Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

07-14-2020, 10:24 PM   #1
Pajarito61906
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4

Does anyone hate when motorcycles try to race you?

So today i was driving and a motorcycle pulled up next me and kept trying to race me, in my head i was like "are you stupid or something" (due date quote) because its common sense i will never beat a motorcycle unless im pushing at least 800 hp. This hasnt happened just once and it really annoys me because they keep trying to bait you as if it will be a good race. Does this happen to anyone else or am i the lucky one since it bothers me?
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2020, 10:36 PM   #2
paliknight
fuck this field
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 F80 CS/18 F80 ZCP/19 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajarito61906 View Post
So today i was driving and a motorcycle pulled up next me and kept trying to race me, in my head i was like "are you stupid or something" (due date quote) because its common sense i will never beat a motorcycle unless im pushing at least 800 hp. This hasnt happened just once and it really annoys me because they keep trying to bait you as if it will be a good race. Does this happen to anyone else or am i the lucky one since it bothers me?
I've had this happen before, but it was less of a challenge and more of a, unleash its potential because I'm curious. A lot of these performance motorcycle riders are enthusiasts like us.

One rider just wanted to hear my M3 and see how fast it moves. Once I showed him he gave me a thumbs up.
      07-14-2020, 10:43 PM   #3
dcpatters
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M4

I use to love it when I had my Hellcat. E85 and making 850 at the wheels. A lot of thumbs up from unsuspecting bikes. But please, don't turn this into "well not with my bike" or other bollocks.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2020, 12:05 AM   #4
euro*
Canada
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

I hate it, because i always loose but to be fair i've only had the 1000cc+ try to race me.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2020, 01:30 AM   #5
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

Quote:
I think it’s just you? I have never had a bike try and bait me when I’m in a car.

Does your car have a lot of cosmetic add ons or do you drive aggressively?
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2020, 12:04 PM   #6
ntg44
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8 4.2 Spyder

A while back, I was on my way home in my R8 vert and driving along a poorly lit country road with 2 lanes each way. It was a safe area, and I was driving the speed limit in the right lane alone in my car. I get approached by 3 guys on sport bikes, which didn't bother me until they decided to box me in completely. One in front, one to the left, and one behind me. Given the time of day, I was not too comfortable with it, considering they could easily outrun me, and the next intersection wasn't for miles.

Luckily, after 2-3 miles of this, they finally got in front of me and took off. To this day, I still remember how uncomfortable it was.

Other than that, I've had numerous encounters on highways with other bikers, always the sport bikes, and I don't know what I'm doing, but it seems to really bother them that I'm cruising around 70 MPH in the middle lane. Other than the car, I try my best to be courteous and not draw attention to myself, but they usually try to egg me on for a race, which is pointless. So I usually end up checking if nobody is behind me, then slamming on my brakes so that they get the hint, and they follow up with flipping me the bird and taking off.

I guess the attention comes with the car, but I honestly don't know what else I can do to not piss off these bikers. I never get trouble from Harley riders.
      07-15-2020, 01:13 PM   #7
Tecnniqe
Sad ///M noises
No_Country
Rep
Drives: ///M4 COMPETITION

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntg44 View Post
A while back, I was on my way home in my R8 vert and driving along a poorly lit country road with 2 lanes each way. It was a safe area, and I was driving the speed limit in the right lane alone in my car. I get approached by 3 guys on sport bikes, which didn't bother me until they decided to box me in completely. One in front, one to the left, and one behind me. Given the time of day, I was not too comfortable with it, considering they could easily outrun me, and the next intersection wasn't for miles.

Luckily, after 2-3 miles of this, they finally got in front of me and took off. To this day, I still remember how uncomfortable it was.

Other than that, I've had numerous encounters on highways with other bikers, always the sport bikes, and I don't know what I'm doing, but it seems to really bother them that I'm cruising around 70 MPH in the middle lane. Other than the car, I try my best to be courteous and not draw attention to myself, but they usually try to egg me on for a race, which is pointless. So I usually end up checking if nobody is behind me, then slamming on my brakes so that they get the hint, and they follow up with flipping me the bird and taking off.

I guess the attention comes with the car, but I honestly don't know what else I can do to not piss off these bikers. I never get trouble from Harley riders.
Not sure, I've had a few aggro bikers for no reason as well, literally turning around to follow and bait and flip the finger when I'm just cruising just above the limit with the cruise control on and not giving them any attention.

Either they just really want to show you how their gas tank with wheels can outrun a car or maybe they're jealous, or a mix of both?

Most bikers either don't do anything, give a thumbs up after a lil pull in a tunnel or something or just match the speed to follow.

