BPM
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

01-30-2020, 04:51 PM   #1
propete1031
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Thumbs up /wave! PCW Exhaust and BM3 Stage One review...

I'm back!

A bit of a hiatus since the E46 M3 11 years ago but alas, new job, bit of a pay rise and I'm back in the game with a 2017 M4 cab CP in dark grey. Apologies for the cabriolet bit but it's soooo worth it :E

So. Just took a trip down PCW today, have to say I'm impressed with the results !
Got the exhaust work done and a stage one bm3 remap including the GTS transmission flash, I've got to say, f*** me that was all worth it! Loved every minute of my 4 hour drive back home, the results are fantastic. I've had the M4 for 10 months already but these mods have transformed it into what every M4 car should have been from stock!
  • First the exhaust mods from Paul at PCW, fantastic guy and a true professional, I watched him do the whole job, brilliantly executed to the highest standard, no concerns there. The results are fantastic and just what I wanted. Burbles much more pronounced, a deeper louder sound over all and all the pops and bangs you could ask for which are completely customisable from the bm3 remap!
  • Casual mode exactly the same (which is what I wanted in case you need to tone it down to stock anytime) and the cold start and GTS roar are gone so my neighbours and wife are happy at 6am on Monday mornings :E
  • Wow what a difference bm3 has made! a-side from the above, the power is sooo much more usable now (even in the damp conditions today it's REALLY noticeable, the delivery is much more gradual and planted, it's miles faster with that extra horsepower, not just because it's more hp (which of course is noticeable in itself), but because it's delivered in a better way BMW implemented and now the car has so much more control over that power! Thing I really love is the integrated sports display on the iDrive has also been updated to a maximum of 660BHP, class! It's so professionally done. The remap must have updated this bit of the car and you can see actual figures of how much you're using (in the 500 range for me), That's the benefit of doing a full remap I guess rather than just tricking the car with a bolt-on chip.
  • Finally the GTS transmission update is awesome too! No more kangarooing but also the changes are miles smoother now and faster with a much more seemless feel. I used to find the gear changes so aggressively clunky that it would kick the car to the right and even break traction sometimes, I didn't notice that once today...

Anyway, in sure you lot already know the impact of these mods but I just feel better for sharing ok! if anyone is in the Poole or Bournemouth area and wants to see, let me know I'm more than willing to share! haha

Right time to get me a pair of MP4S for the rear!

Peace