BPM
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      Today, 12:29 AM   #617
jpy1980
Captain
213
Rep
770
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW M3 Mineral White
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RugbyBro View Post
Aaaaaaand itís sold out. Darn.

How are these new options so much cheaper than the top gear one?
Appreciate 0
      Today, 12:47 AM   #618
RugbyBro
Enlisted Member
RugbyBro's Avatar
13
Rep
43
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpy1980 View Post
Aaaaaaand itís sold out. Darn.

How are these new options so much cheaper than the top gear one?
I don't believe these have even been released yet - their insta post says details will come in the next month. I assume they are gearing up the product page for release. Definitely a reasonable price for what it is and what comps go for, and sounds great.
__________________
F82 - Current
F32 ZHP - Sold
Appreciate 0
      Today, 12:56 AM   #619
RugbyBro
Enlisted Member
RugbyBro's Avatar
13
Rep
43
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

My $0.02 on these systems and "price": I think people shouldn't be concerned with price because all these systems are in line with "M" pricing ~$2.5k - $3.5k. Honestly, I think a mid pipe would get anyone 90% there on sound and will cost ~$500 to have fabricated by a decent (and HONEST) muffler shop... So when we're fighting about "$3,XXX (and the rent) is too high damn high!" let's all be real with ourselves and concede that you could get this done for a whole lot less with a little elbow grease and ingenuity...

Anyway, I'm pretty stoked that this is becoming mainstream - I just hope all the inevitable exhaust manufacturers give the rightful credit to the community that has pushed this into the mainstream. It's been said already, but never will be enough - so thank you Ntg, Spool, RMD, and everyone else who has been contributing!
__________________
F82 - Current
F32 ZHP - Sold
Appreciate 0
      Today, 12:59 AM   #620
aBMWfan
Colonel
United_States
665
Rep
2,756
Posts

Drives: '15 M4/ '09 M3/ '04 M3/ '95 M3
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Thousand Oaks

iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RugbyBro View Post
My $0.02 on these systems and "price": I think people shouldn't be concerned with price because all these systems are in line with "M" pricing ~$2.5k - $3.5k. Honestly, I think a mid pipe would get anyone 90% there on sound and will cost ~$500 to have fabricated by a decent (and HONEST) muffler shop... So when we're fighting about "$3,XXX (and the rent) is too high damn high!" let's all be real with ourselves and concede that you could get this done for a whole lot less with a little elbow grease and ingenuity...

Anyway, I'm pretty stoked that this is becoming mainstream - I just hope all the inevitable exhaust manufacturers give the rightful credit to the community that has pushed this into the mainstream. It's been said already, but never will be enough - so thank you Ntg, Spool, RMD, and everyone else who has been contributing!
Buddy for you to say that the midpipe gives 90% of the sound you are ignoring the R and D that these guys did. They already tried that and obviously they would sell the midpipe if it did work. Thereís a reason for it
Appreciate 0
      Today, 02:29 AM   #621
RugbyBro
Enlisted Member
RugbyBro's Avatar
13
Rep
43
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aBMWfan View Post
Buddy for you to say that the midpipe gives 90% of the sound you are ignoring the R and D that these guys did. They already tried that and obviously they would sell the midpipe if it did work. Thereís a reason for it
Disagree - but please enjoy whatever exhaust system you like!
__________________
F82 - Current
F32 ZHP - Sold
Appreciate 0
      Today, 03:29 AM   #622
Railgun
Brigadier General
Railgun's Avatar
United Kingdom
918
Rep
3,029
Posts

Drives: FD, CBR600RR, F82
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: 60606 --> SE3 --> ME14

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2016 SMB M4  [0.00]
1993 Mazda RX-7  [0.00]
2007 Honda CBR600RR  [0.00]
I love how "R&D" is the answer to justify every overly expensive thing.
Appreciate 1
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:53 AM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST