European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-05-2014, 08:43 PM   #67
rsr racer
Private First Class
rsr racer's Avatar
45
Rep
183
Posts

Drives: 2015 M6
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

I think a more responsible approach for a young businessman is in order and I highly recommend you consider this:

DO WHAT EVER THE F YOU WANT!!

Dr J's lesson (that would be me): let fear be the deciding factor in deliberation and you'll end up living in inescapable conditions. But pursue your appetites, follow your dreams, work hard and confront both real and imagined adversity and you'll live a life you wouldn't trade anything for.

Now go get the car that YOU LIKE.

:-)
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2014, 09:21 PM   #68
myzmak
Advocatus Douchebagus. Sex Marxist.
myzmak's Avatar
Canada
2223
Rep
3,372
Posts

Drives: Lucy.
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 F80 M3  [5.00]
2013 MB E350 Wagon  [5.00]
I am 352 years old. The M4 isnt nearly as boyish as the cart my father gave me when we were serfs back in Russia.

Anyway:
1 - who cares?
2 - no, it isnt a boyish racer
3 - anyone who disagrees with #2 is an idiot
4 - my beer glass is empty - hello? Miss? Refill please?
5 - where was I?
6 - really? This is a thread? Where is that guy who complained when we had a happy/congratulatory 'yay F8x' thread? Is he whining about this one?
7 - i was out so missed 4 pages of this but i hope @lups has lit somebody up over this stuff
8 - unless you are in your 50s (or older and trying to look like you are in you 50s), dont get an M5/M6
9 - seriously, is this beer glass gonna fill itself???
10 - anyone wanna talk about 80s video games or german existentialism?
__________________
Drivin' Lucy
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2014, 09:51 PM   #69
chiplee
Captain
chiplee's Avatar
296
Rep
973
Posts

Drives: 2015 M3
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ridgecrest, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by myzmak View Post
I am 352 years old. The M4 isnt nearly as boyish as the cart my father gave me when we were serfs back in Russia.

Anyway:
1 - who cares?
2 - no, it isnt a boyish racer
3 - anyone who disagrees with #2 is an idiot
4 - my beer glass is empty - hello? Miss? Refill please?
5 - where was I?
6 - really? This is a thread? Where is that guy who complained when we had a happy/congratulatory 'yay F8x' thread? Is he whining about this one?
7 - i was out so missed 4 pages of this but i hope @lups has lit somebody up over this stuff
8 - unless you are in your 50s (or older and trying to look like you are in you 50s), dont get an M5/M6
9 - seriously, is this beer glass gonna fill itself???
10 - anyone wanna talk about 80s video games or german existentialism?
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2014, 10:06 PM   #70
Lups
...
Lups's Avatar
11028
Rep
15,337
Posts

Drives: I don't own a car.
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Lost as usual

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by myzmak View Post
I am 352 years old. The M4 isnt nearly as boyish as the cart my father gave me when we were serfs back in Russia.

Anyway:
1 - who cares?
2 - no, it isnt a boyish racer
3 - anyone who disagrees with #2 is an idiot
4 - my beer glass is empty - hello? Miss? Refill please?
5 - where was I?
6 - really? This is a thread? Where is that guy who complained when we had a happy/congratulatory 'yay F8x' thread? Is he whining about this one?
7 - i was out so missed 4 pages of this but i hope @lups has lit somebody up over this stuff
8 - unless you are in your 50s (or older and trying to look like you are in you 50s), dont get an M5/M6
9 - seriously, is this beer glass gonna fill itself???
10 - anyone wanna talk about 80s video games or german existentialism?
I'm on it myz and on a beer run as we speak! Only @wah is missing in action now!



