ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

10-08-2016, 11:28 AM   #1
LindsayEOD
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3MC

Best DFW Service Dept

I recently purchased a new M3 from an out of the area dealer and wanted to know which dealership everyone recommends to have the service completed. I live in Wichita Falls, so all of them will be a drive.
I appreciate everyone's input.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2016, 03:46 PM   #2
Buschy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindsayEOD View Post
I recently purchased a new M3 from an out of the area dealer and wanted to know which dealership everyone recommends to have the service completed. I live in Wichita Falls, so all of them will be a drive.
Autobahn.
      10-08-2016, 03:59 PM   #3
LindsayEOD
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buschy
Quote:
Autobahn.
Thanks man.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2016, 10:44 AM   #4
Buschy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindsayEOD
Quote:
Quote:
Autobahn.
Thanks man.
Yep. Stop and Say hi when your in.
Dennis
      10-09-2016, 12:24 PM   #5
LindsayEOD
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindsayEOD
Quote:
Quote:
Autobahn.
Thanks man.
Yep. Stop and Say hi when your in.
Dennis
Will do. I assume you work there?
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2016, 03:35 PM   #6
Buschy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Will do. I assume you work there?
yes I do, after being a customer for 10 years, lol.
      10-12-2016, 01:22 PM   #7
///Mo
Lurker
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Autobahn service used to be really good, when I had my F10 a couple years ago. Since I purchased my F82 earlier this year I've taken it in 3 times and every time has been a bad experience, in fact it is there right now and has been since the end of last month for a flat tire/service and a couple of things being installed. Don't mind it taking a bit on the longer side as long as they do the work correctly, but the service advisor has not contacted me once, even after he said he would call me about how much the install would cost. Took 5 days of silence for me to call and ask, and he finally returned my call with a price the next day. 5 days after that I called again to get an update and when he called me back I find that they've only really completed 15% of the work after 10 days (can't be waiting on parts since I brought them with me). All of this and there was no loaner car available. Don't mean to vent or bash Autobahn, they do have a fantastic sales team and I even met one of the technicians last time who seemed great and a true BMW enthusiast, but I probably won't be returning for service so I'm looking for a new place as well.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2016, 06:47 PM   #8
Buschy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mo
Autobahn service used to be really good, when I had my F10 a couple years ago. Since I purchased my F82 earlier this year I've taken it in 3 times and every time has been a bad experience, in fact it is there right now and has been since the end of last month for a flat tire/service and a couple of things being installed. Don't mind it taking a bit on the longer side as long as they do the work correctly, but the service advisor has not contacted me once, even after he said he would call me about how much the install would cost. Took 5 days of silence for me to call and ask, and he finally returned my call with a price the next day. 5 days after that I called again to get an update and when he called me back I find that they've only really completed 15% of the work after 10 days (can't be waiting on parts since I brought them with me). All of this and there was no loaner car available. Don't mean to vent or bash Autobahn, they do have a fantastic sales team and I even met one of the technicians last time who seemed great and a true BMW enthusiast, but I probably won't be returning for service so I'm looking for a new place as well.
Shoot me a text
817-897-4792
Dennis
Sorry you had a non responsive experience. I actually don't doubt that. We have been crazy busy because all the other dealers business comes to us. Our service dept is growing like crazy.
It is not the usual service experience but everywhere has a few bad moments.
I had another one of my closest nets call me for similar reason. However he just didn't get a call back from his sa the same day. Lol. I took care of it

Who is your sales person? Did you purchase your care with us?
      10-12-2016, 08:24 PM   #9
dfwf80
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 12 f30 335i and 12 x5d

i had similar experience when i took my m3 for 10k oil service 2 weeks ago. told them about few other issues i had with a car. nothing big just few small thing. they did oil change next day but after 4 days of waiting for them to look and see other things with car i finally gave up and pick my car up. also they never call me to tell me when car would be ready. i had to call them almost every day to check on my car. it seems that if u dont have your sa its hard to get any help. sucks that my sa jimmy has left autobahn.
Appreciate 1
      10-12-2016, 08:27 PM   #10
F80Dreamer
Major
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4

I know Sewell are opening a BMW dealership over the next few months. Used to have a G37 and serviced my car at Sewell Infiniti. Best service I have ever experienced, so hoping they transfer that level of service to this new dealership. Plus, it's pretty close to me.
Appreciate 1
      10-12-2016, 08:29 PM   #11
Blksnowflake
Mlightened
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yaz M3

that place doesn't sound good.
@autobahn
Appreciate 1
      10-12-2016, 08:52 PM   #12
aaa335
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 992GT3, Euro E36, 24M3CS

Ive had really good experience with classic in plano so far. they open early and stay open late. Ive always had a loan car and the one time they were out of them they offered to shuttle me to work and pick me up.
Also, they are very mod friendly. The have a race team that will take care of you for any mods. I had all my mods installed with them and they made it super easy, everything came out flawless. They have an account with IND and can order parts for you install them while your car is in for service. They are also a DINAN dealer if you are interested in any of their upgrades. Heck, they even have a dyno back there. What kind of dealer has a Dyno?? I love that place.
Appreciate 1
      10-12-2016, 09:00 PM   #13
yaymitch
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2CS & 2022 RSQ8

From Houston but was forced to take my car to BMW of Dallas for a new tire. Anyway, I told them not to wash my car and even had a big sign hanging from the rearview mirror that said 'DO NOT WASH'... I am sure you can guess what happened. IDIOTS!!
      10-13-2016, 07:15 AM   #14
LindsayEOD
No_Country
Rep

I appreciate all the replies. Looks like I have an interesting decision.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2016, 08:37 AM   #15
Buschy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfwf80 View Post
i had similar experience when i took my m3 for 10k oil service 2 weeks ago. told them about few other issues i had with a car. nothing big just few small thing. they did oil change next day but after 4 days of waiting for them to look and see other things with car i finally gave up and pick my car up. also they never call me to tell me when car would be ready. i had to call them almost every day to check on my car. it seems that if u dont have your sa its hard to get any help. sucks that my sa jimmy has left autobahn.
Let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blksnowflake View Post
that place doesn't sound good.
@autobahn
everywhere has its moments.

Quote:
I appreciate all the replies. Looks like I have an interesting decision.
yes, you will just have to try a place and draw your own conclusions.

These comments are about lack of communication, I hear horror stories all day long about other places, and I am sure there are some from here as well. just gotta try somewhere.
      10-13-2016, 12:41 PM   #16
///Mo
Lurker
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buschy View Post
Shoot me a text
817-897-4792
Dennis
Sorry you had a non responsive experience. I actually don't doubt that. We have been crazy busy because all the other dealers business comes to us. Our service dept is growing like crazy.
I had another one of my closest nets call me for similar reason. However he just didn't get a call back from his sa the same day. Lol. I took care of it

Thanks Dennis, that sounds about right. Like I said, if it takes longer to do the work for the quality of work, then I'm okay with it. The lack of communication has been really frustrating, and I will voice my concerns to the service manager.
My sales person doesn't work there anymore actually, come to think of it you emailed me personally and told me so and to contact you if I ever needed help. This right here is a testament as to why I come back to Autobahn to purchase vehicles.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2016, 04:25 PM   #17
Buschy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buschy View Post
Shoot me a text
817-897-4792
Dennis

Thanks Dennis, that sounds about right. Like I said, if it takes longer to do the work for the quality of work, then I'm okay with it. The lack of communication has been really frustrating, and I will voice my concerns to the service manager.
My sales person doesn't work there anymore actually, come to think of it you emailed me personally and told me so and to contact you if I ever needed help. This right here is a testament as to why I come back to Autobahn to purchase vehicles.
      10-13-2016, 06:10 PM   #18
Buschy
Colonel
Rep

Sometimes we have cool stuff.
Attached Images