it will fall under the new car warranty, so you will likely gain there. If youre going to production soon, better get those parts added quickly.
This. Get it installed from the get go so it will carry your car's warranty
Appreciate 1
ArieArie320.50
      07-31-2017, 01:06 PM   #4
AIRHEIR
X3M Comp
Rep
Drives: X3M Comp

dif in warranty is 2 years...no biggie if the discount wont be there..

Circle won't do 20% discount on exhaust....

Last edited by AIRHEIR; 07-31-2017 at 01:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2017, 01:11 PM   #5
Zayzel
IG: @Zayzel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Atlantis Metallic M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wah View Post
Where can you order with the 20% BMWCCA discount?
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2017, 01:17 PM   #6
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zayzel View Post
Where can you order with the 20% BMWCCA discount?
I have to check my NJ Bmwcca bulletin again, but if I recall Springfield and circle both had CCA discounts. Freehold also gave me 20% when I asked them to match.
Appreciate 1
Zayzel385.00
      07-31-2017, 02:20 PM   #7
Leaveit2bevo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: GTR/F80

If you are leasing port installed makes sense because it gets added to the msrp, but if youre buying cheaper to do it yourself.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2017, 02:52 PM   #8
mqfx
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M4 Coupe

To some a few extra hundred dollars to not have to deal with installing it yourself is worth it. I happen to fall into that category after reading the threads on carbon mirror cap install nightmares here.

My dealer gave me a decent discount on port options after shaking hands on the purchase price of the car. Ended up paying about $400 in labor over the cost of buying the MPerf parts from the usual sponsors on here for the front splitter/lip, mirror caps, and rear spoiler. Yes I'm aware the rear spoiler sticks on in 3 minutes. Diffuser will go on when it get's here.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2017, 03:04 PM   #9
Mr Pete
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3 4.1, Golf R (daily)

My dealer gave me invoice pricing (I didn't have to fight for this pricing) for port installed options. I would ask your sales person to do this.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2017, 01:34 PM   #10
mqfx
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M4 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDadMobile View Post
My dealer gave me invoice pricing (I didn't have to fight for this pricing) for port installed options. I would ask your sales person to do this.
Genuinely curious how you know it's invoice for port installed accessories? I'm sure some would love to see the prices.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2017, 02:52 PM   #11
Mr Pete
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3 4.1, Golf R (daily)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqfx View Post
Genuinely curious how you know it's invoice for port installed accessories? I'm sure some would love to see the prices.
My client advisor said they're giving it to me at 'cost,' which I assume is invoice. I checked my M4 build sheet (that lists invoice/wholesale vs msrp pricing), and also used the clever little search function that this site allows us to use, located at the top right corner, to find info on other's buying experiences.

If you have questions, ask your dealer. I have a pretty good relationship with my dealer, so they're very transparent with me.
Appreciate 0