proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-22-2020, 10:20 AM   #1
jamiesecker
First Lieutenant
jamiesecker's Avatar
United Kingdom
51
Rep
363
Posts

Drives: M4 CP
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: hants

iTrader: (2)

Gauging Intrest/M4 Comp Price to sell.

I apprecete that a car is only worth what someone is willing to pay but wanted to ask some advice if possible without getting shot down.
I have for some time considered selling my pride and joy as if honest as it doesnt come out much due to a company car etc.
I apprecete that selling all the MODS is sometimes the way to go but thought I would ask your advice on what my car is realistickly work to sell as is today?
Car is an Dec 2017 M4 Comp with FSH (Dealer)
Covered 5k
Fully loaded on the extras front with Head up display etc.
Car has been PPF wrapped from new so no marks or chips at all.
Ceramic coated with GTek products, plus wheels.
6.8 MM tread all round.
Full OEM carbon pack outsie and Inside.
Upgraded OEM Ceramic callipers and new 400 mm discs with DS2500 pads, only covered 40 miles.
BMW OEM HAS suspension upgrade.
Eventuri carbon air intake system (sounds amazing)
Carbon engine cover OEM
Akraprovic Back box titanium with carbon tips.
Performance steering wheel and gear surround OEM.
In Car BMW Camera front and rear Gen 2.
Car is betetr than new and not used in the wet (Garage Queen)
Just had 2 year service at the dealer.
Thinking of 47,000 all in possibly! (standing by for abuse).
Attached Images
   
__________________
BMW E36 M3 Track car, Safety Devices role cage, Recaro Pole position seats, Bilstien Suspension, BBK, Poly bushed.(in factory white).
BMW F10 M5 Dailey driver.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2020, 05:37 PM   #2
t5pilot
Major
t5pilot's Avatar
United Kingdom
575
Rep
1,280
Posts

Drives: M4 CP
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Yorkshire - UK

iTrader: (0)

As lovely as your car is, and it really is! As you say, what would someone pay.
To get anything more than book, would be a private sale, to someone who really wants those extras. I'd be interested for example if in the market.
But I'm afraid you're way overpricing at that. As good as it may be, it's over 2 years old.
You can get a brand new ultimate for £1 less than £50k.
That's the sort of thing you're fighting against.
__________________
/// M-Power ///
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2020, 03:59 AM   #3
jamiesecker
First Lieutenant
jamiesecker's Avatar
United Kingdom
51
Rep
363
Posts

Drives: M4 CP
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: hants

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by t5pilot View Post
As lovely as your car is, and it really is! As you say, what would someone pay.
To get anything more than book, would be a private sale, to someone who really wants those extras. I'd be interested for example if in the market.
But I'm afraid you're way overpricing at that. As good as it may be, it's over 2 years old.
You can get a brand new ultimate for 1 less than 50k.
That's the sort of thing you're fighting against.
If honest you have said exactly what I am thinking but thought I would get conformation.
I will keep it if not as have not enjoyed it yet to its potential and hope to get a Litchfield stage 1 next with the dreaded CHC fix.

Cheers for you comments as appreceated.
__________________
BMW E36 M3 Track car, Safety Devices role cage, Recaro Pole position seats, Bilstien Suspension, BBK, Poly bushed.(in factory white).
BMW F10 M5 Dailey driver.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2020, 06:29 PM   #4
t5pilot
Major
t5pilot's Avatar
United Kingdom
575
Rep
1,280
Posts

Drives: M4 CP
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Yorkshire - UK

iTrader: (0)

If I was you mate, I'd just enjoy your car. I consider myself lucky as I drive mine daily.
Can't you use yours for work once or twice a week? Out of choice?
If you do lots of work miles, using it once a week might be just the ticket...
__________________
/// M-Power ///
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2020, 07:50 AM   #5
OneExtra
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
643
Rep
1,581
Posts

Drives: 2016 M5 Competition
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: England

iTrader: (0)

What a lovely car with those mods.

If you are 100% wanting to sell than take off anything that can be sold, Eventuri Intake and engine cover are worth a lot as you know, easily 1500 for those alone.

I am in a similar situation with the M5 its perfect and I have driven 260 miles since October but excluding depreciation costs me 150 a month to sit doing nothing so its a nice toy (I dont have finance on it)

Consider how much it costs you to have it each month and then balance against the enjoyment you get from it.

