Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

05-13-2021, 03:07 PM   #1
N1rve
Racecar Driver
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Garage List
2019 BMW M4  [9.63]
Came back to car and hazard lights were on

So I parked my car to go pick up lunch and when I came back, my hazard lights were on flashing. I first thought maybe someone hit my car, I walked around my car and nothing. I then went to my dashcam and it was recording the entire time when I picked up my lunch and nothing out of the ordinary. Checked to listen if I accidentally pressed panic alarm on the key in my pocket but nothing.

After I unlocked and locked car, the hazards turned off.

Car was turned off in D with E Brake Up so nothing funky like "cannot stop the car in neutral"

Thoughts? I'm thinking there was a bug in the system and caused it. Or is this some mechanism of the car letting me know there's something odd happening?

2019 BMW ///M4 - Alpine White | Sakhir Orange/Black Leather | M-DCT | Executive Package | 19" Black 437M Wheels | Carbon Fiber Trim | Sunroof | Active Blind Spot | Heated Steering Wheel | Adaptive M Suspension
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2021, 04:48 PM   #2
jpy1980
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3 -Smurfy Blue Vinyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1rve View Post
So I parked my car to go pick up lunch and when I came back, my hazard lights were on flashing. I first thought maybe someone hit my car, I walked around my car and nothing. I then went to my dashcam and it was recording the entire time when I picked up my lunch and nothing out of the ordinary. Checked to listen if I accidentally pressed panic alarm on the key in my pocket but nothing.

After I unlocked and locked car, the hazards turned off.

Car was turned off in D with E Brake Up so nothing funky like "cannot stop the car in neutral"

Thoughts? I'm thinking there was a bug in the system and caused it. Or is this some mechanism of the car letting me know there's something odd happening?
Sometimes my comfortaccess trips up and the hazard lights up when locking. Maybethat could be it?
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2021, 04:50 PM   #3
N1rve
Racecar Driver
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW M4  [9.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpy1980 View Post
Sometimes my comfortaccess trips up and the hazard lights up when locking. Maybethat could be it?
I hope this is an instance of "just BMW thing" and not the start of some problem lol.

2019 BMW ///M4 - Alpine White | Sakhir Orange/Black Leather | M-DCT | Executive Package | 19" Black 437M Wheels | Carbon Fiber Trim | Sunroof | Active Blind Spot | Heated Steering Wheel | Adaptive M Suspension
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2021, 05:00 PM   #4
Eurosonly
car addicted
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 m4

I think look into it more if it happens again otherwise probably just a software glitch.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2021, 07:32 PM   #5
Taco_Bueno
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM BMW M4 F82

This exact same thing happened to me!! The only difference is I was walking away from my car when it happened and I heard a weird "beep" and then my hazards turned on. Thought I was going crazy.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2021, 09:16 PM   #6
N1rve
Racecar Driver
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW M4  [9.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco_Bueno View Post
This exact same thing happened to me!! The only difference is I was walking away from my car when it happened and I heard a weird "beep" and then my hazards turned on. Thought I was going crazy.
Did it only happen once for you?

To be honest, it might have been flashing since I walked away, my dash cam is hooked up to the 12V and when I went to go pick up my food, the camera should have turned off but it didn’t lol. I definitely didn’t hear a beep though.

Appreciate 0
      05-14-2021, 12:25 PM   #7
Taco_Bueno
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM BMW M4 F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1rve View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco_Bueno View Post
Did it only happen once for you?

To be honest, it might have been flashing since I walked away, my dash cam is hooked up to the 12V and when I went to go pick up my food, the camera should have turned off but it didn’t lol. I definitely didn’t hear a beep though.
So far just once. I don't have a dashcam but I was probably 150ft away and I heard a noise I've never heard any car make, turned around, and my hazards were on. So weird. Guess our experiences were slightly different
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2021, 08:42 PM   #8
VChenz
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 Base

Possibly a low battery?
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2021, 10:18 PM   #9
davewes
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 328i

So, this is nuts. Browsing because I'm in the market for a F9X. My F30 literally did the same thing earlier today. 🤔
      05-15-2021, 02:33 AM   #10
N1rve
Racecar Driver
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW M4  [9.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by VChenz View Post
Possibly a low battery?
Wouldn’t rule it out. Took it for a long drive to be sure but I drive my car everyday lol.

Appreciate 0