Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-22-2018, 01:49 PM   #1
hanafimahmoud
Private First Class
57
Rep
185
Posts

Drives: 2016 M4 Convertible
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Dubai

iTrader: (0)

Unable to show metadata when connected via Bluetooth

Hi,

most of the times i connect my phone via bluetooth, the player is unable to read the song name, artist, track, etc. also the back & skip don't work.

it really doesn't matter what i'm using on my phone to play songs, Apple music, spotify, etc. it happens with all of them

I have 2016M4 ID4. anyone got the same issue? solution?
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2018, 02:59 PM   #2
Draper
Brigadier General
Draper's Avatar
United_States
1323
Rep
3,024
Posts

Drives: Macan Turbo
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Denver

iTrader: (38)

Same issue here.

I haven't found a permanent solution, but this works for me.

1. Start playing song via Bluetooth
2. Switch to radio input then back to Bluetooth
__________________
Macan Turbo // Dark Blue Metallic // Sport Design
Gone: F80 M3 ZCP // Sakhir Orange // 6MT
Gone: E70 X5 50i // Space Gray // M Sport
Gone: E90 M3 // Jerez Black // 6MT
Appreciate 1
      01-23-2018, 12:58 AM   #3
hanafimahmoud
Private First Class
57
Rep
185
Posts

Drives: 2016 M4 Convertible
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Dubai

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draper View Post
Same issue here.

I haven't found a permanent solution, but this works for me.

1. Start playing song via Bluetooth
2. Switch to radio input then back to Bluetooth
will try that. thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2018, 04:41 PM   #4
F80_BK
M3MBER
F80_BK's Avatar
United_States
50
Rep
114
Posts

Drives: F80 M3 -Yas Marina/Silverstone
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Mill Creek, WA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
I loaded the latest free software update onto a 2GB USB stick and plugged it in to my center console USB. Took like 2 minutes. Metadata over bluetooth has worked flawlessly since then and also looks a lot cleaner. The update notes mention metadata but they did not go into much detail, but I assume this fixed the problem. Also I am not sure what the "Add-on" software does, but that was not on my system before the update.

Just put your last 7 of VIN and it will take you to the correct download. FYI this was done on my 2015 M3

https://www.bmw.com/en/footer/software-updates.html


Before-
Media version: MN-002.052.001
Telephone version: TN-002.052.001

After-
Add-on version: HN-002.255.073
Media version: MN-002.255.071
Telephone version: TN-002.255.070


The following adjustments are made during
the software update:

Multimedia
▷ Activates audio output when the Tagesschau app is used. (independent of device)
▷ Improves the display of long track names. (independent of device)
▷ Corrects playback of podcasts. (Apple devices with iOS Version 8 and higher)
▷ Clears the display of old metadata after a change of track. (independent of device)
▷ Removes superfluous note on app installation. (Apple iPhone)

Phone
▷ Enables the use of BlackBerry devices from OS 10.3 for data services via the mobile telephone.
▷ Allows closing of individual reminder messages. (independent of device)
▷ Improves filter function for e-mails and text messages with BlackBerry mobile telephones. (BlackBerry: Torch 9800, Bold 9900 with OS 7.1)
▷ Improves the audio quality when using the handsfree system. (Apple, Motorola and Samsung mobile telephones)
▷ Improves downloading of messages from mobile telephones to the vehicle. (independent of device)
▷ Improves the reminder function for calendar and notes from mobile telephones. (independent of device)
▷ Improves synchronisation with mobile telephones. (independent of device, with the exception of some Nokia mobile telephones).
▷ Improves the transfer of call lists to the vehicle. (LG, Samsung and BlackBerry mobile telephones)
▷ Improves the display of Chinese names in Chinese vehicles. (Android mobile telephones)
▷ Improves the display of journeys made in the service Online Driver's Log. (independent of device)
▷ Improves display of the distance. Distance is given in kilometres and miles in the service Online Driver's Log. (independent of device)
▷ Improves the display of special characters in the ConnectedDrive portal. (independent of device)
__________________
2015///M3|Yas Marina Blue|Silverstone|
Appreciate 1
Encanto709.50

