BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA

05-02-2019, 03:49 AM   #23
ruley74
Lost Motorcyclist
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3M F97

Quote:
Originally Posted by SE7EN335 View Post
A lot of people say that the CS EDC works wonders on non ZCP cars though and completely transforms the ride. Wonder how much truth there is to that...
It was a genuine improvement on my car (MY14) however I have had the KW springs when I did the coding.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2019, 05:09 AM   #24
RevNev
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SE7EN335 View Post
A lot of people say that the CS EDC works wonders on non ZCP cars though and completely transforms the ride. Wonder how much truth there is to that...
According to a few in the US, the CS EDC requires the ZCP/CS shocks to take advantage of it. The ZCP/CS front struts are a different part number to the non-ZCP and I had the impression the rear shocks are different also. It could be that the CS EDC isn't as effective on the non-ZCP cars where the gain is limited by the shock valving.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2022, 09:18 PM   #25
Bernina5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 F82

Garage List
2016 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
So got these fitted yesterday, along with corner weighting balance and alignment done by Trutrack in north melbourne. If you need wheel or suspension work and are in melbourne, highly recommend these guys as they have been around street and track car suspension for a long long time...

First before i start - Describing "ride" and "feel" is difficult and very subjective, this is what I have noticed, someone else's experience may be vastly different..

To the review
- I am very happy. You can definately feel the spring rate is firmer than stock ZCP, but at the same time the car feels more planted over the road imperfections we have, and the suspension doesnt have such a pronounced secondary movement/rebound/wolllow, what ever you want to call it.

It seems to ride over the road imperfctions better than stock, but at the same time is a slightly firmer ride. You notice the firmness when taking an undulation in the road at higher speeds (eg 80kms) where you feel the higher spring rates bouce you out of the undulation. You can also feel it over cateyes etc, but no worse than stock and no spring will fix this, you need to do shocks to address this properly on this platform.

Cornering is great, you can definately feel the car turns in better and there is definately a bit more weight in the steering also. It also dives less under braking but most springs will have that effect.

So to summarise its firmer but more complaint at the same time, with better turn in

I dont have any photos yet but will post some shortly as im going to put up a build post with all my mods.

My only issue, is that im still sitting a bit high at the front as i went a conservative drop of 15mm-ish at the front and about 10 mm at the rear (about 140mm clearance of front bumper to ground) so will go back to Trutrack next week for a final adjustment a little lower, which is a great benefit of the HAS - anyone with eibach or HAS setups let me know what height has worked for you around melbourne?

As to the future for this car and suspension, i would have loved to have gone coilovers (trutrack really rate the Tractive setup) but most are bloody expensive and not something i can justify at the moment. I think what i may end up doing down the track is getting a set of the Bilstien EDC compatible B6/B8 shocks and fitting these while retaining the KW HAS. Early reviews seem to be quite positive on these

Ralph at Trutrack also mentioned i may want to get some shims for the rear to get max traction as we're at the limit of the stock rear camber (although still within BMW spec) do ill probably get those before i take it back for final height adjustment

Hopefully the above is useful to someone.

Reviving old old threat, how was the ride , still on the set up? Been a few years lol.
Appreciate 0