Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

01-22-2018, 01:49 PM   #1
hanafimahmoud
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 Convertible

Unable to show metadata when connected via Bluetooth

Hi,

most of the times i connect my phone via bluetooth, the player is unable to read the song name, artist, track, etc. also the back & skip don't work.

it really doesn't matter what i'm using on my phone to play songs, Apple music, spotify, etc. it happens with all of them

I have 2016M4 ID4. anyone got the same issue? solution?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-22-2018, 02:59 PM   #2
Draper
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp / Macan Turbo

Same issue here.

I haven't found a permanent solution, but this works for me.

1. Start playing song via Bluetooth
2. Switch to radio input then back to Bluetooth
      01-23-2018, 12:58 AM   #3
hanafimahmoud
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draper View Post
Same issue here.

I haven't found a permanent solution, but this works for me.

1. Start playing song via Bluetooth
2. Switch to radio input then back to Bluetooth
will try that. thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2018, 04:41 PM   #4
F80_BK
M3MBER
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 -Yas Marina/Silverstone

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
I loaded the latest free software update onto a 2GB USB stick and plugged it in to my center console USB. Took like 2 minutes. Metadata over bluetooth has worked flawlessly since then and also looks a lot cleaner. The update notes mention metadata but they did not go into much detail, but I assume this fixed the problem. Also I am not sure what the "Add-on" software does, but that was not on my system before the update.

Just put your last 7 of VIN and it will take you to the correct download. FYI this was done on my 2015 M3

https://www.bmw.com/en/footer/software-updates.html

Before-
Media version: MN-002.052.001
Telephone version: TN-002.052.001

After-
Add-on version: HN-002.255.073
Media version: MN-002.255.071
Telephone version: TN-002.255.070

The following adjustments are made during
the software update:

Multimedia
▷ Activates audio output when the Tagesschau app is used. (independent of device)
▷ Improves the display of long track names. (independent of device)
▷ Corrects playback of podcasts. (Apple devices with iOS Version 8 and higher)
▷ Clears the display of old metadata after a change of track. (independent of device)
▷ Removes superfluous note on app installation. (Apple iPhone)

Phone
▷ Enables the use of BlackBerry devices from OS 10.3 for data services via the mobile telephone.
▷ Allows closing of individual reminder messages. (independent of device)
▷ Improves filter function for e-mails and text messages with BlackBerry mobile telephones. (BlackBerry: Torch 9800, Bold 9900 with OS 7.1)
▷ Improves the audio quality when using the handsfree system. (Apple, Motorola and Samsung mobile telephones)
▷ Improves downloading of messages from mobile telephones to the vehicle. (independent of device)
▷ Improves the reminder function for calendar and notes from mobile telephones. (independent of device)
▷ Improves synchronisation with mobile telephones. (independent of device, with the exception of some Nokia mobile telephones).
▷ Improves the transfer of call lists to the vehicle. (LG, Samsung and BlackBerry mobile telephones)
▷ Improves the display of Chinese names in Chinese vehicles. (Android mobile telephones)
▷ Improves the display of journeys made in the service Online Driver's Log. (independent of device)
▷ Improves display of the distance. Distance is given in kilometres and miles in the service Online Driver's Log. (independent of device)
▷ Improves the display of special characters in the ConnectedDrive portal. (independent of device)
      02-25-2018, 03:01 PM   #5
hanafimahmoud
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F80_BK View Post
I loaded the latest free software update onto a 2GB USB stick and plugged it in to my center console USB. Took like 2 minutes. Metadata over bluetooth has worked flawlessly since then and also looks a lot cleaner. The update notes mention metadata but they did not go into much detail, but I assume this fixed the problem. Also I am not sure what the "Add-on" software does, but that was not on my system before the update.

Just put your last 7 of VIN and it will take you to the correct download. FYI this was done on my 2015 M3

https://www.bmw.com/en/footer/software-updates.html

Before-
Media version: MN-002.052.001
Telephone version: TN-002.052.001

After-
Add-on version: HN-002.255.073
Media version: MN-002.255.071
Telephone version: TN-002.255.070

The following adjustments are made during
the software update:

Multimedia
▷ Activates audio output when the Tagesschau app is used. (independent of device)
▷ Improves the display of long track names. (independent of device)
▷ Corrects playback of podcasts. (Apple devices with iOS Version 8 and higher)
▷ Clears the display of old metadata after a change of track. (independent of device)
▷ Removes superfluous note on app installation. (Apple iPhone)

Phone
▷ Enables the use of BlackBerry devices from OS 10.3 for data services via the mobile telephone.
▷ Allows closing of individual reminder messages. (independent of device)
▷ Improves filter function for e-mails and text messages with BlackBerry mobile telephones. (BlackBerry: Torch 9800, Bold 9900 with OS 7.1)
▷ Improves the audio quality when using the handsfree system. (Apple, Motorola and Samsung mobile telephones)
▷ Improves downloading of messages from mobile telephones to the vehicle. (independent of device)
▷ Improves the reminder function for calendar and notes from mobile telephones. (independent of device)
▷ Improves synchronisation with mobile telephones. (independent of device, with the exception of some Nokia mobile telephones).
▷ Improves the transfer of call lists to the vehicle. (LG, Samsung and BlackBerry mobile telephones)
▷ Improves the display of Chinese names in Chinese vehicles. (Android mobile telephones)
▷ Improves the display of journeys made in the service Online Driver's Log. (independent of device)
▷ Improves display of the distance. Distance is given in kilometres and miles in the service Online Driver's Log. (independent of device)
▷ Improves the display of special characters in the ConnectedDrive portal. (independent of device)
I just checked the website, it says my car is up to date, but will double check against your version numbers when i get into the car. thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2018, 02:12 PM   #6
F80_BK
M3MBER
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanafimahmoud View Post
I just checked the website, it says my car is up to date, but will double check against your version numbers when i get into the car. thanks
Disregard my post. My car has now been doing the exact same thing. I tried forgetting the device on my phone and removing it completely from idrive but it's still happening. Hopefully someone else has found a fix. Cuz it was working fine. And I haven't done any iOS updates on my phone, it's been on 11.1.2 since I got this phone and was working fine on it until now. Not sure what changed
      03-24-2018, 07:01 PM   #7
F80_BK
M3MBER
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
Is your iphone jailbroken? I finally got to the root of why mine was doing this and it was a certain cydia tweak that I had installed. BatteryPercentX. I uninstalled it and it has been back to working ever since. If you are not jailbroken, then I am still stumped.