Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

05-06-2024, 12:22 PM   #1
TheHunterHofman
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M3 Competition (LCII)

Repairing some damage on my M3

Hi all,

I suffered damage to my M-Performance front splitter, my chargepipe/turbo inlet and my HUD was defective (according to my diagnosis with ISTA).

I made a video about the damage and repairs, hope this entertains some of you and let me know if you have any ideas or suggestions for future videos.

BMW M3 Competition: Repairing DAMAGE
https://youtu.be/eM6X7KYRT_g

Thank you!
Appreciate 1
NWH8319.50
      05-06-2024, 08:19 PM   #2
NWH83
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 ZCP

Another great one, Hunter. Still can't believe your car has 120,000+ miles on it! Looks like it's in great shape. With that said, how are the rear differential to subframe bushings holding up? Maybe a good idea for a video?
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2024, 06:50 AM   #3
TheHunterHofman
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M3 Competition (LCII)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWH83 View Post
Another great one, Hunter. Still can't believe your car has 120,000+ miles on it! Looks like it's in great shape. With that said, how are the rear differential to subframe bushings holding up? Maybe a good idea for a video?
Thanks man, appreciate it! Car still looks immaculate for the miles it has.

It's funny you mention the rear diff bushings, I took a look at the bushings the other day and I can see very tiny cracks forming in them. I have replaced these bad boys with Powerflex bushings on my M2 before, but it's such a huge job to do haha (and I have already made a video about it in the past, so nothing to gain there really). With all that said, that was one of the best upgrades I did to my M2, the dual-mount rear differential bracket (with polyurethane bushings); it really tightens up the rear-end.
Appreciate 0