EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

02-01-2018, 04:22 PM   #1
benny Blanco
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw m6

Upcoming Cadillac CT5 will dominate the 3 Series and C Class

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/...-ct5-spy-shots

Looks like the Cadillac is in the game now. This is a CT5 (a D-class car), which will fight against the 3-series, A4, C-class.

Caddy's new president knows what to do. Lots of fake parts here, but to me it already looks much more intresting than the Bimmer. I’m sure it will be the best car in class, inside and out.

Bye-bye 3 series. Ciao C-class.

Last edited by mkoesel; 02-02-2018 at 06:06 AM.. Reason: Added link to MotorAuthority article
Appreciate 1
tetsuo1111227.00
      02-01-2018, 05:15 PM   #2
DML
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 Heritage

Quote:
Originally Posted by benny Blanco View Post
http://i12.pixs.ru/storage/9/4/0/201...3_29218940.jpg

Looks like the Cadillac is in the game now. This is a CT5(a D-class car), which will fight against the 3-series, A4,C-class.
Caddy's new president knows what to do. Lots of fake parts here, but to me it already looks much more intresting than the Bimmer.
Im sure it will be the best car in class, inside and out.

You're probably right but the stigma of driving a "Caddy" Porsche please
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2018, 05:38 PM   #3
hwelvaar
Major
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW M135i MT

Quote:

Looks like the Cadillac is in the game now. This is a CT5(a D-class car), which will fight against the 3-series, A4,C-class.
Caddy's new president knows what to do. Lots of fake parts here, but to me it already looks much more intresting than the Bimmer.

"Hey, what do you drive?"

"M3"

"Really ? Wauw!"

"And you?"

"CT5"

"Uhm, ok..."

=> case closed
Appreciate 4
DML967.50
perryo91372.50
      02-01-2018, 05:59 PM   #4
Madvillain
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: lada

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwelvaar View Post
Quote:

"M3"

"Really ? Wauw!"

"And you?"

"CT5"

"Uhm, ok..."

=> case closed
agreed. car that consistanly proves to be best in its class with every model year orrrrr a GM product copying that formula and throwing in their own tech and build quality.... there is no comp here. look at the ctsv vs the comp so much extra power and torque and what of it? it doesnt any better quarter mile times than any of the german compeditors and is slower from a roll than the m5 and e63. it has apprently proven to be engaging to drive and can get good lap times for its size. but garbage laggy tech, cheap materials and what of it in 5 6 years? its gm product afterall.... that new caddy is destined for the same fate.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2018, 06:21 PM   #5
tetsuo111
Save the Manuals!
United_States
Rep
Drives: E91 RWD 6MT, X3, Ducati S4R

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DML View Post
Quote:

"M3"

"Really ? Wauw!"

"And you?"

"CT5"

"Uhm, ok..."

=> case closed

Interesting.

I drove a Cadillac recently. Closing the car door reminds me of a 70s - 80s vintage Mercedes. The platform is bank-vault solid.

The driving dynamics of the Cadillac are noticeably superior to German anything, aside from Porsche.

My last F-series loaner car reminded me of my father's old Buick in size and driving dynamics.

Funny, I was a fan of BMW when the Roundel wasn't a status symbol. In fact, I had to explain to others why I chose the quirky, unknown German car. The sad irony is I would be embarrassed driving a current Bimmer, not the Cadillac. If we include high-performance on track, it isn't close.

Case closed.
Outside: BMW M-Aero, Euro region lighting, Seibon | Inside: M3 cockpit, Recaro SPG, Prototipo, AutoSolutions SSK, UCP | Stop: M3 ST-40R, PFC | Grip: Solid-mounted subframes, rear coilover conversion, M3 Nitron R3, Hyperco, SPL, AKG, ARC8 | Go: StageFP, CF snorkel, 3IM, MILVs, SuperSprint headers, Dundon Motorsports Inconel exhaust, VoltPhreaks | Cool: CSF | PCA #2018100384 | BMW CCA #505794
Appreciate 5
Viffermike1753.00
swanson733.00
Efthreeoh17166.00
      02-01-2018, 06:29 PM   #6
goj
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 EBII 340i 6-MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsuo111 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

"M3"

"Really ? Wauw!"

"And you?"

"CT5"

"Uhm, ok..."

=> case closed

Interesting.

I drove a Cadillac recently. Closing the car door reminds me of a 70s - 80s vintage Mercedes. The platform is bank-vault solid.

The driving dynamics of the Cadillac are noticeably superior to German anything, aside from Porsche.

My last F-series loaner car reminded me of my father's old Buick in size and driving dynamics.

Funny, I was a fan of BMW when the Roundel wasn't a status symbol. In fact, I had to explain to others why I chose the quirky, unknown German car. The sad irony is I would be embarrassed driving a current Bimmer, not the Cadillac. If we include high-performance on track, it isn't close.

Case closed.
I drove an e92 335i before my 340i and I don't feel embarrassed. In fact it's better in every aspect but steering imo.

But then again maybe I would have the same opinion if the only f30 I drove was a base suspension 320i or 330i
BMW CCA Member #516012
2016 340i, Estoril Blue, Manual Transmission, MPE, MPBBK, HRE FF04
Instagram: @brandons340i
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2018, 06:32 PM   #7
tetsuo111
Save the Manuals!
United_States
Rep
Drives: E91 RWD 6MT, X3, Ducati S4R

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by goj View Post
I drove an e92 335i before my 340i and I don't feel embarrassed. In fact it's better in every aspect but steering imo.

But then again maybe I would have the same opinion if the only f30 I drove was a base suspension 320i or 330i
Steering feel and feedback are a priority for me.

I can understand that they may not be for everyone.
Outside: BMW M-Aero, Euro region lighting, Seibon | Inside: M3 cockpit, Recaro SPG, Prototipo, AutoSolutions SSK, UCP | Stop: M3 ST-40R, PFC | Grip: Solid-mounted subframes, rear coilover conversion, M3 Nitron R3, Hyperco, SPL, AKG, ARC8 | Go: StageFP, CF snorkel, 3IM, MILVs, SuperSprint headers, Dundon Motorsports Inconel exhaust, VoltPhreaks | Cool: CSF | PCA #2018100384 | BMW CCA #505794

Last edited by tetsuo111; 02-01-2018 at 06:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2018, 06:36 PM   #8
goj
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 EBII 340i 6-MT

Quote:
Quote:

Steering feel and feedback is a priority for me.

I can understand that it may not be for everyone.
That's fine I enjoy the analog feel of the e9x - it took some getting used to and I wish the F30 had more.

But it is in every other way superior to my old car
BMW CCA Member #516012
2016 340i, Estoril Blue, Manual Transmission, MPE, MPBBK, HRE FF04
Instagram: @brandons340i
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2018, 07:02 PM   #9
DML
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 Heritage

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

"M3"

"Really ? Wauw!"

"And you?"

"CT5"

"Uhm, ok..."

=> case closed

Interesting.

Case closed.
Are you from the Jersey Shore?? Really would like to ask a current Cadillac driver his/hers opinions, trouble is I don't know any, truth Case closed.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2018, 07:29 PM   #10
benny Blanco
Private
Rep

Quote:

"M3"

"Really ? Wauw!"

"And you?"

"CT5"

"Uhm, ok..."

=> case closed
It is not closed. And this is not a CTS. Cadillac has been away for a long time, but they are coming back.

Btw, there are no production Cadillacs that have been created under their new president yet. The XT4 is the first, then this.
Its gonna be a different story now...

The conservative BMW with the dated interior will be outclassed easy. Now the is Case closed.

Last edited by benny Blanco; 02-01-2018 at 07:37 PM..
Appreciate 1
swanson733.00
      02-01-2018, 07:34 PM   #11
benny Blanco
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madvillain View Post
agreed. car that consistanly proves to be best in its class with every model year orrrrr a GM product copying that formula and throwing in their own tech and build quality.... there is no comp here. look at the ctsv vs the comp so much extra power and torque and what of it? it doesnt any better quarter mile times than any of the german compeditors and is slower from a roll than the m5 and e63. it has apprently proven to be engaging to drive and can get good lap times for its size. but garbage laggy tech, cheap materials and what of it in 5 6 years? its gm product afterall.... that new caddy is destined for the same fate.
Fake news.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2018, 08:15 PM   #12
Sleeper
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '23 BSM X5///MC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

"M3"

"Really ? Wauw!"

"And you?"

"CT5"

"Uhm, ok..."

=> case closed

Interesting.

Case closed.
Feel better?
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2018, 08:39 PM   #13
MacklinUSOB
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: f30 328i 6MT Sport

Quote:
It is not closed. And this is not a CTS. Cadillac has been away for a long time, but they are coming back.

Btw, there are no production Cadillacs that have been created under their new president yet. The XT4 is the first, then this.

The conservative BMW with the dated interior will be outclassed easy. Now the is Case closed.
"Coming back"

High-performance Caddilac is a very recent creation unless your concept of BMW's harbinger is the rebirth of the DeVille. If interiors were what has drawn you to BMW, you have spent your money poorly.

Also, re-read the comment you replied to, it clearly reads "CT5". Not even you can see the difference!

Let's wait until these vehicles are available to "interrogate" before opening or closing any cases, shall we?
328i RWD | MW on CRed Slick Top | 6MT | BM3 | MPE | GPlus FMIC | CSF Radiator | Millway Street Camber Plates & Monoballs | KW V2 6k/18k Swift Springs | F80 LCA/TS | SPL Bump Steer Kit | APEX SM-10 | R-S4 | DS2500 | RBF600 | SS Lines |
Past: E36 328is & E38 740i
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2018, 11:11 PM   #14
Madvillain
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: lada

Quote:
Quote:
Fake news.
everything i said was true if youre the type to like new designs go ahead and buy the ctshit5 itll be worse in every way. ill agree the s55 did sound pre dam bad and there is pre much no way of fixing it but s58 hasnt even debuted yet on the x3m and youre claiming the cadi will be better lol chill out. not saying this new m3 is any special or that id ever even consider getting it but dont throw that pos gm product in the mix.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2018, 05:32 AM   #15
spuntyb
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 Competition

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Fake news.
everything i said was true if youre the type to like new designs go ahead and buy the ctshit5 itll be worse in every way. ill agree the s55 did sound pre dam bad and there is pre much no way of fixing it but s58 hasnt even debuted yet on the x3m and youre claiming the cadi will be better lol chill out. not saying this new m3 is any special or that id ever even consider getting it but dont throw that pos gm product in the mix.
BuT lEGenDarY GM BUIld QUAliTy!!!

2019 F90 Comp MBB|Black (sold)
2018 F80 ZCP TB|SS (sold)
2015 F30 335 AW|CR (sold)
2015 F31 MG|CR (sold)
2011 E90 JB|Oyster (sold)
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2018, 05:46 AM   #16
aaaaah
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Nuggets

Pretty much every reviewer has the ATS-V being the better drivers car than the M3.

Now about the Caddy's interior and CUE......
Appreciate 2
      02-02-2018, 06:03 AM   #17
perryo91
Captain
Uganda
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Interesting.

Case closed.
You're judging a whole chassis over a base loaner?

It's got no "sporty" suspension or heavy steering that you're used to in your e9x chassis... cmon man. Even the 335 m sport feels magnitudes better than the loaners I've been in. Don't even get me started on the M.

It's a status symbol and you'd be "embarrassed" because that's your personality. That's not reflective of the car. So I don't know how you're shitting on the bimmer when your only comment with merit is a closing door.

Also, steering and feel are the most important to you? Then get a 90s miata/e30/e36... but wait let me guess, it wont have enough power or options as a modern caddy

Case closed.

Last edited by perryo91; 02-02-2018 at 06:06 AM.. Reason: Forgot to add my ending statement.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2018, 06:07 AM   #18
perryo91
Captain
Uganda
Rep

Quote:
That's fine I enjoy the analog feel of the e9x - it took some getting used to and I wish the F30 had more.

But it is in every other way superior to my old car
I agree man, I had a 320 for a 3 year lease and then financed a 335 with m sport once it was crazy...

This car feels tighter in every way and the brakes are delicious (370mm).

Close enough to an m3 for me... I dont mind at all waiting 4-5 years to jump into an M
      02-02-2018, 06:10 AM   #19
insanecoder
Banned
Rep
Drives: 340isDrive

Itll be a tall order .. my bets are they wont pull it off
companies been saying this for years model after model
and because the 3 is a moving target
G20 is coming
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2018, 06:13 AM   #20
perryo91
Captain
Uganda
Rep

Quote:

Dude, I'm sorry, but I rather have the "dated interior" over the Cadillacs dashboard with angles and high gloss plastic.

I'm not sure if you've seen pictures of the CTS, but I just looked them up and it looks like a japanese car's interior.

No thanks.

Case closed.
      02-02-2018, 08:57 AM   #21
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaaah View Post
Pretty much every reviewer has the ATS-V being the better drivers car than the M3.

Now about the Caddy's interior and CUE......
Yep, there's your problem. The ATS is already a dynamically better car than the F30/F80, but the interior and interface are awful. Add in awful resale and it's a hard sell.

Seriously, $70k car or a $22/day Avis rental?
[IMG]https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-5...31-876x535.jpg[/IMG]
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2018, 09:05 AM   #22
aozer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:

"M3"

"Really ? Wauw!"

"And you?"

"CT5"

"Uhm, ok..."

=> case closed
Some people aren’t so insecure that they need to buy a car to impress other people... but hey, you do you.
Appreciate 7
Delta03117477.50
SakhirM410783.00
b4hand661.00
swanson733.00
tetsuo1111227.00
Efthreeoh17166.00