GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA

07-08-2019, 06:17 AM   #1
Dangriffin87
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 80

M3 Tuning in WA

Looking for any recommendation for a good, reliable and trust worthy tuning garage in Perth.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2019, 11:58 PM   #2
SiriX
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 M340i XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangriffin87 View Post
Looking for any recommendation for a good, reliable and trust worthy tuning garage in Perth.
Interested in what kind of tuning you're looking for?

With the advent of BM3 seemingly being the defacto-standard in Flash Tunes, and as far as i know there's basically 1 place which sells their tuning licence in Perth, but i've heard of shops selling JB4's etc... just not sure they do them for BMW's (at the time i was in a Golf R so i was looking at the VW tuners in Perth -- but i seem to recall they did Audi's etc, so probably also do BMW)

Interested to here what your plans are though
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2019, 12:35 AM   #3
boostED82
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2016 LCI F80 M3 Competition

Cade (Owner) @ Racing Dynamics in Malaga https://racingdynamics.com.au/ do Evolve Technik tuning https://www.evolve-technik.com.au/?g...SAAEgJ2L_D_BwE

I can't rate them highly enough
2016 Mineral Grey LCI F80 ///M3 Competition Pack M-DCT Sedan - Evolve Technik Stage 2 | BMC Air Filters | Akrapovic Downpipes | KW HAS Kit | M Performance Front Lip & Carbon Splitters | M Performance Side Skirts | M Performance Rear Diffuser | M Performance Boot Spoiler | M Performance V1 Steering Wheel | M Performance Carbon Shifter & Hand Brake | M Performance Pedals | iND Reflector Deletes | Pomponazzi Coating
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2019, 07:53 AM   #4
Dangriffin87
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiriX View Post

With the advent of BM3 seemingly being the defacto-standard in Flash Tunes, and as far as i know there's basically 1 place which sells their tuning licence in Perth, but i've heard of shops selling JB4's etc... just not sure they do them for BMW's (at the time i was in a Golf R so i was looking at the VW tuners in Perth -- but i seem to recall they did Audi's etc, so probably also do BMW)

Im not 100% sure yet, don't want to go over the top with mods as its a daily drive.

Wouldn't mind a bit more power. Pretty intrested in the dct tune as the gearbox has always been painful in my opinion. Wouldn't mind the burble and overrun on sports and sports plus mode. Been looking at a load of tuning options on this forum. Looks like there are multiple to chose from. Don't really want to spend 8k on an exhaust either!

Any experiences with bm3? What are the ots maps like? Wouldn't mind just chatting to a tuner in Perth and seeing what options I have. If they are good value, I may jist go with them to do everything.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2019, 09:43 AM   #5
Mthree F80
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 F80 LCI

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiriX View Post

Im not 100% sure yet, don't want to go over the top with mods as its a daily drive.

Wouldn't mind a bit more power. Pretty intrested in the dct tune as the gearbox has always been painful in my opinion. Wouldn't mind the burble and overrun on sports and sports plus mode. Been looking at a load of tuning options on this forum. Looks like there are multiple to chose from. Don't really want to spend 8k on an exhaust either!

Any experiences with bm3? What are the ots maps like? Wouldn't mind just chatting to a tuner in Perth and seeing what options I have. If they are good value, I may jist go with them to do everything.
Flashtuned would be the best to speak too about BM3 and Cade at Racing Dynamics for an Evolve Technik tune
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2019, 07:32 PM   #6
drgmt
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: M4

Alex at alpine will do it all remotely.

He's on the forum. Smooth tune and great service.

Highly recommend him.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2019, 03:18 AM   #7
Dangriffin87
Private
Rep

I am torn at the minute between getting a BM3 licence or doing it through Alex.

Does anyone know if any of their maps are actual OEM or just 'OEM Like'

Interested to see anyone has had both of these done and which they prefer?

Is BM3 via ODB cable or OBD Wifi?
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2019, 04:21 AM   #8
SiriX
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 M340i XDrive

Quote:
I am torn at the minute between getting a BM3 licence or doing it through Alex.

Does anyone know if any of their maps are actual OEM or just 'OEM Like'

Interested to see anyone has had both of these done and which they prefer?

Is BM3 via ODB cable or OBD Wifi?
To directly answer those questions.

The CS/CS+ tunes are OEM-Like, they're not direct copies as far as im aware.

Stock is literally your stock tune.

BM3 is via ODB Cable, even their device ultimately uses a cable to connect to the Wifi device.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2019, 05:24 AM   #9
agxr6
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 pure

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgmt View Post

Highly recommend him.

Another vote here for Alex,
OEM quality tune, lots of power and best customer service!
Appreciate 1
M-Four22.50
      07-11-2019, 08:13 AM   #10
M-Four
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by agxr6 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drgmt View Post

Highly recommend him.

