GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

11-09-2018, 01:46 PM   #67
Reggie_2005
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obioban View Post
It's pretty impossible to buy a 4250 lb two (functional) seater boat for enthusiast reasons.

No salt here-- non F8X owner.
certainly not impossible.

— Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials
Appreciate 1
      11-09-2018, 03:34 PM   #68
EricSMG
Captain
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie_2005 View Post
certainly not impossible.
Impossible if you want a car that is rewarding to drive (which is what defines an enthusiast in the context of M cars).

Not impossible if you want to hard park and make people think you have money.
Appreciate 1
MDuckie93.00
      11-09-2018, 03:58 PM   #69
Reggie_2005
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricSMG View Post
Impossible if you want a car that is rewarding to drive (which is what defines an enthusiast in the context of M cars).

Not impossible if you want to hard park and make people think you have money.
hmm. so an M6 isn't rewarding to drive?

odd. feels pretty rewarding to me.

is your ricer rewarding to drive?

Appreciate 0
      11-09-2018, 04:34 PM   #70
Obioban
Emperor
Rep
Drives: M3, M3, M5, M5

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [0.00]
2017 BMW i3  [0.00]
2005 BMW M3 Coupe  [0.00]
2001 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
hmm. so an M6 isn't rewarding to drive?

odd. feels pretty rewarding to me.

is your ricer rewarding to drive?
I don’t even like the F8x (hate turbos, hate eps), yet I feel compelled to defend it in this context— its nearly half a ton lighter than your car! Weight is one of, if not the, most important factors in how enjoyable a car is to drive enthusiastically.

The M6 is a luxobarge for old men that want to accelerate hard a couple times a year, but mostly be comfortable driving to/from the club.
Appreciate 2
MDuckie93.00
svr2132.00
      11-09-2018, 04:54 PM   #71
Reggie_2005
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obioban View Post
I don’t even like the F8x (hate turbos, hate eps), yet I feel compelled to defend it in this context— its nearly half a ton lighter than your car! Weight is one of, if not the, most important factors in how enjoyable a car is to drive enthusiastically.

The M6 is a luxobarge for old men that want to accelerate hard a couple times a year, but mostly be comfortable driving to/from the club.
odd, it feels very enjoyable to me. i'm also 31, so i dunno if thats senior citizen territory or not. maybe i can just identify as an old man?

seems like you're trying to make a blanket statement on what kind of car an "enthusiast" is supposed to like. seriously, weight?

i was gonna make a honest reply to this post...but then i realized that i came here just to have fun in a thread about chicks, and yall came out of nowhere with a bunch of "real drivers" BS lol. god, i dunno whats better. trolling m4 drivers or mustang drivers. might as well be the same community.

Appreciate 2
      11-09-2018, 08:34 PM   #72
EricSMG
Captain
Rep

Quote:
odd, it feels very enjoyable to me. i'm also 31, so i dunno if thats senior citizen territory or not. maybe i can just identify as an old man?

seems like you're trying to make a blanket statement on what kind of car an "enthusiast" is supposed to like. seriously, weight?

i was gonna make a honest reply to this post...but then i realized that i came here just to have fun in a thread about chicks, and yall came out of nowhere with a bunch of "real drivers" BS lol. god, i dunno whats better. trolling m4 drivers or mustang drivers. might as well be the same community.
No, we just have good taste in cars. You do not.

A 2013 M6 is one of the least desirable M cars ever designed. It is literally irrelevant in the world of cool cars. You only buy that car for (perceived) image and horsepower.

A Mustang is actually a cool car because it's not "trying" too hard. It's just a really good looking, cheap, fast, fairly competent, muscle car for the modern times.

Edit - I'm actually from Cleveland so you're alright with me. But trust me - any chick that wants to know more about you because you drive a 2013 M6 (or any car) is not a keeper. What you want is a woman who doesn't care that you drive an '83 S10. She's a keeper.
Appreciate 1
svr2132.00
      11-09-2018, 10:00 PM   #73
Reggie_2005
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:

A 2013 M6 is one of the least desirable M cars ever designed. It is literally irrelevant in the world of cool cars. You only buy that car for (perceived) image and horsepower.

A Mustang is actually a cool car because it's not "trying" too hard. It's just a really good looking, cheap, fast, fairly competent, muscle car for the modern times.

Edit - I'm actually from Cleveland so you're alright with me. But trust me - any chick that wants to know more about you because you drive a 2013 M6 (or any car) is not a keeper. What you want is a woman who doesn't care that you drive an '83 S10. She's a keeper.
thats the beauty of it, though: thats your opinion. what you consider 'cool' or 'desirable' is certainly relative. just like its my opinion that m4's are like honda civics, everybody has them.

also, i love how you framed your post as if you didn't buy your ride (partly) for the image. i think thats more pretentious than anything you're implying i do.

cause we all know if you didn't like the look of your E46, you wouldn't had bought it regardless of what specs are, or how 'desirable' it might be.

so far, the only people who don't buy cars for the image are prius and Aztek drivers, and that has mainly to do with either being a tree hunger or having bad credit. if you're on the bimmer boards, part of the reason you bought your ride is for the image.

cause if not, than most of these people here would've not paid for an m4 and got the Camaro SS, or even the ZL1.

but we can go down that rabbit hole all we want. at the end of the day, i simply took a shot that the m4 wasn't a chick magnet. thats a far cry from claiming that you don't "enjoy" your own car though lolololol.

but atleast im fully aware of the kind of person i am. i dont have to make up reasons like "desirable" to justify buying an M6. cause using your own logic, that makes me the real enthusiast, because despite it not being 'cool' and 'desriable', i still bought it anyway.

Appreciate 0
      11-09-2018, 11:09 PM   #74
EricSMG
Captain
Rep

Quote:
thats the beauty of it, though: thats your opinion. what you consider 'cool' or 'desirable' is certainly relative. just like its my opinion that m4's are like honda civics, everybody has them.

also, i love how you framed your post as if you didn't buy your ride (partly) for the image. i think thats more pretentious than anything you're implying i do.

cause we all know if you didn't like the look of your E46, you wouldn't had bought it regardless of what specs are, or how 'desirable' it might be.

so far, the only people who don't buy cars for the image are prius and Aztek drivers, and that has mainly to do with either being a tree hunger or having bad credit. if you're on the bimmer boards, part of the reason you bought your ride is for the image.

cause if not, than most of these people here would've not paid for an m4 and got the Camaro SS, or even the ZL1.

but we can go down that rabbit hole all we want. at the end of the day, i simply took a shot that the m4 wasn't a chick magnet. thats a far cry from claiming that you don't "enjoy" your own car though lolololol.

but atleast im fully aware of the kind of person i am. i dont have to make up reasons like "desirable" to justify buying an M6. cause using your own logic, that makes me the real enthusiast, because despite it not being 'cool' and 'desriable', i still bought it anyway.
Ok, ok..... That's enough.

But you think the current M3/4 is super common? Everyone has one? Sheesh, not in San Diego....very rare cars around these parts.,I'll literally go,days without seeing one.

I guess everyone is rich in Cleveland, haha.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2018, 12:19 AM   #75
Reggie_2005
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Ok, ok..... That's enough.

But you think the current M3/4 is super common? Everyone has one? Sheesh, not in San Diego....very rare cars around these parts.,I'll literally go,days without seeing one.

I guess everyone is rich in Cleveland, haha.
I see them from here on east a ton. and i'm not hating on the ride, as i actually like them. a few of my boys i deployed with also have M4's out in NY right now.

obviously they aren't as common as honda's. but rolling in the higher middle/upper class areas, they're out in the streets for sure. but thats an anecdotal so its whatever.

i just have a different mentality when it comes to rides. i was stationed in Germany for 5 years, and while not a long time, it was understood that literally nobody cared if somebody drove a bimmer, benz, or audi.

like, no one. the same benz's that people go crazy about here in the states are used as taxi cabs in Germany.

the cars over there that literally pulled chicks (spinning back to topic of thread) were the american muscle cars. my one dude absolutely killed the game when he pulled up in the SRT charger at a club in Wiesbaden. we did a homeboy trip from mannheim to prague, czech republic (4 1/2 hour drive) in his charger and my Ram 1500 big horn. stares, bro. nothing but stares. and then a crap ton of questions from dudes, chicks, kids, etc.

lol my bad. just had me rambling bro. your post had me thinking about back in the days.

Appreciate 1
      11-10-2018, 04:00 AM   #76
Obioban
Emperor
Rep
Drives: M3, M3, M5, M5

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [0.00]
2017 BMW i3  [0.00]
2005 BMW M3 Coupe  [0.00]
2001 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:

My daily driver is an e46 station wagon that is 100% mechanically and electronically converted to be an m3 (m3 engine, trans, diff, suspension, subframes, control arms, bushings, brakes, seats, steering wheel, cluster, exhaust— everything), but in a stock, soccer mom, body (no M3 bodywork done).

I feel confident I’m not driving it for the image

There are many functional reasons to not buy a Camaro— visibility, back seat space, trunk opening size, part support, NHV, etc.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2018, 12:22 AM   #77
mrmoua2u
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 MW F80 ZCP

Quote:
Quote:

Sounds like a "cock fight" to me!

You both sound like idiots.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2018, 02:01 AM   #78
Evren
Second Lieutenant
Turkey
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott13 View Post
It's not just you.

I swear I'm not making this up. I pulled into this parking lot when it was completely empty and parked as far from the front door as possible.

I left ONE space between me and the curb...
What a luck
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2018, 02:35 AM   #79
Evren
Second Lieutenant
Turkey
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 Coupe

i never park my m4 between of 2 cars. i dont park if i cant find sutiable space.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2018, 10:46 AM   #80
EricSMG
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmoua2u View Post
You both sound like idiots.
Indeed, we do.

But we all know which car is way more badass.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2018, 07:01 PM   #81
aajjcc
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82

I think German cars are chick magnets in general. I don't think most women know what an M3/M4 is other than it's a bmw.
Appreciate 1
paliknight2191.50
      11-17-2018, 08:47 AM   #82
BMW M Power Mexico
First Lieutenant
Mexico
Rep
Drives: E60M5,E821M,F15X5V8

M cars generally are much more guy magnets than chick magnets FWIW. When the wife takes out an M she sure gets (even more) looks from guys. (Hot woman who likes cars fantasy factor).

The GT4 - that gets the looks from the ladies. And from would be robbers and carjackers as well.
Appreciate 1
paliknight2191.50
      11-17-2018, 09:37 AM   #83
BimmerKay
Experienced Newbie
Costa Rica
Rep
Drives: M3x

I'm getting a laugh out of reading this thread so cheers to the OP for creating it. In my experience (and i'm a 21 year old male) women don't really care for my car, until I open the valves on my remus but then I just look like an asshole. To be fair though, a female friend of mine that knows a little bit about bmw knows what an M is compared to a regular bmw. Its all subjective.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2018, 09:38 AM   #84
EricSMG
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevu_m4 View Post
I'm getting a laugh out of reading this thread so cheers to the OP for creating it. In my experience (and i'm a 21 year old male) women don't really care for my car, until I open the valves on my remus but then I just look like an asshole. To be fair though, a female friend of mine that knows a little bit about bmw knows what an M is compared to a regular bmw. Its all subjective.
Maturity beyond your years. Good man.
Appreciate 2
BimmerKay196.50
paliknight2191.50
      11-17-2018, 09:43 AM   #85
BimmerKay
Experienced Newbie
Costa Rica
Rep
Drives: M3x

Quote:
Quote:
Maturity beyond your years. Good man.
Cheers mate, never fancied myself as a hooligan on the road like some people my age.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2018, 10:35 AM   #86
EricSMG
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Cheers mate, never fancied myself as a hooligan on the road like some people my age.
Oh, we're all hooligans at times.

The trick is knowing the time and place. Having awareness of when you look like an asshole, haha
Appreciate 2
BimmerKay196.50
Germanauto9702.50
      03-20-2019, 07:20 PM   #87
Fuller
Major
Rep
Drives: F36 435i

Quote:
Quote:

Maybe she doesn't have to be a keeper. What's wrong with having fun catching bluegills every now and then?
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2019, 08:46 PM   #88
aerostar
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80

I've only ever gotten guys coming up to me to talk. Lol
Appreciate 0