      02-25-2018, 03:01 PM   #5
hanafimahmoud
Private First Class
57
Rep
185
Posts

Drives: 2016 M4 Convertible
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Dubai

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F80_BK View Post
I loaded the latest free software update onto a 2GB USB stick and plugged it in to my center console USB. Took like 2 minutes. Metadata over bluetooth has worked flawlessly since then and also looks a lot cleaner. The update notes mention metadata but they did not go into much detail, but I assume this fixed the problem. Also I am not sure what the "Add-on" software does, but that was not on my system before the update.

Just put your last 7 of VIN and it will take you to the correct download. FYI this was done on my 2015 M3

https://www.bmw.com/en/footer/software-updates.html


Before-
Media version: MN-002.052.001
Telephone version: TN-002.052.001

After-
Add-on version: HN-002.255.073
Media version: MN-002.255.071
Telephone version: TN-002.255.070


The following adjustments are made during
the software update:

Multimedia
▷ Activates audio output when the Tagesschau app is used. (independent of device)
▷ Improves the display of long track names. (independent of device)
▷ Corrects playback of podcasts. (Apple devices with iOS Version 8 and higher)
▷ Clears the display of old metadata after a change of track. (independent of device)
▷ Removes superfluous note on app installation. (Apple iPhone)

Phone
▷ Enables the use of BlackBerry devices from OS 10.3 for data services via the mobile telephone.
▷ Allows closing of individual reminder messages. (independent of device)
▷ Improves filter function for e-mails and text messages with BlackBerry mobile telephones. (BlackBerry: Torch 9800, Bold 9900 with OS 7.1)
▷ Improves the audio quality when using the handsfree system. (Apple, Motorola and Samsung mobile telephones)
▷ Improves downloading of messages from mobile telephones to the vehicle. (independent of device)
▷ Improves the reminder function for calendar and notes from mobile telephones. (independent of device)
▷ Improves synchronisation with mobile telephones. (independent of device, with the exception of some Nokia mobile telephones).
▷ Improves the transfer of call lists to the vehicle. (LG, Samsung and BlackBerry mobile telephones)
▷ Improves the display of Chinese names in Chinese vehicles. (Android mobile telephones)
▷ Improves the display of journeys made in the service Online Driver's Log. (independent of device)
▷ Improves display of the distance. Distance is given in kilometres and miles in the service Online Driver's Log. (independent of device)
▷ Improves the display of special characters in the ConnectedDrive portal. (independent of device)
I just checked the website, it says my car is up to date, but will double check against your version numbers when i get into the car. thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2018, 02:12 PM   #6
F80_BK
M3MBER
F80_BK's Avatar
United_States
50
Rep
114
Posts

Drives: F80 M3 -Yas Marina/Silverstone
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Mill Creek, WA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanafimahmoud View Post
I just checked the website, it says my car is up to date, but will double check against your version numbers when i get into the car. thanks
Disregard my post. My car has now been doing the exact same thing. I tried forgetting the device on my phone and removing it completely from idrive but it's still happening. Hopefully someone else has found a fix. Cuz it was working fine. And I haven't done any iOS updates on my phone, it's been on 11.1.2 since I got this phone and was working fine on it until now. Not sure what changed
__________________
2015///M3|Yas Marina Blue|Silverstone|
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2018, 07:01 PM   #7
F80_BK
M3MBER
F80_BK's Avatar
United_States
50
Rep
114
Posts

Drives: F80 M3 -Yas Marina/Silverstone
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Mill Creek, WA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
Is your iphone jailbroken? I finally got to the root of why mine was doing this and it was a certain cydia tweak that I had installed. BatteryPercentX. I uninstalled it and it has been back to working ever since. If you are not jailbroken, then I am still stumped.
__________________
2015///M3|Yas Marina Blue|Silverstone|
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
id4, idrive

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:47 AM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST