Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

01-13-2020, 08:32 PM   #23
2011zx10R
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy L Garage View Post
I would never compare the two.
But if you fancy an executive Sedan why not consider something that actually looks nice?
If I were in that boat I’d consider a Mercedes E class or Lexus GS. BMW interiors are just plain boring nowadays.
Quote:
But if you fancy an executive Sedan why not consider something that actually looks nice?
If I were in that boat I'd consider a Mercedes E class or Lexus GS. BMW interiors are just plain boring nowadays.
Spot on!!!!!

I'd go ES350 sport; they use memory foam as bushings.
Appreciate 1
DML967.50
      01-13-2020, 08:40 PM   #24
2011zx10R
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD ///M4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBuckeyes1 View Post
Lots of reading here that M3 with proper winter tires do fine in winters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdizzle View Post
i live in the midwest too. F80 with all seasons does fine all year.
"All season" tires are not the proper winter tires. Proper winter tires are a second set of dedicated wheels and snow tires. Numerous tests have proven that "all season" tires are no match for snow tires in winter conditions.

https://www.google.com/search?q=all+...e&ie=UTF-8
Quote:
If I were in that boat I'd consider a Mercedes E class or Lexus GS. BMW interiors are just plain boring nowadays.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
"All season" tires are not the proper winter tires. Proper winter tires are a second set of dedicated wheels and snow tires. Numerous tests have proven that "all season" tires are no match for snow tires in winter conditions.

I run Continental DWS 06

I've driven in blizzard conditions just fine

Just like I don't need race slicks in the summer to enjoy the car
Appreciate 1
Humdizzle6054.00
      01-13-2020, 08:49 PM   #25
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011zx10R View Post
I run Continental DWS 06

With your superior driving skills, you are obviously the exception to the rule...

Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 05:35 AM   #26
spuntyb
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 Competition

Quote:
Quote:
I run Continental DWS 06

With your superior driving skills, you are obviously the exception to the rule...
I didn't need the reminder that folks are driving their F80s in the snow with all seasons. Oof

2019 F90 Comp MBB|Black (sold)
2018 F80 ZCP TB|SS (sold)
2015 F30 335 AW|CR (sold)
2015 F31 MG|CR (sold)
2011 E90 JB|Oyster (sold)
Appreciate 1
      01-14-2020, 06:00 AM   #27
bmbweber
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Power View Post
Quote:
its not a comparison. just like how a 340xi isn't any way comparable to an M.

You're right, it's not a comparison. The M550i is a much better car in every way.. and it doesn't sound like a fart can.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrae26 View Post
The only one that sounds good is the OG M2. M3,M5,M8 all sound like shit and every single one of them farts.

Lol.. You must've not heard the M5 comp exhaust in person if you're comparing it to the M3/M4 exhaust It's not only about the farts.. the car literally just sounds like shit. Not saying it's the best sounds car I own (E92 M3), but it sounds much better than the F8x.
I'm curious why you're in the F8X forums with the amount of hate you have for them...
Appreciate 1
      01-14-2020, 10:16 AM   #28
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
Unfortunately nearly everyone has driven in snow/blizzard conditions on A/S tires in snow states (nearly everyone does). It's why a dusting of snow causes so many accidents and gridlocks the roads right away during commutes.

But, if you are not an idiot, I can see getting through a blizzard just fine on A/S tires. Assuming you know what you are doing, avoid hills and keep your momentum up with a RWD car though that is. But, if you don't and eff it up you are in for a long day of getting stuck repeatedly.
Appreciate 1
      01-14-2020, 11:58 AM   #29
chicagoshark
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I run Continental DWS 06

That's a Great tire!
Appreciate 1
      01-14-2020, 06:14 PM   #30
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Unfortunately nearly everyone has driven in snow/blizzard conditions on A/S tires in snow states (nearly everyone does). It's why a dusting of snow causes so many accidents and gridlocks the roads right away during commutes.

But, if you are not an idiot, I can see getting through a blizzard just fine on A/S tires. Assuming you know what you are doing, avoid hills and keep your momentum up with a RWD car though that is. But, if you don't and eff it up you are in for a long day of getting stuck repeatedly.
When I lived in Michigan, where I grew up until I moved to San Diego when I was 38, I didn't have a problem in snow with the front-wheel drive cars that I owned during that time. But when I had rear-wheel cars, I had a set of full snow tires that I put on sometime before Thanksgiving and took off sometime in April. I've driven through blizzards with that setup and never got stuck, and never got in an accident. But now they tell me that they don't get as much snow in the Detroit area anymore. However, I much prefer being able to run summer tires year round now!