This time of year is awful for most cars especially M cars
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2020, 03:37 PM   #6
t5pilot
Major
t5pilot's Avatar
United Kingdom
575
Rep
1,280
Posts

Drives: M4 CP
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Yorkshire - UK

iTrader: (0)

It must be me. I just don't get it. Why would you buy a car, even as a toy, and not use it?
Can't get my head around it.
__________________
/// M-Power ///
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2020, 07:12 PM   #7
jamiesecker
First Lieutenant
jamiesecker's Avatar
United Kingdom
51
Rep
363
Posts

Drives: M4 CP
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: hants

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by t5pilot View Post
It must be me. I just don't get it. Why would you buy a car, even as a toy, and not use it?
Can't get my head around it.
I have found over the last few years that with a new job role and 4-5 hours a day commute that at weekends driving is not as enjoyable as it used to be. Love cars and like most petrol heads need to have a fast one to blast some cobwebs away but in the wet winter months doesnt seem much point if honest. Come on spring and lets go from there
__________________
BMW E36 M3 Track car, Safety Devices role cage, Recaro Pole position seats, Bilstien Suspension, BBK, Poly bushed.(in factory white).
BMW F10 M5 Dailey driver.
Appreciate 2
taitam59.50
OneExtra642.50

      01-26-2020, 04:48 AM   #8
Tengocity
Lieutenant General
Tengocity's Avatar
Scotland
5257
Rep
17,639
Posts

Drives: M4 CP/G20 330e/F31 340i
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Oxfordshire and Scotland sometimes

iTrader: (0)

I suppose I'm in a not dissimilar situation. I stopped using my M4 as my daily back in August. I'd done 26k miles in just over a year since new. Since then I've only done 3k miles, with the company car taking the load. On a purely rational level it doesn't make sense to have it, but that just isn't how my mind and heart works.
I am using most weeks, and in fact my biggest reason not to is that it's nice and clean in the garage and taking it out most days it will get filthy!
There's been an additional pleasure of ownership factor not using it as a daily too. It gets kept cleaner, but also when it does get used it feels more of an occasion. But you do need to use it!

If you do decide to sell though, I'd 100% take off the upgrades and sell separately. I'll be after the intake!
__________________
Current: 2018 M4 Competition, 2019 G20 330e MSport, 2016 F31 340i MSport tourer
Gone...F30 330e, Boxster S 987, F31 335d, Mini Cooper SD, E89 Z4, E90 330d 320d, E60 520d, E46 330d 320d, MX5s, E30 325i
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2020, 04:48 AM   #9
OneExtra
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
643
Rep
1,581
Posts

Drives: 2016 M5 Competition
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengocity View Post
I suppose I'm in a not dissimilar situation. I stopped using my M4 as my daily back in August. I'd done 26k miles in just over a year since new. Since then I've only done 3k miles, with the company car taking the load. On a purely rational level it doesn't make sense to have it, but that just isn't how my mind and heart works.
I am using most weeks, and in fact my biggest reason not to is that it's nice and clean in the garage and taking it out most days it will get filthy!
There's been an additional pleasure of ownership factor not using it as a daily too. It gets kept cleaner, but also when it does get used it feels more of an occasion. But you do need to use it!

If you do decide to sell though, I'd 100% take off the upgrades and sell separately. I'll be after the intake!
Exactly the same for me.

Drive it 10 miles and its filthy, cant use it properly as its so wet and cold so keep it in the garage and use it when its dry or when I have to travel to the station twice a month.

It is special when I do drive it and it makes me happy to see it sat in the garage dry and gleaming.

As the car is in the garage and not used its a lot better than having it sat outside in all weathers doing nothing, sometimes just go in the garage and give it a coat of sealant for a bit of therapy.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2020, 08:51 AM   #10
jamiesecker
First Lieutenant
jamiesecker's Avatar
United Kingdom
51
Rep
363
Posts

Drives: M4 CP
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: hants

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneExtra View Post
Exactly the same for me.

Drive it 10 miles and its filthy, cant use it properly as its so wet and cold so keep it in the garage and use it when its dry or when I have to travel to the station twice a month.

It is special when I do drive it and it makes me happy to see it sat in the garage dry and gleaming.

As the car is in the garage and not used its a lot better than having it sat outside in all weathers doing nothing, sometimes just go in the garage and give it a coat of sealant for a bit of therapy.
Glad its not just me then. Think I will hang out and hold on as nothing I would want to replace it with anyway, except a Porsche 992 that is!
__________________
BMW E36 M3 Track car, Safety Devices role cage, Recaro Pole position seats, Bilstien Suspension, BBK, Poly bushed.(in factory white).
BMW F10 M5 Dailey driver.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2020, 12:42 PM   #11
OneExtra
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
643
Rep
1,581
Posts

Drives: 2016 M5 Competition
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiesecker View Post
Glad its not just me then. Think I will hang out and hold on as nothing I would want to replace it with anyway, except a Porsche 992 that is!
Agree, I have driven mine a bit recently and remembered why I bought it.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2020, 06:33 AM   #12
F82Dude
-
219
Rep
2,381
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)

Could become a classic soon too, when the new M3/4 arrives with that mingin' grille.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:48 AM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST