Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

01-28-2014, 05:24 PM   #177
Tonymiabmw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Nardo F90 M5 on order

Why is everyone so skeptical? When has the M division never Delivered. If they can make a whale like a M6 gran coupe do what it does. Why wouldn't they with a lighter smaller car do it? Do most of you people drive normal 3 series and like to talk crap? I don't get it?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 05:47 PM   #178
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Why should BMW M. Not have complete confidence in their all new BMW M3 and M4?
They knew what had to be done , they knew they had to progress and move the game on. This is a segment that is no longer lying still.

And the M3 and M4 embody this progress.
Well said! It's like having your g/f or wife get all dolled up, then second guessing whether people will find her attractive. Who does that???
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 06:58 PM   #179
FogCityM3
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M3 (E90) & Porsche GT3 RS

Master of cleverness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyland View Post
So go buy a Porsche
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 07:08 PM   #180
Real Deal
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonymiabmw View Post
Why is everyone so skeptical? When has the M division never Delivered. If they can make a whale like a M6 gran coupe do what it does. Why wouldn't they with a lighter smaller car do it? Do most of you people drive normal 3 series and like to talk crap? I don't get it?
Because all of the M cars they drive are classics and will never be replaced and BMW was bought by KIA.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 07:10 PM   #181
RealStig
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

People don't like change. People don't like adapting. That's how it is in every little thing in your life. Your phone, your iOS, your computer, laptop, heck even your girlfriend. You get something new, you always compare with what you used to have and find flaws until the something new becomes your new favorite and cycle repeats itself. That's how it's always been. So relax, don't worry about what everyone says. The new car is going to be better than the old one in every aspect. These threads about comparing this and that is meaningless.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 07:35 PM   #182
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Because the M5 basically sucks ballz. It comes in last in all the comparo with even Caddy's giving it some wup-ass. The steering gets universally panned and now many owners have a vibration problem that BMW just says is just the way the car is. Some poor dude wrote a long letter about how BMW's have sucked lately and he finally got rid of his X5 and M5 and went to MB and got AMG's and he's a happy camper now.

Quote:
So go buy a Porsche
Will do when my kids can drive and don't need me to take them to school anymore. The point of my comment was, why is it a small company like Porsche can do it, but a medium sized company like BMW can't??

Quote:
Originally Posted by basscadet View Post
Bmw Employee Speaks Of Impressive Bmw Engine!

Stop The Presses!
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 07:46 PM   #183
Tonymiabmw
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus
Quote:
Because the M5 basically sucks ballz. It comes in last in all the comparo with even Caddy's giving it some wup-ass. The steering gets universally panned and now many owners have a vibration problem that BMW just says is just the way the car is. Some poor dude wrote a long letter about how BMW's have sucked lately and he finally got rid of his X5 and M5 and went to MB and got AMG's and he's a happy camper now.

Quote:
So go buy a Porsche
Will do when my kids can drive and don't need me to take them to school anymore. The point of my comment was, why is it a small company like Porsche can do it, but a medium sized company like BMW can't??

Quote:
Originally Posted by basscadet View Post
Bmw Employee Speaks Of Impressive Bmw Engine!

Stop The Presses!
How does the M5 suck? I would rather have it than anything in its class. Which is pretty much a E63. RS 7 doesn't count being that is more in M6 GC. I don't get it,where people get off saying this stuff ? Go drive these cars you guys are making blind judgments off what some jackass says!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 07:57 PM   #184
bmwluvr24
Driving Mika all over California.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E60 M5

Quote:
How does the M5 suck? I would rather have it than anything in its class. Which is pretty much a E63. RS 7 doesn't count being that is more in M6 GC. I don't get it,where people get off saying this stuff ? Go drive these cars you guys are making blind judgments off what some jackass says!
Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. I have driven the M5 and I would never imagine saying that it sucks. I do not own one, so I can not vouch for the reliability, but it was fun to drive and had power EVERYWHERE! I know what the typical idiot is thinking........"dude, you drive a 328i." Put that bullshit to rest because I have driven everything under the sun and the M5 is stellar comparative to anything in its class. Speaking of which, there aren't many cars in its class.
      01-28-2014, 08:03 PM   #185
Real Deal
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Well don't your know Tony, BMW is going bankrupt cause they no longer make good cars. I hope all of these people just move on and let us uninformed people buy crappy BMWs.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 08:28 PM   #186
RealStig
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post

What letter? Where is it?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 08:30 PM   #187
RealStig
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Deal View Post
Well don't your know Tony, BMW is going bankrupt cause they no longer make good cars. I hope all of these people just move on and let us uninformed people buy crappy BMWs.
You guys need to stop these nonsense arguments. Let people realize the truth on their own pace and if they dont, so what? They can keep driving their V8s or AMGs.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 08:32 PM   #188
Real Deal
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealStig View Post
You guys need to stop these nonsense arguments. Let people realize the truth on their own pace and if they dont, so what? They can keep driving their V8s or AMGs.
Coming from the guy whom keeps picking against BMW.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 08:35 PM   #189
Tonymiabmw
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Deal
Quote:
Wow, this is so dumb Bmw posted record sales in the US this year. Better than any luxury auto manufacturer. Everything that is coming out of everyones mouth is just diarrhea. So many trolls
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 08:36 PM   #190
RealStig
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Coming from the guy whom keeps picking against BMW.
Where? This is because I picked the C7 against the M4? I was just dreaming for christ sakes! If I could have a 2 door weekend car, I would love the new C7 it doesnt mean i dont like the bmw, I just have my own dreams and bmw is by far not the best brand in the world. There is nothing wrong with that.

I am happy with my YMB M3 order and cannot wait to drive it. Its the best all around car in its class.

You gotta let this go, seriously, you are blowing this way out of proportions.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 08:37 PM   #191
Real Deal
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Wow, this is so dumb Bmw posted record sales in the US this year. Better than any luxury auto manufacturer. Everything that is coming out of your mouth is just diarrhea.
Huh? It was a sarcastic comment making fun of the earlier poster about saying M5 sucks. Settle down tiger :-)
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 08:44 PM   #192
Tonymiabmw
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Wow, this is so dumb Bmw posted record sales in the US this year. Better than any luxury auto manufacturer. Everything that is coming out of your mouth is just diarrhea.
Huh? It was a sarcastic comment making fun of the earlier poster about saying M5 sucks. Settle down tiger :-)
No reread,I wrote it wrong, I agreed with you. Just sick of everyones negativity in here. Bashing something with no base of what they are talking about. People with 328s talking shit like they know what they are talking about.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 08:48 PM   #193
111R
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lotus

Quote:
his is the most exciting news to come from our interview. Surprised? You should be. And you probably should be skeptical until driving reviews come in but what we learned gets us excited. This is NOT the EPS that you have driven in other BMWs in the slightest. This is M's version of EPS. New hardware, new software, new everything.
Okay, I'm probably not the first one to say this, but why don't they make this new/improved version the standard for all 3/4 series? Surely cost isn't the issue once it's been developed. A few tweaks for different tires sizes, suspension, etc. would not be that hard to do.
'17 Audi A4 Ultra, Monsoon Grey, Wife's car
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 08:49 PM   #194
Real Deal
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
No reread,I wrote it wrong, I agreed with you. Just sick of everyone negativity in here. Bashing something with no base of what they are talking about. People with 328s talking shit like they know what they are talking about.
Well the guy with 328 was agreeing with you Tony. I think misread both of our posts :-)
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 08:52 PM   #195
Tonymiabmw
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
No reread,I wrote it wrong, I agreed with you. Just sick of everyone negativity in here. Bashing something with no base of what they are talking about. People with 328s talking shit like they know what they are talking about.
Well the guy with 328 was agreeing with you Tony. I think misread both of our posts :-)
Wait who has a 328 I was generalizing.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 08:59 PM   #196
Real Deal
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Wait who has a 328 I was generalizing.
Lol the earlier poster that quoted you, it's all good man.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 09:20 PM   #197
bmwluvr24
Driving Mika all over California.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E60 M5

Quote:
Lol the earlier poster that quoted you, it's all good man.
That would be me. I don't take any offense because I do know what I am talking about. I find out for myself instead of taking anyone's opinion on here. That is including the people I like. I know my preferences and capabilities in a vehicle. That brings up one of my main points. I have seen more idiots rolling around in cars that they can not handle than ever before. MANY of them seem to grace these forums. So, just because you have an ///M that does not afford any of you latitude when it comes to knowledge base. DONE WITH RANT!
      01-28-2014, 09:24 PM   #198
Real Deal
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by phishhead24 View Post
That would be me. I don't take any offense because I do know what I am talking about. I find out for myself instead of taking anyone's opinion on here. That is including the people I like. I know my preferences and capabilities in a vehicle. That brings up one of my main points. I have seen more idiots rolling around in cars that they can not handle than ever before. MANY of them seem to grace these forums. So, just because you have an ///M that does not afford any of you latitude when it comes to knowledge base. DONE WITH RANT!
I know people can be passionate about cars but the driver is the one that drives the car. Look at golf, you can buy 10k sets but if your a crappy golfer it won't make you any better lol.
Appreciate 0