Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

02-19-2022, 11:53 PM   #1
Ca_m4mike
Private
Rep
Drives: 15 bmw m4 current

Vrsf single mid pipe

I got around to installing a vrsf single mid pipe today. The midpipe came with everything needed to install, gaskets clamps and even a new brace, fitment was good9/10 . I still retained stock down pipes but this really woke the car up. Can’t wait to get some more miles on it. Loving the sound
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2022, 02:47 AM   #2
horsepower_and_hounds
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Single mid's are bout the best thing for this car. I have the AA single right now but preferred the VRSF I used to have since it was capable of being tucked further up in the tunnel. Enjoy
Appreciate 1
      02-20-2022, 12:41 PM   #3
Ca_m4mike
Private
Rep

Thanks brotha definitely enjoying it
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2022, 05:50 PM   #4
Bettertomorrow
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 F83 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ca_m4mike View Post
I got around to installing a vrsf single mid pipe today. The midpipe came with everything needed to install, gaskets clamps and even a new brace, fitment was good9/10 . I still retained stock down pipes but this really woke the car up. Can’t wait to get some more miles on it. Loving the sound
Thanks for post! May I ask where you bought single mid pipe from? I know extended brace comes with pipe in later batches. But gaskets are separate purchase from VRSF and other online stores.

Many years ago, I had a bunch of work done by AA but am thinking to try VRSF product for mid pipe for a change (not for cost diff).
15 BMW F83 M4, MHD Stage 2, CBC, xHP Stage 2, ADD W1 Catchcan, AA Single Mid, Eibach Pro, 12.5mm spacers, BMC drop-in with charcoal removed, other misc/cosmetics (Alpha 1 speakers, all exterior LED light bulbs, ambient light upgrade-center console/doors, Hardwired Garmin Dashcam)
15 BMW X3 x35i
Appreciate 1
      02-20-2022, 11:38 PM   #5
Ca_m4mike
Private
Rep

I purchased from top gear solutions on sale last weekend came with everything mentioned that made installation a breeze. The only part that sucked was doing everything on the floor but it sounds great
Appreciate 1
      02-21-2022, 03:43 AM   #6
horsepower_and_hounds
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

From June 2020...I have since switched to the MPE and AA mid

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1726918
Appreciate 1
      02-21-2022, 10:38 PM   #7
Info@mad-us.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: bmw

A mid pipe is one of the best bang for your buck sound mods out there.
Appreciate 1
      02-22-2022, 07:14 AM   #8
Bettertomorrow
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ca_m4mike View Post
I purchased from top gear solutions on sale last weekend came with everything mentioned that made installation a breeze. The only part that sucked was doing everything on the floor but it sounds great
Thanks for info!
I thought about trying a different name brand product such as VRSF but I ended up ordering AA Single Midpipe from extreme powerhouse. Hope the installation will go okay, first time doing DIY exhaust. Spring installation was the first time doing anything suspension and it was not as easy as I imagined!
15 BMW F83 M4, MHD Stage 2, CBC, xHP Stage 2, ADD W1 Catchcan, AA Single Mid, Eibach Pro, 12.5mm spacers, BMC drop-in with charcoal removed, other misc/cosmetics (Alpha 1 speakers, all exterior LED light bulbs, ambient light upgrade-center console/doors, Hardwired Garmin Dashcam)
15 BMW X3 x35i
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2022, 09:56 AM   #9
Ca_m4mike
Private
Rep

should go pretty easy just lift the car high enough if you are doing it on the ground, and the exhaust pipe cutter makes it a breeze if you still have the stock exhaust on. Just mock everything up before final tightening of the clamps
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2022, 10:53 AM   #10
BoxKing
I Rock Your Girls Box
Rep
Drives: M4 F82 ZCP AW

No shot this will be a breeze for most, especially if you're doing this under a car that is only on Jack Stands. The hardest points for bolt removal will come from the DP to Mid Pipe connection - you need enough space to get leverage both in taking the bolts off, and more importantly enough to torque them properly to squeeze the gasket seals.

It took me 5 hours doing it this way, and I didnt need to cut due to the new REMUS Axle Back. I had a local shop that was going to install for 100$, which is a great deal but I was too impatient to wait a few more days, due to the fact that I waited 3 months for the REMUS to arrive! I ended up going to that shop the next week to ensure all my bolts were torqued down properly after I put some miles on the new setup.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2022, 03:14 PM   #11
Bettertomorrow
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxKing View Post
No shot this will be a breeze for most, especially if you're doing this under a car that is only on Jack Stands. The hardest points for bolt removal will come from the DP to Mid Pipe connection - you need enough space to get leverage both in taking the bolts off, and more importantly enough to torque them properly to squeeze the gasket seals.

It took me 5 hours doing it this way, and I didnt need to cut due to the new REMUS Axle Back. I had a local shop that was going to install for 100$, which is a great deal but I was too impatient to wait a few more days, due to the fact that I waited 3 months for the REMUS to arrive! I ended up going to that shop the next week to ensure all my bolts were torqued down properly after I put some miles on the new setup.
Thanks for input! It reminds me, would I need replacement gasket for AA? VRSF has an option to buy gaskets and am not sure if AA comes with it (had no option to buy it).

If there is a reputable shop around me that will do it for $100, I think I would take that. I just know they will try to charge arm and leg just like they did with spring installation.
15 BMW X3 x35i
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2022, 08:55 AM   #12
BoxKing
I Rock Your Girls Box
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettertomorrow View Post
Thanks for input! It reminds me, would I need replacement gasket for AA? VRSF has an option to buy gaskets and am not sure if AA comes with it (had no option to buy it).

If there is a reputable shop around me that will do it for $100, I think I would take that. I just know they will try to charge arm and leg just like they did with spring installation.
I bought these from FCP Euro: https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...ng-18307851168

BMW Exhaust Gasket - Elring 18307851168
Qty: 2
Price: $25.18

This is all you will need, and AA does not provide them.

Its all about the cost per hour labor wise for installation. I'd estimate no longer than 2 hours... this will provide you enough time to tinker with fitment and aesthetics
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2022, 10:38 AM   #13
TopJimmy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Quote:

I bought these from FCP Euro: https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...ng-18307851168

Its all about the cost per hour labor wise for installation. I'd estimate no longer than 2 hours... this will provide you enough time to tinker with fitment and aesthetics
FCP Euro is the sure shot here.
I buy my Elring turbo gasket rings and down pipe donuts there, and send them back for free refills when I swap pipes. Remember 4 new OEM copper flange nuts too…
      02-23-2022, 11:07 AM   #14
Bettertomorrow
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopJimmy View Post
Quote:
Quote:

FCP Euro is the sure shot here.
I buy my Elring turbo gasket rings and down pipe donuts there, and send them back for free refills when I swap pipes. Remember 4 new OEM copper flange nuts too…
Hi, not trying to be lazy but do you happen to have link to those nuts from fcp?
15 BMW X3 x35i
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2022, 11:43 AM   #15
BoxKing
I Rock Your Girls Box
Rep

Quote:
Hi, not trying to be lazy but do you happen to have link to those nuts from fcp?
You're being lazy, bc I applied the link in my previous reply
My bad.... you were referring to the nuts.
This is actually a good idea given the age of your car, but not 100% necessary
Appreciate 1
PayamFSU209.00
      02-23-2022, 12:21 PM   #16
Bettertomorrow
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
You're being lazy, bc I applied the link in my previous reply
My bad.... you were referring to the nuts.
This is actually a good idea given the age of your car, but not 100% necessary
Haha! Well looked up good old realoem and the link to those nuts at fcp is

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...597650#fitment
15 BMW X3 x35i
Appreciate 0