Another vote here for Alex,
OEM quality tune, lots of power and best customer service!
Yeah I got mine done through Alex as well. Very professional and top bloke. Car runs well with his tunes and settings. Would recommend his services!
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2019, 07:20 AM   #11
Dangriffin87
Private
Rep

Are Alex's stage 1 and 2 the same as the bm3 stage 1 and 2 or the bm3 cs and gts tunes?
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2019, 03:18 PM   #12
drgmt
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Are Alex's stage 1 and 2 the same as the bm3 stage 1 and 2 or the bm3 cs and gts tunes?
Message him - he'll answer questions and is an honest decent guy.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2019, 04:07 PM   #13
agxr6
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep

It's not always about max power. I can only comment on Alex stage 2 tune along with the gts coding he did.
The car does sound slightly different in a good way, being a bit louder and aggressive. Mid range torque is huge leap forward which you'll experience the most, but power is increased everywhere!. Mid range is most important as It's pretty hard to find the roads to red line these cars in many gears.
My wife uses mine more than I do, she takes the kids to school and does the shopping. I didn't tell her anything about what I did. It dives that well she hasn't complained or noticed the tune under her light foot driving. This civilized manner is what makes a tune great. I've done silly things in the past and learnt you get sick of it if it's not prefect.
Didn't even try his stage 2+ and probably won't, if you can use all the power on offer all the time you'd need to be on a track or won't have a licence long. Also pushing to hard then durability and reliability come into question also. I can drive my car hard, have tons of fun, it's much quicker than stock and I don't have to worry about much.
On top of all that Alex is a champ to deal with, that alone is with 20hp haha.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2019, 07:44 PM   #14
Dangriffin87
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by agxr6 View Post
It's not always about max power. I can only comment on Alex stage 2 tune along with the gts coding he did.
The car does sound slightly different in a good way, being a bit louder and aggressive. Mid range torque is huge leap forward which you'll experience the most, but power is increased everywhere!. Mid range is most important as It's pretty hard to find the roads to red line these cars in many gears.
My wife uses mine more than I do, she takes the kids to school and does the shopping. I didn't tell her anything about what I did. It dives that well she hasn't complained or noticed the tune under her light foot driving. This civilized manner is what makes a tune great. I've done silly things in the past and learnt you get sick of it if it's not prefect.
Didn't even try his stage 2+ and probably won't, if you can use all the power on offer all the time you'd need to be on a track or won't have a licence long. Also pushing to hard then durability and reliability come into question also. I can drive my car hard, have tons of fun, it's much quicker than stock and I don't have to worry about much.
On top of all that Alex is a champ to deal with, that alone is with 20hp haha.
I think you may have just sold me on it, I am pretty pedantic when it comes to things not being correct. Anything you wouldn't bother with off Alex? Or shall I just go all out?
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2019, 09:45 PM   #15
agxr6
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep

I didn't try stage 2+ or GTS steering. I don't think alex would mind an extra file for you. he just sent me a valet tune 4k rpm limit and speed limit to 140 on stock engine map, more than useable just can't be silly.
my sport and sport plus are set for exhuast flaps to be open at all times, and i have stock burbles, alex can give you anything you like.
Highly recommend GTS DCT really quick shifts with excelent rev matching and GTS MDM, it's MDM that actually does what it was advertisted to do instead of having no difference to full on, oh also got CS suspension.
also recommend turning off active sound, car is now quieter and more relaxed for long highway trips.
I'm north west country vic, cable and software shipment was great from LA, ordered it Saturday arvo here, fed ex stuff was here thursday and alex logged in and tunned thursday arvo, (I felt bad after becuase it was a bit late for him)
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2019, 04:28 AM   #16
agxr6
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Hey Did you decide on a tune yet? Interested in what you did and what you thought.
I put stock file on mine today just for something to do, couldn't believe how much slower it was, I got used to the tune and it become normal
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2019, 10:45 PM   #17
domino_z
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F-Pace SVR

i've tried the openflash and bpm tunes so far

i wasn't happy with the throttle tip in, openflash was better but it still made driving the car a bit too finicky

seems whichever platform you choose, the bigger the power gain, the more sensitive initial throttle tip in becomes, and it gets very cumbersome getting the car off the line smoothly

i'm waiting for ecutek to release their full racerom s/w, then i can have my tuner in SA set the car up exactly how i wish

in meantime, im tempted to try the bm3 cs+ maps, that may end up the perfect compromise bw throttle sensitivity and power gain - i don't want that typical stage 1 huge mid range whack torque gain, makes driving the car horrible on street, the s55 is spikey enough, it's too much torque for the chassis and mechanical grip
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2019, 03:54 PM   #18
mynameisplayer
SCHNELL
Rep
Drives: F15 50i, E46, E90, Crafter van

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino_z View Post
i've tried the openflash and bpm tunes so far

i wasn't happy with the throttle tip in, openflash was better but it still made driving the car a bit too finicky

seems whichever platform you choose, the bigger the power gain, the more sensitive initial throttle tip in becomes, and it gets very cumbersome getting the car off the line smoothly

i'm waiting for ecutek to release their full racerom s/w, then i can have my tuner in SA set the car up exactly how i wish

in meantime, im tempted to try the bm3 cs+ maps, that may end up the perfect compromise bw throttle sensitivity and power gain - i don't want that typical stage 1 huge mid range whack torque gain, makes driving the car horrible on street, the s55 is spikey enough, it's too much torque for the chassis and mechanical grip
So now EcuTek RaceRom is released who's looking into it? On-the-fly map changes, flex-fuel support!
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2019, 04:26 PM   #19
domino_z
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F-Pace SVR

Yep will be doing this when I get back from o/s

My tuner is ex willall, now trading as powertech
Appreciate 0