GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

09-02-2019, 09:25 AM   #1
Adventureman
Registered
Rep
Drives: M4 comp pack

ProtectX

As a first time owner of a 2019 M4 coupe I opted for the protectX treatment.......does anyone know how to tell if this had been done as I read on here that the water just slides of the screen but mine doesn’t.....all I have is a sales invoice with it on.......
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2019, 03:14 PM   #2
SteveChester
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Garage List
2014 BMW F82 M4  [0.00]
Hope you didn't pay more than £10 for it!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2019, 11:49 AM   #3
Adventureman
Registered
Rep
Drives: M4 comp pack

Appreciate 0
      10-03-2019, 11:39 AM   #4
SO8
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G42 M240i xdrive

I have it on an X3 and it seems great.

I don't know how long it will stay on but the only other car I had with a similar treatment was an S2000 and the treatment lasted the 2 years I had the car - as with the S2000 the Protect X seems to be making it really easy to clean and get a great finish.

People who have had it seem to like it in my experience and everyone else slags it off without having had it !!

I would add I had it thrown in for the X3 purchase as I wouldn't pay what they want. I also had it thrown in for the S2000.

The X3 application was obvious when it rained as water slid off the screen. The more obvious thing was the slightly chemical smell on the inside after they had treated the sears which previously smelt of rich leather. That smell has subsided and I am now back to the nice leather smell !

I am really pleased I had it - and didn't pay. I seriously think most who slate it have not had it. I was told it took the best part of a day or so to apply. I can't verify that bit, but the finish has lasted with my car, albeit only 4 months.

The guy I got the car off was full of praise for it ... after he had thrown it in, so he had nothing to gain by what he said apart from maybe in 3 years when I change car ... but I would then be trying to get it thrown in again !!
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2019, 06:00 AM   #5
OneExtra
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SO8 View Post
I have it on an X3 and it seems great.

I don't know how long it will stay on but the only other car I had with a similar treatment was an S2000 and the treatment lasted the 2 years I had the car - as with the S2000 the Protect X seems to be making it really easy to clean and get a great finish.

People who have had it seem to like it in my experience and everyone else slags it off without having had it !!

I would add I had it thrown in for the X3 purchase as I wouldn't pay what they want. I also had it thrown in for the S2000.

The X3 application was obvious when it rained as water slid off the screen. The more obvious thing was the slightly chemical smell on the inside after they had treated the sears which previously smelt of rich leather. That smell has subsided and I am now back to the nice leather smell !

I am really pleased I had it - and didn't pay. I seriously think most who slate it have not had it. I was told it took the best part of a day or so to apply. I can't verify that bit, but the finish has lasted with my car, albeit only 4 months.

The guy I got the car off was full of praise for it ... after he had thrown it in, so he had nothing to gain by what he said apart from maybe in 3 years when I change car ... but I would then be trying to get it thrown in again !!
Its not how effective it is as a product, normally its the fact they put it on a car with average paintwork, even when new a car will be covered in swirls etc

To do this properly the car should be machine polished first otherwise you are just sealing in average paint which is probably fine for Jo Public but for anyone who has half an idea its not acceptable
Appreciate 0