ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - New England

05-13-2020, 04:05 PM   #1
GuyLedouche
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82/718 GT4

NH inspection/emissions

I will be moving back home to NH next summer. I've been lucky to be in states that don't require inspections so far. My question is about exhaust. I'm thinking about going stage 2 BM3 with DPs but before I go there I'd like to get your opinions on that.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2020, 07:25 PM   #2
HA55L3R
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 15' M4

I actually just passed my inspection with catless dp and a BM3 this week in nh. You need to set the tune to monitor catalytic converters and reflash the car. Then get a code reader to check the readiness monitors while you do a drive cycle. You want to get all of them in the ready state except the catalyst but once you do bring it straight to the inspection shop. Your allowed 1 not ready code in nh so as long as nothing else is wrong with the car you should be fine.
Appreciate 1
      06-01-2020, 01:23 PM   #3
Draven
C7Z - Darkside
Rep
Drives: '18 Z06 M7

Quote:
Originally Posted by HA55L3R View Post
I actually just passed my inspection with catless dp and a BM3 this week in nh. You need to set the tune to monitor catalytic converters and reflash the car. Then get a code reader to check the readiness monitors while you do a drive cycle. You want to get all of them in the ready state except the catalyst but once you do bring it straight to the inspection shop. Your allowed 1 not ready code in nh so as long as nothing else is wrong with the car you should be fine.
Interesting. I'll have to do that. I've been putting off installing DP/Midpipes on my car because I didn't want to deal with o2 extensions until next year. This might be a nice interim solution.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2020, 09:48 AM   #4
HA55L3R
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 15' M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draven View Post
Interesting. I'll have to do that. I've been putting off installing DP/Midpipes on my car because I didn't want to deal with o2 extensions until next year. This might be a nice interim solution.
Its easy to do, you just need a code reader. I use a KIWI 3 with the autodoctor app to check the monitors
Appreciate 0