ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest

06-29-2016, 06:10 PM   #23
mswaz
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnazzy View Post
You've had it for what, 2 weeks? You know you are going to get questions right?
Ask Away. If you see it driving around town now. It's not me. I traded it in last night. Was a great car just not for me.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2016, 12:08 AM   #24
schnazzy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: YMBSSM4

Why wasn't it for you?

Ride too rough?
Exhaust sound farts are annoying?
too much road noise?
doesn't have rear doors?
too fast?
insurance too high?
got pulled over 7 times?
rather spend the money on a honda civic and strippers?
no all wheel drive?
want to use the money to invest in a Ponzi scheme?
Payments so high you eat ramen every night?
Saw another one like yours and realize you are not special and your parents lied to you?

sorry got a bit carried away.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2016, 03:10 PM   #25
mswaz
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5M

I've been wanting to get back into an M3/M4 since I sold my 2011 E90 ZCP MT. I loved that car and regret selling it but this car is completley different. Don't get me wrong this M4 is a fantastic car but certain things I just did not like. And after just a week I found myself not even wanting to drive it.
First, I did not like the DCT, great smooth fast shifts but hated when coming to a stop and the somtimes clunkiness of it on slower speeds and in traffic. Should have gotten a manual.
The seats in the ZCP are more different than losing lumbar and the holes cut out. I think way less padding, much harder than a F80/82 seat. Like a park bench with good side bolsters
Steering was fabulous, the thing I like most about the car.
The suspension was good too, even in comfort it was stiff but never thought to stiff.
Biggest compliant was the MPE exhaust. No lie its different on the ZCP than an ordinary F80/82. At first loved it thought it was cool but after a while its annoying, almost embarassing to some point. There is so much back pressure in sport and sport+ that it sounds like somethings broken. It was obnoxious and it was always on. Therefore could not go into sport mode on the throttle setting without having to deal with the exhaust, so ended up driving in efficient with sport steering most the time in order to avoid the farts and burble plus the heavy drone at freeway speeds. So if thats the case why have the car. In the end I should have bought the X5M I ordered but lust won over and I got the M4. I'm back with an X5M and love it so far. Its balls out fast and handles brilliantly when you want it and is a comfortable family cruiser when you want that. Not knocking anyone but that combo is way more my speed.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2016, 12:21 AM   #26
schnazzy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: YMBSSM4

yeah so I came from a 550xi with few more ponies under the hood and it was nice. The seats were like a lazyboy, all the features, the ride, the low noise etc. If you are an SUV guy, not sure an M4 is for you. The ride is rough the DCT has actual metal to metal gears unlike a slushbox auto that is fluid and fins. Not knocking the SUV but it's big and heavy and that transfers to a smoother, quieter ride and with the X5M you still get performance.
Appreciate 0