ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

10-27-2018, 04:47 PM   #1
kubax86
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
No_Country
Rep

Drives: M2

M4 Battery failure

Hello,
I've bought 2015 M4, when it came to me it didn't have charged battery, so i pull it out and then charged battery with some proper RC Charger( Hyperion eos 720i) capable of charging liion,lifepo4 and others.
It was charging for 15 hours, and charged 59Ah/ to 13,8V.
Now its working normally, but DME is showing that battery is worn out, and in iDrive i got notification that i should replace battery.

Whats the solution? I heard something about 'unlocking' the battery.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2018, 10:09 AM   #2
Bubu88
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Charging the battery after removing it from the car is a no-go on F Series Cars. Your car has sensor that monitors everything going in and out of the battery. If you recharge a dead battery you should only do it via the designated charge points in the engine bay, because then the sensor will get that you charged it.

What you need to do now is relearn the IBS / Battery via ISTA so the system thinks you installed a brand new and fully charged battery
Appreciate 0