Thanks for the title idiot btw, its shorter to write than what I was told earlier about me.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
You're still a little new here, so I'll let you in on a little secret. Whenever Lups types gibberish, this is an opportunity for you to imagine it to be whatever you'd like it to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
How would you know this? Did mommy catch you jerking off to some Big Foot porn ?
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2014, 10:15 PM   #71
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
Wah's Avatar
United_States
1680
Rep
3,276
Posts

Drives: 2018 M4 2016 X5
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NJ

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
I'm on it myz and on a beer run as we speak! Only @wah is missing in action now!



Thanks for the title idiot btw, its shorter to write than what I was told earlier about me.
Is this where the Friday night crew come in and completely derail this thread? Because this is what we nolifers do for entertainment while everybody else is actually going out and doing stuff.

Lups... beer. Quick!
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2014, 10:19 PM   #72
BRCHP
Major
BRCHP's Avatar
United_States
333
Rep
1,107
Posts

Drives: YMB M4
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdrck View Post
Out of curriosity, did you have other options you were looking at in regards to car purchases? Seems like we are in a similar situation (except the m5/m6 difference). I had mine, and the m4 won out over cars that were 30k+ more, for personal reasons.
I had also entertained the idea of looking into a used Carrera S (991) or a used 4s. But Porsche offers too many options I would want, and the price would exceed that of a new M6, and that seemed crazy to me at this age. The M4 seems like the best bang for the buck, and I may as well take advantage of not having to own a 4 door until i really need it. Hanging up my dry cleaning isn't a make or break issue for buying a 4door vs a 2 door. What else did you consider before pulling the trigger? How did you spec your coupe?
__________________
Current: '15 YMB F82 M4/Loaded |IND|KW|M Performance|
Gone: '11 E92 335is DCT Blk Sph/Oyster/Every Option
Gone: '05 E46 330iZHP Jet Blk/Ntrl Brwn/H&R/Dinan S3 Pkg /Schnitzer/Momo. INSTAGRAM @christos.kantzavelos
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2014, 10:19 PM   #73
SakhirM4
Major General
SakhirM4's Avatar
United_States
9997
Rep
8,662
Posts

Drives: '15 SO M4/'20 Z4 M40i
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Austin, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2020 BMW Z4 M40i  [0.00]
2015 BMW M4  [4.38]
Well, this thread has gone to hell - the three stooges are here - @myzmak, @WAH, and @Lups
__________________
Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915, President 27 years, www.tejaschapter.org
2015 ///M4, SO/full black, 6MT, HK, light 19"
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2014, 10:20 PM   #74
IMrMark
Captain
IMrMark's Avatar
United_States
70
Rep
991
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW M4
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Fairfax, VA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [4.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BROCHOP View Post
Hey Gents (and ladies if you exist here)..

I've been prowling the forums for a while now researching and gathering as much info as I can in order to make the best decision upon purchasing a new car in the coming weeks. Long story short, my 335is is going to be out of warranty in November of this year, and I am in the market for a new car. Originally, I was holding out to find a great deal on a slightly used F10 M5. Well, the other day, I test drove a YMB F82 M4 and completely fell in love. I left the test drive smiling like a 5 yr old with a new happy meal toy haha. Anyway, what I am looking for here is,

1) How old are you M4 owners? I cant find any age demographic info
2) Were any of you in the market for an m5/m6 before the M4?
3) Regrets? thoughts? comments?

I am 26 years old, and part owner of a restaurant, and my fear is that if I order an M4, I will feel like it isn't as much of a "mans car" as the M5 is (dumb, but we've all thought it). Last thing i want is to spend $80k and feel like its a boy racer. ANY HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED!!

Regards, and drive safe,

Brochop
I appreciate what you're trying to learn here. Please know I never do this, and that I hope the replies people have posted have been helpful:


http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=973344

Also... The M5 is a fast respectable comfortable car. I've used the term la-z-boy, but that isn't fair. It's a great car for many. In any event of what people think of it versus whatever else, you walked away from your test drive with a huge smile on your face and "in love." That should tell you all you need to know.

