Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

09-29-2013, 03:06 PM   #45
m3evobr
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 997 GT2, Touareg TDI, 328D

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyg View Post
I would love to own a GT3 someday but I'm not sure it would get enough km to justify $130k+.

Even used is a lot of $$$.

I dont think the Gallardo is anything that special either. An F car maybe but I know people who own them and they struggle with it as a DD or even weekend car. Its a loud car meant for driving alone.

I dont know about the new M3/M4....maybe something new will come along in the next couple years.
Well you can buy a 2007 for mid 70s (good car) in Today's market. I think it's a bargain for what it offers, of course if you want a 991 or 997.2 RS you will reach that range.
Had a 07 Gallardo for 31 days. Balloon white with full leather. That was all the time I could handle the car.
The Fiats are better cars now, but don't fool yourself thinking that you can drive one in anger at the track and drive back home over and over again because you will de disappointed, also the running costs are pretty high if ran at 10/10ths.
Only Fiat I would consider is a Scuderia, which hit rock bottom prices right now. A lot of car for the $$$, also extremely expensive to maintain and not rouble free, but with right mods, pretty fast and fun to drive.
Also have to take in consideration the owning costs just by putting miles on it, not only depreciate the car, but becomes hard to sell.
Attention factor is also annoying, at least to me... mostly wrong kind of attention.
997.2 GT3 RS (gone to a great home)
THE HANNIBAL VIDEOS
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2013, 03:06 PM   #46
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamspeed View Post
I always thought the M3 vs GT3 cross shopping was with new M3 vs USED GT3.
+1, I have never seen a "comparison" between a M3 and GT3 except a used and probably at least 1 or even 2 generations back for the GT3. No one in their right mind compares these cars from the same generation. Not on price, not on performance, not on car category, nothing really.
| XPEL Full Front Wrap | Hardwired V1 | Interior Xenon Light Kit |
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2013, 03:09 PM   #47
m3evobr
Private
United_States
Rep

It's on the sticky about new M4 specs... IMO, need to be mentally challenged to go over this kind of comparison, but ...
THE HANNIBAL VIDEOS
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2013, 03:11 PM   #48
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: A6 Allroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamspeed View Post
I always thought the M3 vs GT3 cross shopping was with new M3 vs USED GT3.
+1, I have never seen a "comparison" between a M3 and GT3 except a used and probably at least 1 or even 2 generations back for the GT3. No one in their right mind compares these cars from the same generation. Not on price, not on performance, not on car category, nothing really.
I think that's what most people mean.

Used GT3 vs new M3/M4.

They used to both be purist cars, now they are def not.

Where will all the disenfranchised M3 owners go?

We will see....
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2013, 03:22 PM   #49
m3evobr
Private
United_States
Rep

Well, but M3 hasn't been a purist car for a decent amount of years now, actually now even though they went turbo, the specs are looking much better than before, and kept 6 and DCT, there are a decent amount of GT3 drivers that are looking these new car very closely, just like I am, specially now after seeing the new C7.
GT3s in other hand went PDK ONLY with torque vectoring, rear wheel steering, Electric steering and HEAVIER. I don't want to say anything before I drive it on the track, but for me these kind of cars are not only about the speed, but the whole driving experience
I passed on the allocation because of all those reasons and a few more.
THE HANNIBAL VIDEOS
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2013, 05:34 PM   #50
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: A6 Allroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3evobr View Post
Well, but M3 hasn't been a purist car for a decent amount of years now, actually now even though they went turbo, the specs are looking much better than before, and kept 6 and DCT, there are a decent amount of GT3 drivers that are looking these new car very closely, just like I am, specially now after seeing the new C7.
GT3s in other hand went PDK ONLY with torque vectoring, rear wheel steering, Electric steering and HEAVIER. I don't want to say anything before I drive it on the track, but for me these kind of cars are not only about the speed, but the whole driving experience
I passed on the allocation because of all those reasons and a few more.
I will say that I hope the GT3 is as good as the past version just like I hope the M4 measures up to the the past E9x version.

I will say I trust Porsche more than I trust BMW. I dont know wtf BMW is doing these days besides trying to make as much money as possible.

Then again I think the Panamera is an abomination. The Cayenne is a close second. But I also think the M6GC is ugly too.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2013, 07:16 PM   #51
RMB
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi TTRS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
+1
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2013, 07:24 PM   #52
RMB
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi TTRS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyg View Post
I will say that I hope the GT3 is as good as the past version just like I hope the M4 measures up to the the past E9x version.

I will say I trust Porsche more than I trust BMW. I dont know wtf BMW is doing these days besides trying to make as much money as possible.

Then again I think the Panamera is an abomination. The Cayenne is a close second. But I also think the M6GC is ugly too.
I agree that a Cayenne is not a true Porsche. I view it more as the Porsche of SUV's. If I want at least one SUV in the house, I like the Cayenne more than other SUV's, and it is a blast compared to others. My sports coupe (though not a 2 seater sports car was my E92 M3 and I love its combination of sportiness, luxury and practicality. I sold the E92 and I am first on the list for the new M4 at my dealership and I can't wait to get it. Each vehicle is a compromise. My GTI is my beat up car (not to imply that it is a beater, because it is a great car and I do take car of it, but I don't worry about it as much). But my point is that things like the Cayenne and Panamera serve a purpose and are still very nice to drive, and they do fund things like improvements on the 911 (which IMHO is a true Porsche and so is the Boxster and Cayman).
Appreciate 0