Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > Classifieds > Members Classifieds > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons

08-02-2021, 04:12 PM   #23
Idontliketrying
BMW Client Advisor
Rep
Drives: 2023 Bmw M3 CX

Garage List
2023 Bmw M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nv_f82 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idontliketrying View Post
Oh okay because I saw some videos with the setup with either a vrsf downpipe or the AA downpipe

Didn't seem too bad or running that setup but with a catted downpipe though wanted to run catless to reduce turbo lag
Well yeah that's a single midpipe, not the equal length midpipes. That's why it has that nice deep tone. Mine sounds just like that with cat-less downpipes and non resonated single midpipes with a Remus muffer.
Stupid question but you think it's a good idea to do HFC with the Remus and AA EL or just stick to catless Dp single MP and Remus since you didn't like the resonated EL with Remus and catless dp I thought the EL would do the same thing as the single midpipe except better since everyone runs that with catless dps also did you have to cut anything to pair the Remus with Equal Length?
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2021, 04:34 PM   #24
slaughter.mode
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Competition

Garage List
2018 BMW M4 ZCP  [9.80]
Quote:
Stupid question but you think it's a good idea to do HFC with the Remus and AA EL or just stick to catless Dp single MP and Remus since you didn't like the resonated EL with Remus and catless dp I thought the EL would do the same thing as the single midpipe except better since everyone runs that with catless dps also did you have to cut anything to pair the Remus with Equal Length?
  • Cat-less downpipes + single mid pipe + Remus Muffler = Perfect
  • Cat-less downpipes + EL resonated mid pipe + Remus muffler = Amazing in upper rpm range, buzzy and raspy in low rpm range (valves open/closed)
  • Cat-less downpipes + EL non-resonated mid pipe + Remus muffler = 1991 Honda CR-X with a Magnaflow muffler. It's horrible.
  • Catted downpipes + EL resonated mid pipe + any muffler = Also perfect
  • Catted downpipes + EL non-resonated mid pipe + any muffler = I haven't tested.

I didn't have to cut anything to pair the Remus muffler to the AA EL mid pipes because I had already had it paired with the AA single mid-pipe previously and they bolt up to the muffler + downpipes in the exact same fashion and location. I did NOT use the couplers that came with the AA mid pipes, though, I used a reducer that came with the Remus muffler that fits way better.
      08-02-2021, 05:52 PM   #25
Idontliketrying
BMW Client Advisor
Rep

Garage List
2023 Bmw M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
  • Cat-less downpipes + EL resonated mid pipe + Remus muffler = Amazing in upper rpm range, buzzy and raspy in low rpm range (valves open/closed)
  • Cat-less downpipes + EL non-resonated mid pipe + Remus muffler = 1991 Honda CR-X with a Magnaflow muffler. It's horrible.
  • Catted downpipes + EL non-resonated mid pipe + any muffler = I haven't tested.

I didn't have to cut anything to pair the Remus muffler to the AA EL mid pipes because I had already had it paired with the AA single mid-pipe previously and they bolt up to the muffler + downpipes in the exact same fashion and location. I did NOT use the couplers that came with the AA mid pipes, though, I used a reducer that came with the Remus muffler that fits way better.
Quote:
Quote:

My best bet is probably the first two if you have any videos once you get the single please Drop them I have the full Remus and it's deep and thundery doesn't sound like an S55 in lower gears hoping that doesn't go away when I go with one of those routes thank you! I appreciate your help!
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2021, 06:00 PM   #26
slaughter.mode
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Competition

Garage List
2018 BMW M4 ZCP  [9.80]
Quote:
My best bet is probably the first two if you have any videos once you get the single please Drop them I have the full Remus and it's deep and thundery doesn't sound like an S55 in lower gears hoping that doesn't go away when I go with one of those routes thank you! I appreciate your help!
If you have full Remus cat-back, I'd just keep it. I have this clip from me just sitting in a garage giving light revs but my phone was connected to Carplay so it's not as crisp as it could have been. Everyone asks, "is that a V8?" because it's so deep.

08-02-2021, 06:03 PM   #27
Idontliketrying
BMW Client Advisor
Rep

Garage List
2023 Bmw M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
If you have full Remus cat-back, I'd just keep it. I have this clip from me just sitting in a garage giving light revs but my phone was connected to Carplay so it's not as crisp as it could have been. Everyone asks, "is that a V8?" because it's so deep.

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Ooh that does sound more snarlish probably Bc of the dp I may go Remus and high flow cats just don't want issues Bc I am going to pure turbos. People ask me the same thing or M5 owners are thrown for a loop 😂 Remus really knocked out the park
Appreciate 0