Finally... what is this restaurant and when are you buying us all dinner?
__________________
2015 ///M4 F82
[ Mineral Grey | SO Ext | 19" Black | 6MT | CFRP Interior | LED | Executive | Side/Top Cameras | Adaptive M Suspension | HK Surround ]
:: will code locally for rum, beer, or chicken; PM as desired ::
Instagram: IMrMark
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2014, 10:33 PM   #75
myzmak
Advocatus Douchebagus. Sex Marxist.
myzmak's Avatar
Canada
2223
Rep
3,372
Posts

Drives: Lucy.
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 F80 M3  [5.00]
2013 MB E350 Wagon  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcconn535 View Post
Well, this thread has gone to hell - the three stooges are here - @myzmak, @WAH, and @Lups
We need a fourth. How is your horse riding?
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2014, 10:34 PM   #76
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
Wah's Avatar
United_States
1680
Rep
3,276
Posts

Drives: 2018 M4 2016 X5
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NJ

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcconn535 View Post
Well, this thread has gone to hell - the three stooges are here - @myzmak, @WAH, and @Lups
Well, I'm not close to drunk enough yet to blow this up, so I will contribute while I am functional...

If you can afford an M4 at 26, then fuck yeah! Go for it!!! It is not boy racer until you start adding some tacky mods. Do it right, and you have an enthusiast's lux-race car. I see the M5 as more of a rich man's trophy car (my opinion)... It is not a bad car by any means, but it is very different from the M4 and attracts a different type of driver. Pick a side and go with it.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2014, 10:36 PM   #77
myzmak
Advocatus Douchebagus. Sex Marxist.
myzmak's Avatar
Canada
2223
Rep
3,372
Posts

Drives: Lucy.
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 F80 M3  [5.00]
2013 MB E350 Wagon  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
I'm on it myz and on a beer run as we speak! Only @wah is missing in action now!



Thanks for the title idiot btw, its shorter to write than what I was told earlier about me.
I knew I could count on you.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2014, 10:39 PM   #78
sdrck
Private
5
Rep
53
Posts

Drives: m4 coming soon
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Chicago/South Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROCHOP View Post
I had also entertained the idea of looking into a used Carrera S (991) or a used 4s. But Porsche offers too many options I would want, and the price would exceed that of a new M6, and that seemed crazy to me at this age. The M4 seems like the best bang for the buck, and I may as well take advantage of not having to own a 4 door until i really need it. Hanging up my dry cleaning isn't a make or break issue for buying a 4door vs a 2 door. What else did you consider before pulling the trigger? How did you spec your coupe?
My M4 is basically fully loaded minus the adaptive suspension and the CCB. The full leather was added when I saw a pic on this forum and it was breath taking. I considered a F-type S Jag, 911 and used 911 s, GTR used, New corvettes, 6 series, and M6. As for the f type, 911, amd 6 series...I have an issue I need to work on where I cant purchase something where I know theres a better model of out there...f type S, 911, M6...those so those were out of the competition. The other ones just didnt offer enough pros to make me want to buy them over the M4....and the M4 was alot more reasonable. By the time I spec'd the others with the options I would have to have, I was looking at 120k give or take a couple grand. The only hard part now is dealing with this ridiculous ordering and waiting system bmw has in order.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2014, 10:49 PM   #79
chiplee
Captain
chiplee's Avatar
296
Rep
973
Posts

Drives: 2015 M3
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ridgecrest, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wah View Post
Well, I'm not close to drunk enough yet to blow this up, so I will contribute while I am functional...

