European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

06-19-2019, 10:10 PM   #1
TypeDre
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 MW 6MT

Camber Advice

Sup Fellas! I need some advice from the experts.. So I recently purchased a set of BBS wheels in the following specs:

Front: 20x10 + 18
Rear 20x11 +40

Looking for advice on how to fit these with my KW HAS. I'm thinking I need to purchase a set of camber plates, will I need front and rear camber plates? I'm planning on running 265/30 or 255/30 tires up front and 295/30 in the rear. Besides Camber plates what additional parts will I need? Would I be better off getting another set of coilovers? I'd prefer to keep my EDC features.

TIA!
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2019, 08:33 AM   #2
ntg44
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8 4.2 Spyder

Rear is probably fine. Don't see an issue. That front offset is gnarly though. A whole inch further out than stock. Even if it does clear, it's going to look really weird if you don't get camber plates for the front. The front wheel is going to be sticking out of the fender otherwise.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2019, 09:52 AM   #3
TypeDre
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntgarage44 View Post
Rear is probably fine. Don't see an issue. That front offset is gnarly though. A whole inch further out than stock. Even if it does clear, it's going to look really weird if you don't get camber plates for the front. The front wheel is going to be sticking out of the fender otherwise.
Would I be okay with getting GC camber plates? Or should I get adjustable tie rods as well etc? What do you recommend?
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2019, 06:26 PM   #4
x.shell
▆ ✚✚   ▆▆▆▆▆▆
Rep
Drives: ▋ ▉▉

Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeDre View Post
Would I be okay with getting GC camber plates? Or should I get adjustable tie rods as well etc? What do you recommend?
With aftermarket front camber plates, you won't need adjustable tie rods for the front as there is ample adjustment on the OEM tie rod after getting your camber dialed in... Unless you go with a crazy camber setting. Around -2.2 camber will get you in a good spot visually with your 20x10 +18 wheel.

As far as I know, there are no camber plates for the rear. But you will be fine with whatever camber naturally occurs for a 20x11 +40 wheel (you can adjust more/less with the eccentric bolt). If you do choose to adjust the camber in the rear, you can max it out to about -2.2 (depending on your drop). If you do max out the camber though, your toe adjustment will be maxed out at around 0. If you want to adjust toe-in for the rear at maxed out camber, you will need adjustable tie rods that have a bigger range than OEM.
Appreciate 2
      06-24-2019, 06:37 PM   #5
TypeDre
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by x.shell View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeDre View Post
With aftermarket front camber plates, you won't need adjustable tie rods for the front as there is ample adjustment on the OEM tie rod after getting your camber dialed in... Unless you go with a crazy camber setting. Around -2.2 camber will get you in a good spot visually with your 20x10 +18 wheel.

As far as I know, there are no camber plates for the rear. But you will be fine with whatever camber naturally occurs for a 20x11 +40 wheel (you can adjust more/less with the eccentric bolt). If you do choose to adjust the camber in the rear, you can max it out to about -2.2 (depending on your drop). If you do max out the camber though, your toe adjustment will be maxed out at around 0. If you want to adjust toe-in for the rear at maxed out camber, you will need adjustable tie rods that have a bigger range than OEM.
Thanks for the feedback man! This answers my question 👍🏽👍🏽
Appreciate 0