Appreciate 3
minn1914028.50
spuntyb4054.50
      01-14-2020, 11:07 PM   #31
M.Power
Գեվոջանյան
Rep
Drives: 2022 LP650 Urus/2023 F93 M8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmbweber View Post
I'm curious why you're in the F8X forums with the amount of hate you have for them...
I saw it being compared to the m550i and I commented since I own one.. Sorry for stating my opinion lol.
      01-15-2020, 06:09 PM   #32
bmbweber
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I saw it being compared to the m550i and I commented since I own one.. Sorry for stating my opinion lol.
While you are here, tell us more about how that boat of a 5 series with a cool little M in front is so much better in every single way without providing any valid points...

We're all curious
Appreciate 2
      01-15-2020, 08:41 PM   #33
M.Power
Գեվոջանյան
Rep

Quote:
While you are here, tell us more about how that boat of a 5 series with a cool little M in front is so much better in every single way without providing any valid points...

We're all curious

"Boat" LOL. I was trying to be nice but get the fuck out of here. This 5 series with a cool little M badge should be able to keep up with your M4 without an issue.. And good thing I own 3 real M's to make up for the "fake" one. Step your car game up before you open your mouth.

Last edited by M.Power; 01-15-2020 at 08:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 07:48 AM   #34
superbrew
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3Cx

Quote:

The last paragraph is why most people recommend real snow tires. Living in New England, I don't have the option of avoiding hills. And long days of getting stuck repeatedly are not worth the cost of snow tires. Having snow tires also means less compromise in the summer as well.
Appreciate 3
minn1914028.50
SD ///M42992.00
c12h231.00
      01-16-2020, 07:50 AM   #35
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbrew View Post
The last paragraph is why most people recommend real snow tires. Living in New England, I don't have the option of avoiding hills. And long days of getting stuck repeatedly are not worth the cost of snow tires. Having snow tires also means less compromise in the summer as well.
Trust me, I'm a very pro snow tire guy. I put them on my F-150 and our AWD cars to. We didn't get them for the M550 since we don't drive that too much compared to the truck in adverse conditions.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 08:59 AM   #36
bmbweber
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

We're all curious

"Boat" LOL. I was trying to be nice but get the fuck out of here. This 5 series with a cool little M badge should be able to keep up with your M4 without an issue.. And good thing I own 3 real M's to make up for the "fake" one. Step your car game up before you open your mouth.
I must've hit a soft spot with that boat comment, my bad. Should've sold em all so you could afford the M5.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 12:06 PM   #37
M.Power
Գեվոջանյան
Rep

Quote:
I must've hit a soft spot with that boat comment, my bad. Should've sold em all so you could afford the M5.
Good thing I can afford to keep them all and have my M5.. clown
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2020, 05:18 AM   #38
spuntyb
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 Competition

Quote:
Quote:

When I lived in Michigan, where I grew up until I moved to San Diego when I was 38, I didn't have a problem in snow with the front-wheel drive cars that I owned during that time. But when I had rear-wheel cars, I had a set of full snow tires that I put on sometime before Thanksgiving and took off sometime in April. I've driven through blizzards with that setup and never got stuck, and never got in an accident. But now they tell me that they don't get as much snow in the Detroit area anymore. However, I much prefer being able to run summer tires year round now!
Living the dream lol

2019 F90 Comp MBB|Black (sold)
2018 F80 ZCP TB|SS (sold)
2015 F30 335 AW|CR (sold)
2015 F31 MG|CR (sold)
2011 E90 JB|Oyster (sold)
Appreciate 1
SD ///M42992.00
      01-17-2020, 12:13 PM   #39
SubzeroVR4
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3/F85 X5M

Quote:
Quote:

true. but for midwest winters the allseasons are more than adequate. at least from what i've seen. its like 9/10 what the mpss can do in the summer. and 7/10 of what an actual snow tire can do. No need to buy a second set of rims.
Quote:
BMW's are drivers cars.
Everything is focused on driving. I love it!

Quote:
Quote:

true. but for midwest winters the allseasons are more than adequate. at least from what i've seen. its like 9/10 what the mpss can do in the summer. and 7/10 of what an actual snow tire can do. No need to buy a second set of rims.
All seasons work well for snow only when brand new tread. For a RWD car, I would definitely get winter tires. FWD or AWD in the Midwest then all season's will suffice.
'21 Civic Type R
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2020, 08:47 PM   #40
OGMthree4real
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 Avus Blue, Comp Pack

Quote:
M550 = Gulfstream luxury Jet

M3 = Raptor F-22 Fighter Jet
Exactly !!! Great comparison