Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

01-20-2022, 03:06 PM   #23
1000hp
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ6 View Post
Correct, this is the Super Twin SB55PT P-Trim. Pedal feel wise, as I already had the UCP installed prior to installing the clutch I couldn't accurately say how it equates exactly to the stock pedal feel. However, I can tell you since I had the UCP installed along with the stock clutch beforehand that it feels similar, and maybe just a little bit firmer.

And it's is indeed direct bolt in, no modifications necessary as it includes the flywheel bolts, TOB and alignment tool.
Awesome. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2022, 09:39 PM   #24
Slowdr1v3r
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 bmw m4

Does anyone here with a twin disc have trouble going into first and reverse? I just finished breaking in my fx850 and I have so much trouble getting into gears 95 percent of the time. Took it back to the shop that installed it and they’re telling me it’s normal. I just can’t figure out what the issue is because the clutch has a lot of throw before catching but sometimes going in the car will even creep forward as if the clutch was engaged. Anyone had any experience with this?
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2022, 10:34 PM   #25
MJ6
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 ZCP 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M4 ZCP  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowdr1v3r View Post
Does anyone here with a twin disc have trouble going into first and reverse? I just finished breaking in my fx850 and I have so much trouble getting into gears 95 percent of the time. Took it back to the shop that installed it and they're telling me it's normal. I just can't figure out what the issue is because the clutch has a lot of throw before catching but sometimes going in the car will even creep forward as if the clutch was engaged. Anyone had any experience with this?
My first inclination would be that there's air somewhere in the clutch line, especially if you're having issues getting the clutch to disengage.
I'd recommend trying to re-bleed the system and see if that helps.

For Sale
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2022, 12:47 AM   #26
Slowdr1v3r
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 bmw m4

Quote:
My first inclination would be that there's air somewhere in the clutch line, especially if you're having issues getting the clutch to disengage.
I'd recommend trying to re-bleed the system and see if that helps.
Tried. Unfortunately didn’t help. And the part that’s weird is even when it creeps like that I have to let the pedal go pretty high before clutch engages. Idk if it’s just the clutch masters twin because a friend of mine that works at a performance shop said they have two shop f80s with the same setup and they do the same thing. Really makes me want to go back to stock but I’ve gotten mixed reviews on how much power they hold
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2022, 02:45 PM   #27
tauzins
Wing Chun Shifter Speed
Rep
Drives: 2015 Tanz M4

so MJ6 why'd you end up getting the spec over the clutch masters? im debating on what to do right now and im stuck between sticking OEM (FCPEURO) or go spec/clutchmasters.

Totaled:F30 335i | ER Chargepipe | ER Down-Pipe | Wagner Intercooler | BMS Intake | Meisterschaft Exhaust | MHD BEF JB4 Map 3 / 30% e85 / 50/50 Meth
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2022, 07:04 PM   #28
MJ6
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M4 ZCP  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tauzins View Post
so MJ6 why'd you end up getting the spec over the clutch masters? im debating on what to do right now and im stuck between sticking OEM (FCPEURO) or go spec/clutchmasters.
There were a couple of reasons actually. The first two clutches I tried were both ClutchMasters, but I didn't have good luck with them personally. The FX1000 was too aggressive for my daily duties, and the FX250 started slipping on me during shifts under high load. I also had an issue with the clutch engagement point being too high on the FX250 which made it challenging to modulate at times.

The Spec clutch I'd heard about, but had an issue with one of their clutches on a previous platform so I wasn't keen on going that route at first. After dealing with the issues I had with the ClutchMasters though and reading about the experiences of many other enthusiasts both on and off the forum, I decided to give it a shot. And I'm glad I did. Much easier to drive on the daily, and clutch pedal modulation is close to stock-like. There's obviously a little chatter which is pretty par for the course with any aftermarket clutch which swaps out the dual mass FW for a single, but if I had it to do over again I wouldn't hesitate to go with the Spec Twin Disk.

For Sale
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2022, 07:15 PM   #29
tauzins
Wing Chun Shifter Speed
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
There were a couple of reasons actually. The first two clutches I tried were both ClutchMasters, but I didn't have good luck with them personally. The FX1000 was too aggressive for my daily duties, and the FX250 started slipping on me during shifts under high load. I also had an issue with the clutch engagement point being too high on the FX250 which made it challenging to modulate at times.

The Spec clutch I'd heard about, but had an issue with one of their clutches on a previous platform so I wasn't keen on going that route at first. After dealing with the issues I had with the ClutchMasters though and reading about the experiences of many other enthusiasts both on and off the forum, I decided to give it a shot. And I'm glad I did. Much easier to drive on the daily, and clutch pedal modulation is close to stock-like. There's obviously a little chatter which is pretty par for the course with any aftermarket clutch which swaps out the dual mass FW for a single, but if I had it to do over again I wouldn't hesitate to go with the Spec Twin Disk.
This is the review I needed, a lot of ppl said no spec because of previous cars but few said spec on this platform was good but didn't have good reasons why.

So do you think clutch masters was just adjustment point? Or they could never get it right

Totaled:F30 335i | ER Chargepipe | ER Down-Pipe | Wagner Intercooler | BMS Intake | Meisterschaft Exhaust | MHD BEF JB4 Map 3 / 30% e85 / 50/50 Meth
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2022, 07:35 PM   #30
MJ6
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M4 ZCP  [10.00]
Quote:
This is the review I needed, a lot of ppl said no spec because of previous cars but few said spec on this platform was good but didn't have good reasons why.

So do you think clutch masters was just adjustment point? Or they could never get it right
I think that the CM clutches were good in their own right, just not specifically to the level I needed them to be at. The FX1000 would have been a great for a weekend warrior at the track or strip due to its clamping force and holding power, but it was a bit much for me on the street. Likewise, the FX250 drove like a dream in traffic and was one of the most well behaved clutches I've ever driven, but the holding power and pedal issue were hard passes.

I'm sure there's some configuration out there in the CM line up that would fit the bill, but I didn't feel like shuffling though and fighting to install them all in order to figure it out.

Go with what's been proven, Spec all the way on this platform.

For Sale
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2022, 08:25 PM   #31
tauzins
Wing Chun Shifter Speed
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I think that the CM clutches were good in their own right, just not specifically to the level I needed them to be at. The FX1000 would have been a great for a weekend warrior at the track or strip due to its clamping force and holding power, but it was a bit much for me on the street. Likewise, the FX250 drove like a dream in traffic and was one of the most well behaved clutches I've ever driven, but the holding power and pedal issue were hard passes.

I'm sure there's some configuration out there in the CM line up that would fit the bill, but I didn't feel like shuffling though and fighting to install them all in order to figure it out.

Go with what's been proven, Spec all the way on this platform.
Any reason you chose your spec over the model right before? Since I thought that one holds at least 800-900

Appreciate 0
      02-11-2022, 10:23 PM   #32
MJ6
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M4 ZCP  [10.00]
Quote:
Any reason you chose your spec over the model right before? Since I thought that one holds at least 800-900
To be honest, just personal preference. I'm sure the organic disks with have held just fine, but for the sake of longevity and the off chance that I ever decide to up the ante power wise, I figured that the extra $100 was worth peace of mind.

For Sale
Appreciate 0