Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

10-10-2022, 07:02 PM   #1
imapyrit
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2018 bmw m4

bootmod3 lex fuel on MHD

Hey so i searched this forum and youtube and do not think anyone is running this setup. So I am running Bootmod3 flexfuel kit on a custom tune and it works fine but I feel the car is faster on MHD so I flashed the DME from bootmod3 to stock then Flashed back to MHD 93 stage 2. I have all supporting mods.

My question is since i have the Bootmod3 flex fuel kit installed but the DME is on MHD could I put E85 and the flex fuel kit adjust timing, or do the DME have to have bootmod3 installed. I just prefer MHD over Bootmod3. just my preference. dyno number on bootmod3 93 were 502whp and 590tq but MHD still felt more responsive and consistent.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2022, 07:28 PM   #2
Dj_Quik
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80

i believe theyre proprietary designs but i mean you could be the first to try? let us know if it works or not.
      10-10-2022, 09:46 PM   #3
imapyrit
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2018 bmw m4

I understand that but if the flex fuel kit is installed shouldn’t the module from the flex kit still read ethanol content and make the proper adjustments?…I kno the MHD flex kit only reads content but dnt make adjustments but bootmod3 makes adjustments to a/f timing and other parameters…I dnt wanna drain the tank and put e85 kuz I kno that will work with a flash..I ran e85 without the kit but I had to drive around the gas station parking lot til the car died and pushed it to the pump…I’m currently a lil over half tank so if I added 2 gallons E85 and brought the ethanol content to E26 something odd or somewhere round there will the DME make the adjustments?….I’m scared to just try kuz the car has 23…k miles…I have all the parts from KIES including hybrid turbos to make 800whp to be installed but wanna get number from MHD bootmod3 OTS tunes and compare to a dyno tune before and after so I can get numbers to share with the community
Appreciate 0