Some people I guess
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2020, 07:02 PM   #8
AlterZgo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 23 X3 M40i, 21 911S, 24 Taycan

I never worry about aggressive bikers. They are just 1 wrong move away from becoming a statistic. I juts mind my own business and completely ignore them. I don’t brake check them or move out of the way. I just drive normally. In some ways I pity them because I know a percentage of these aggressive riders will be dead within a year.
Appreciate 3
euro*1654.00
The_Werm212.00
HotRodM4672.00
      07-15-2020, 08:11 PM   #9
Suds
/M Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: Responsiblish

I just act like I want to race, take off, then slow down hoping the rider will get chased by some blue lights. Or give them the finger!
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2020, 12:07 AM   #10
euro*
Canada
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlterZgo View Post
I never worry about aggressive bikers. They are just 1 wrong move away from becoming a statistic. I juts mind my own business and completely ignore them. I don't brake check them or move out of the way. I just drive normally. In some ways I pity them because I know a percentage of these aggressive riders will be dead within a year.
That's the attitude I should embrace more tbh...
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2020, 03:02 AM   #11
Tecnniqe
Sad ///M noises
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlterZgo View Post
I never worry about aggressive bikers. They are just 1 wrong move away from becoming a statistic. I juts mind my own business and completely ignore them. I don’t brake check them or move out of the way. I just drive normally. In some ways I pity them because I know a percentage of these aggressive riders will be dead within a year.
That’s true. Motorcycle deaths have been on a slow but steady increase, and I completely understand why considering how some go about it with close to no protection...
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2020, 11:18 AM   #12
BoxKing
I Rock Your Girls Box
Rep
Drives: M4 F82 ZCP AW

All you have to do is get on some back-roads with a bike behind you and take a few WOT pulls... the biker will quickly backoff, due to the high amount of road debris you'll kick into his/her face.

Honestly, if you're tuned... very few bikes will be able to keep up, not to mention very view bikers know how to manage their bikes well enough to handle WOT.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2020, 01:13 PM   #13
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxKing View Post
All you have to do is get on some back-roads with a bike behind you and take a few WOT pulls... the biker will quickly backoff, due to the high amount of road debris you'll kick into his/her face.

Honestly, if you're tuned... very few bikes will be able to keep up, not to mention very view bikers know how to manage their bikes well enough to handle WOT.
A 14 year old 600cc race replica bike can be a low 130mph trap speed, bone stock, so if you’re going from a roll, what does it take for an f8x to hang? E85 tune, or upgraded turbo if you’re in pump gas
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2020, 01:27 PM   #14
Saintjah
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

Welll most bikers, especially here in california, are morons who dont follow a single traffic rule then think they are some kind of victim when their wreckless behaviors cause a problem. Lane splitting causes a huge shit fest as bikers wrecklessly speed between lanes and then act all asshurt when a car legally changes lanes. Bikers forget that they also need to obey traffic laws and mind their own safety. I used to ride and did so like I was invisible to cars and never once had a problem. I just ignore the morons because they often get asshurt when their little scooter gets walked.
Appreciate 1
65fastback1132.50
      07-16-2020, 01:57 PM   #15
khoa@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: F83

I'd just ignore them and enjoy my music with A/C blasting.
Appreciate 1
HotRodM4672.00
      07-16-2020, 03:26 PM   #16
Humdizzle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: GT3 + M2c

give them a thumbs up and go on with your day

if they are still egging you on then tell them how much you paid for the M3 and ask them how much their bike costs. then say something like "man that's all? maybe I should pick one up instead of buying these HREs I was looking at! nice bike though bro, see ya!"

2018 Porsche GT3 6MT
2021 M2C DCT
Previous: Ferrari 458 | R35 GTR | F80 M3 | E46 M3 | E36 M3 | Scion FRS
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2020, 03:32 PM   #17
Pajarito61906
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknaz View Post
Quote:
I think it’s just you? I have never had a bike try and bait me when I’m in a car.

Does your car have a lot of cosmetic add ons or do you drive aggressively?
Naw i dont really have cosmetics tht stand out besides oem cf spoiler and diffuser also i dont drive aggressively but i guess here in southern cali its more common to see bikes around due to nice weather
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2020, 03:33 PM   #18
Pajarito61906
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa@x-ph.com View Post
I'd just ignore them and enjoy my music with A/C blasting.
Haha thats what im going to start doing and probably going to add darker tint so that i wont make that awkward eye contact with them
Appreciate 1
      07-16-2020, 10:36 PM   #19
sna66
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F83

I only hate it because I lose every time, but I gapped the shit out of a few scooters tho 😂
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2020, 09:57 AM   #20
ntg44
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8 4.2 Spyder

Quote:
Haha thats what im going to start doing and probably going to add darker tint so that i wont make that awkward eye contact with them
You mean like this?
Attached Images

Suds1595.50
      07-17-2020, 10:02 AM   #21
Tecnniqe
Sad ///M noises
No_Country
Rep

Lmao
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2020, 11:12 AM   #22
Pajarito61906
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntg44 View Post
Quote:
You mean like this?
Lmao exactly like that
Appreciate 0