BPM
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

Today, 12:29 AM   #617
jpy1980
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3 Mineral White

Quote:
Originally Posted by RugbyBro View Post
Aaaaaaand itís sold out. Darn.

How are these new options so much cheaper than the top gear one?
Appreciate 0
      Today, 12:47 AM   #618
RugbyBro
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpy1980 View Post
Aaaaaaand itís sold out. Darn.

How are these new options so much cheaper than the top gear one?
I don't believe these have even been released yet - their insta post says details will come in the next month. I assume they are gearing up the product page for release. Definitely a reasonable price for what it is and what comps go for, and sounds great.
      Today, 12:56 AM   #619
RugbyBro
Enlisted Member
Rep

My $0.02 on these systems and "price": I think people shouldn't be concerned with price because all these systems are in line with "M" pricing ~$2.5k - $3.5k. Honestly, I think a mid pipe would get anyone 90% there on sound and will cost ~$500 to have fabricated by a decent (and HONEST) muffler shop... So when we're fighting about "$3,XXX (and the rent) is too high damn high!" let's all be real with ourselves and concede that you could get this done for a whole lot less with a little elbow grease and ingenuity...

Anyway, I'm pretty stoked that this is becoming mainstream - I just hope all the inevitable exhaust manufacturers give the rightful credit to the community that has pushed this into the mainstream. It's been said already, but never will be enough - so thank you Ntg, Spool, RMD, and everyone else who has been contributing!
      Today, 12:59 AM   #620
aBMWfan
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M4/ '09 M3/ '04 M3/ '95 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RugbyBro View Post
My $0.02 on these systems and "price": I think people shouldn't be concerned with price because all these systems are in line with "M" pricing ~$2.5k - $3.5k. Honestly, I think a mid pipe would get anyone 90% there on sound and will cost ~$500 to have fabricated by a decent (and HONEST) muffler shop... So when we're fighting about "$3,XXX (and the rent) is too high damn high!" let's all be real with ourselves and concede that you could get this done for a whole lot less with a little elbow grease and ingenuity...

Anyway, I'm pretty stoked that this is becoming mainstream - I just hope all the inevitable exhaust manufacturers give the rightful credit to the community that has pushed this into the mainstream. It's been said already, but never will be enough - so thank you Ntg, Spool, RMD, and everyone else who has been contributing!
Buddy for you to say that the midpipe gives 90% of the sound you are ignoring the R and D that these guys did. They already tried that and obviously they would sell the midpipe if it did work. Thereís a reason for it
Appreciate 0
      Today, 02:29 AM   #621
RugbyBro
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aBMWfan View Post
Buddy for you to say that the midpipe gives 90% of the sound you are ignoring the R and D that these guys did. They already tried that and obviously they would sell the midpipe if it did work. Thereís a reason for it
Disagree - but please enjoy whatever exhaust system you like!
      Today, 03:29 AM   #622
Railgun
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: FD, CBR600RR, F82

Garage List
2016 SMB M4  [0.00]
1993 Mazda RX-7  [0.00]
2007 Honda CBR600RR  [0.00]
I love how "R&D" is the answer to justify every overly expensive thing.
Appreciate 1