If you can afford an M4 at 26, then fuck yeah!
Lol, for some reason my brain was not "nexting" correctly and I thought sure you were going to say, "if you can afford an M4 at 26, then fuck you, and fuck yeah, etc". I'm drunk too though so you know.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2014, 10:56 PM   #80
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
Wah's Avatar
United_States
1680
Rep
3,276
Posts

Drives: 2018 M4 2016 X5
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NJ

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiplee View Post
Lol, for some reason my brain was not "nexting" correctly and I thought sure you were going to say, "if you can afford an M4 at 26, then fuck you, and fuck yeah, etc". I'm drunk too though so you know.
Well that too... when I was 26 I was dreaming about the E46 M3, but there was no way I could get into one. So, OP... if you can afford one, FU you lucky SOB! Just do it!
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2014, 10:57 PM   #81
Lups
...
Lups's Avatar
11028
Rep
15,337
Posts

Drives: I don't own a car.
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Lost as usual

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wah View Post
Is this where the Friday night crew come in and completely derail this thread? Because this is what we nolifers do for entertainment while everybody else is actually going out and doing stuff.

Lups... beer. Quick!
Lol you summed it up well. Anyway, this is the entertainment of the evening so I'm sorry for everything already.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
You're still a little new here, so I'll let you in on a little secret. Whenever Lups types gibberish, this is an opportunity for you to imagine it to be whatever you'd like it to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
How would you know this? Did mommy catch you jerking off to some Big Foot porn ?
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2014, 10:58 PM   #82
Lups
...
Lups's Avatar
11028
Rep
15,337
Posts

Drives: I don't own a car.
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Lost as usual

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by myzmak View Post
I knew I could count on you.
Hey now, lets pretend I at least have a life! Oh hell... Why bother, I hang out with you old dudes.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
You're still a little new here, so I'll let you in on a little secret. Whenever Lups types gibberish, this is an opportunity for you to imagine it to be whatever you'd like it to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
How would you know this? Did mommy catch you jerking off to some Big Foot porn ?
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2014, 10:59 PM   #83
1stm3f80
First Lieutenant
1stm3f80's Avatar
United_States
44
Rep
380
Posts

Drives: F80 ///M3
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (0)

34 married with a kid, house, and X5.

PS all "boy racer" problems go away when you look in the rear view and see a 16 month old kid and a 15 yr old dog losing half it's hair in your back seat.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2014, 11:00 PM   #84
myzmak
Advocatus Douchebagus. Sex Marxist.
myzmak's Avatar
Canada
2223
Rep
3,372
Posts

Drives: Lucy.
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 F80 M3  [5.00]
2013 MB E350 Wagon  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Hey now, lets pretend I at least have a life! Oh hell... Why bother, I hang out with you old dudes.
I am really young for 352. Most say I don't look or act a day past 340.

Now you kids GET OFF MY DAMN LAWN. Don't make me chase you in my M6!
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2014, 11:01 PM   #85
Andrew115
Major
Andrew115's Avatar
299
Rep
1,451
Posts

Drives: Silver Bullet
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Charlotte NC

iTrader: (0)

Someone say beer????
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2014, 11:03 PM   #86
Lups
...
Lups's Avatar
11028
Rep
15,337
Posts

Drives: I don't own a car.
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Lost as usual

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by myzmak View Post
I am really young for 352. Most say I don't look or act a day past 340.

Now you kids GET OFF MY DAMN LAWN. Don't make me chase you in my M6!
I could believe the alleged age before you having an M6. We just are not cool enough to pull those through! Sorry Myz.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
You're still a little new here, so I'll let you in on a little secret. Whenever Lups types gibberish, this is an opportunity for you to imagine it to be whatever you'd like it to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
How would you know this? Did mommy catch you jerking off to some Big Foot porn ?
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2014, 11:03 PM   #87
1stm3f80
First Lieutenant
1stm3f80's Avatar
United_States
44
Rep
380
Posts

Drives: F80 ///M3
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (0)

Beer
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2014, 11:06 PM   #88
myzmak
Advocatus Douchebagus. Sex Marxist.
myzmak's Avatar
Canada
2223
Rep
3,372
Posts

Drives: Lucy.
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 F80 M3  [5.00]
2013 MB E350 Wagon  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
I could believe the alleged age before you having an M6. We just are not cool enough to pull those through! Sorry Myz.
Fair. Fair.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:08 AM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST