R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

Yesterday, 09:51 PM   #26071
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
I like it more than I thought I would. I was beginning to lean toward the centered, “3.0”, but after today I’m set on the “3.0 S” script for sure.

Thanks bro. I can’t wait to see the actual finished product.
So, here's a thought. Is the finished product going to be all brushed/finished metal or the matte black? What about having the raised letters match the wheel color? Think it would work either way, but would really pop off the black.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 10:07 PM   #26072
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugly M3 View Post
So, here's a thought. Is the finished product going to be all brushed/finished metal or the matte black? What about having the raised letters match the wheel color? Think it would work either way, but would really pop off the black.
It’ll be PVD/powder coated aluminum with the script polished or brushed. The machine shop doesn’t have paint capabilities, so polished or brushed are my only options unfortunately.
Appreciate 1
Fugly M34908.50
      Yesterday, 10:33 PM   #26073
Jockey
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 992 C4S

Quote:
I do have unfortunate news. My car is at the dealership having the windshield replaced due to the known window molding issue. Yesterday as I was driving into Cali, I stopped to clean off bugs and noticed my molding was smearing. I immediately knew what was going on having read the RennList thread(s) about it. My dealer got me in the next day, so I’m now in a Macan loaner. Here are pics of what the melting molding looks like (…photos taken from RennList). Mine wasn’t nearly as bad as what’s depicted in the photos, but it does melt and rub away as soon as you apply any pressure. Apparently the adhesive and the molding material cause a chemical reaction, so Porsche changed the adhesive.
Ugh, sucks to hear. Had it on my CPO 911. I gave my SA the Rennlist thread about it and got it warrantied no problem.

Blows my mind Porsche has these silly types of issues.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24829.00
      Yesterday, 11:21 PM   #26074
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jockey View Post
Ugh, sucks to hear. Had it on my CPO 911. I gave my SA the Rennlist thread about it and got it warrantied no problem.

Damn, you too?!? What year was your CPO and when did this occur?
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 11:25 PM   #26075
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX

Quote:
It’ll be PVD/powder coated aluminum with the script polished or brushed. The machine shop doesn’t have paint capabilities, so polished or brushed are my only options unfortunately.
PVD/coat the whole thing in satin/matte to match the rims?

Quote:

Quote:
Damn, you too?!? What year was your CPO and when did this occur?
Cannot believe that. The a-pillar trim constantly coming loose on my Land Rover before flying completely off on the way to Mammoth yesterday, yes. The adhesive/sealant on a 911, no.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 11:42 PM   #26076
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Quote:

Oh, I read that post too, creepy.

I have had little things happen to most of my Porsches as well and generally are fixed via warranty too. I'm waiting on something now in fact. Although I caught it late so I haven't heard anything back, which worries me I may have to push it harder.

Also, sorry about the cop buddy. I'm a bit curious on how that happened. Considering my general consensus is that, holstered firearms have their safety on right? Unless the person in question knew how to handle one.