Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

10-17-2020, 07:41 PM   #1
M4Now!
Captain
Rep
Drives: MG / SO F83

M4 vs sport bike...win...

So I'm on the road a few nights ago, a surface road with minimal traffic. Someone in another car tries to race (can't even remember what it was ), and he vanished in a quick burst of throttle. At which point, some guy on a sport bike shrieks past me, going WAY faster than me.

We stop at a red light, and his buddy on a second sport bike joins him. The light turns green, and they hit it - all I hear is bikes winding up.

And then way up ahead I see them start to round the next curve, which isn't particularly hard - except that construction has torn up the road surface. First one bike's taillight wobbles, but he saves it. Then the second bike's taillight goes horizontal, and I can just barely see it spin off the road in a cloud of dust

I pull up to help, but fortunately the guy is in full leathers and is up by the time I get there, bike across the road in the ditch. I thought he would be dead...they had to be doing 100. They don't want help (probably to limit witnesses...), so I leave.

Moral of this story? Don't try and go fast on a road you don't know...

Bye bye E93 M3 - Hello F83 M4!
Appreciate 3
SYT_Shadow11462.00
Suds1597.00
      10-17-2020, 08:17 PM   #2
Suds
/M Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: Responsiblish

I have crashed descending a near 11,000 ft mountain pass in CO at over 50mph on a road bicycle, missed a curve, you can get fucked up.

It was Slumgullion pass towards Lake City.
Appreciate 1
GERMAN M34181.00
      10-17-2020, 08:56 PM   #3
M4Now!
Captain
Rep
Drives: MG / SO F83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suds View Post
I have crashed descending a near 11,000 ft mountain pass in CO at over 50mph on a road bicycle, missed a curve, you can get fucked up.

Eek...have come close to that. Got over-enthusiastic down the back side of Alpe d'Huez, and had to get on the brakes HARD. Entered the turn with my back wheel lifted off the ground. Think my HR hit about 300...

Bye bye E93 M3 - Hello F83 M4!
Appreciate 1
Suds1597.00
      10-21-2020, 12:43 PM   #4
jpy1980
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3 -Smurfy Blue Vinyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suds View Post

Waaaa I remember my buddy and I Were mountain biking at a local socal single track trail and on the way up to the downhill, we were in a steep uphill single track and he got tired and couldn’t clip out fast enough and fell off the cliff. Was probably a 60ft drop but luckily there were lots of branches and trees which caught him and his bike 10 ft down. I had to use my bike to pull him up. Fun times!
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2020, 07:34 PM   #5
2011ninja
Colonel
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4Now! View Post
So I'm on the road a few nights ago, a surface road with minimal traffic. Someone in another car tries to race (can't even remember what it was ), and he vanished in a quick burst of throttle. At which point, some guy on a sport bike shrieks past me, going WAY faster than me.

We stop at a red light, and his buddy on a second sport bike joins him. The light turns green, and they hit it - all I hear is bikes winding up.

And then way up ahead I see them start to round the next curve, which isn't particularly hard - except that construction has torn up the road surface. First one bike's taillight wobbles, but he saves it. Then the second bike's taillight goes horizontal, and I can just barely see it spin off the road in a cloud of dust

I pull up to help, but fortunately the guy is in full leathers and is up by the time I get there, bike across the road in the ditch. I thought he would be dead...they had to be doing 100. They don't want help (probably to limit witnesses...), so I leave.

Moral of this story? Don't try and go fast on a road you don't know...
New rider, tunnel vision, excitement, disaster

That sucks
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2020, 11:37 AM   #6
elinstylez
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M3

Thought this was a kill story, got excited for nothing lol
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2020, 12:58 AM   #7