ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

05-31-2022, 08:03 PM   #23
pfrederi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 1995 E36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmciver View Post
Another shout out for the Akebono Euro pads due to their excellent braking performance and very low dusting. As far as wheel cleaners go, I would not use iron removers like Iron-X on a routine basis. Save those for the occasional deep wheel cleaning. For very effective, including cost effective, routine wheel/tire cleaning, I would recommend P&S Brake Buster or Extra Tough Wheel & Tire cleaner. I have both of these and they come highly recommended in the car detailing community (especially P&S Brake Buster).

Thanks man!! I got a bottle of the PS Brake Buster and it seems to be doing the job so far of making cleaning the wheels easier. I do one wheel at a time. I also made a makeshift wheel brush out of a standard wheel brush i had. I cut the tip into a cone shape to fit in the nook and cranies.

- First i wet the wheels (cool)
- Then i spray the PS Brake Buster on one wheel
- Wait a couple mins Then agitate with my makeshift wheel brush all in between the corners and inside
- After agitating the whole wheel, I then use some soapy car wash water and go over the whole wheel again with a microfiber wash cloth
- Then spray with hose.

Wheels are coming out sparkling. Ill see how this continues to work. I have a bottle of the GREON Wet Coat that i may try next time after washing the wheels. Thanks again for the suggestions. Until i get the Akebonos and level up to the ceramixc coating ill be using this current method.
Appreciate 1
jmciver1823.50