proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

01-30-2020, 08:54 PM   #23
///BMW Junkie
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by E60orBust View Post
Spoke with GT Auto a few days ago and they prefer doing the VTT spline lock kit vs the MaxPSI due to the installation needing to drill into the crank.

I'm not looking to build any kind of dragster, just get some piece of mind with BM3 and some turbos / downpipes, so now I'm on the fence between MaxPSI and VTT...

Not biased here but VTT has lot of unsatisfied customers on N54 platform and now with S55. This type of back and forth with customers is just not my cup of tea.

Vtt crank hub slipped, turbos failed https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1679594
      01-31-2020, 10:41 PM   #24
E60orBust
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: "The Brothers //M-Sport" E90/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///FastEuro View Post
Not biased here but VTT has lot of unsatisfied customers on N54 platform and now with S55. This type of back and forth with customers is just not my cup of tea.

Vtt crank hub slipped, turbos failed https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1679594
I know. MaxPSI is essentially the gold standard but GT showed some resistance to drilling for the installation. I'm going to follow-up again to see if they are dead set against it, and if so, may have to look for alternatives.

GT says they've installed Vtt for other customers with no complaints, but I still have my reservations.
Appreciate 0