Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

View Poll Results: Will Donald Trump be Impeached or will this blowback on Biden
Orange Trump bad. Trump gone. 83 32.17%
Trump Trump-umphant. 88 34.11%
Inclusive 18 6.98%
Biden C4'd to oblivion. 75 29.07%
Biden grows in strength and gets shot in the arm for nomination. 10 3.88%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 258. You may not vote on this poll

12-21-2019, 06:47 PM   #5127
MKSixer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
Actually, if it drags out, the Democrats most affected are Warren, Sanders, and Klobuchar (the senators). Which means there's a good chance the Democrats don't elect Warren or Sanders to represent them. I don't see Trump beating Buttigieg orBiden.
Saved for Prosterity.

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 2
SakhirM410247.00
Poiseuille4438.50

12-21-2019, 07:00 PM   #5128
Teufel_Hunden
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 6MT LMB ZCP

In the end, impeachment is meaningless. It amounts to nothing more than something written on a piece of paper.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2019, 07:19 PM   #5129
schoy
Captain
Rep
Drives: Melbourne Red E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufel_Hunden View Post
In the end, impeachment is meaningless. It amounts to nothing more than something written on a piece of paper.
I dunno, depends on what you mean by meaningless.

Final Jeopardy Question for $1,000,000 Tournament of Champions: "The 3 U.S. Presidents who have been impeached by the House of Representatives."

"Who are Johnson, Clinton and Trump?"
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2019, 07:35 PM   #5130
Teufel_Hunden
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 6MT LMB ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoy View Post
Quote:
I dunno, depends on what you mean by meaningless.

Final Jeopardy Question for $1,000,000 Tournament of Champions: "The 3 U.S. Presidents who have been impeached by the House of Representatives."

"Who are Johnson, Clinton and Trump?"
And......so what? If there are no real-life implications, then it really is meaningless.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2019, 07:53 PM   #5131
quick6
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M6,BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsad1 View Post
I applaud you for your optimisim, nothing wrong with that. But I whole heartily disagree.
Not a problem-I once found a pony underneath a pile of horseshit and it has affected me ever since!
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2019, 09:14 PM   #5132
Salty Dog
Captain
Rep
Drives: Austin Mini,MBGLK, Porsche 993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagamus_NM View Post
I don't think you are giving team Trump enough credit. The fact that the media talks about him nonstop is a large contributor. Negative or positive his branding is seared into the American psyche.

His campaign reached a LOT of people that don't vote. Their reasons are varied but for the most part hate the establishment and the government as a whole. A lot of nihilists and social underclass showed up that normally would never participate.

Of course the republican base showed up for the most part. Mainly because they can find enough policy issues they agree with that they look past things that they may not like. Are there a lot of never Trump republicans? Sure, but nowhere near the number of never Hillary. Combine that with the hyping of the DNC drama of Hillary burning Bernie. They managed to discourage enough to sit out. Then there was a general apathy due to the polls failing to capture those people that came out of the hills, trailer parks, and other disenfranchised locales to vote.

But yes, had the democrats put up a better candidate than Hillary it would likely be different.

Ask yourself though, would you really rather have president Bernie than Hillary? Hillary would have been pretty much status quo, Bernie wants to socialize everything. He has some good policy ideas with respect to marijuana and the prison system. But most of his ideas are so far out that congress would never go along and we would never get anything done.

Some girl and I were talking the other day and she was all for Bernie. I told her I prefer mayor Pete and she was like reeeeeeeeeeeeeee he's basically a republican. I laughed and suggested that we need somebody a little more centrist to actually get congress to do anything.

So yeah, give Trump credit to reaching these people. It isn't just the democrats why he was elected.
I've said since the election that Trump didn't so much win as Hillary lost....I know theres a lot more to it than that.
Appreciate 1
UncleWede9617.00

12-21-2019, 09:23 PM   #5133
anglo
Libertarian
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

:;
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
SakhirM410247.00
MKSixer23515.00

12-21-2019, 09:59 PM   #5134
dsad1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Dog View Post
I've said since the election that Trump didn't so much win as Hillary lost....I know theres a lot more to it than that.
I would maybe beleive it if he didn't kill every republican candidate along the way.
Appreciate 2
Dagamus_NM1230.00
Salty Dog3525.50

12-21-2019, 10:01 PM   #5135
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
See Zimmerman telegram
      12-22-2019, 06:31 AM   #5136
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Saved for Prosterity.
The Trump campaign has definitely saved this.

"As president, would you be willing to sacrifice some of that growth, even knowing potentially that it could displace thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands, of blue-collar workers, in the interest of transitioning to that greener economy?'"

Biden answered quickly: "The answer is yes."

Joe done shot himself.

12-22-2019, 06:44 AM   #5137
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan Turbo

Garage List
Quote:
I don't think you are giving team Trump enough credit. The fact that the media talks about him nonstop is a large contributor. Negative or positive his branding is seared into the American psyche.

His campaign reached a LOT of people that don't vote. Their reasons are varied but for the most part hate the establishment and the government as a whole. A lot of nihilists and social underclass showed up that normally would never participate.

Of course the republican base showed up for the most part. Mainly because they can find enough policy issues they agree with that they look past things that they may not like. Are there a lot of never Trump republicans? Sure, but nowhere near the number of never Hillary. Combine that with the hyping of the DNC drama of Hillary burning Bernie. They managed to discourage enough to sit out. Then there was a general apathy due to the polls failing to capture those people that came out of the hills, trailer parks, and other disenfranchised locales to vote.

But yes, had the democrats put up a better candidate than Hillary it would likely be different.

Ask yourself though, would you really rather have president Bernie than Hillary? Hillary would have been pretty much status quo, Bernie wants to socialize everything. He has some good policy ideas with respect to marijuana and the prison system. But most of his ideas are so far out that congress would never go along and we would never get anything done.

Some girl and I were talking the other day and she was all for Bernie. I told her I prefer mayor Pete and she was like reeeeeeeeeeeeeee he's basically a republican. I laughed and suggested that we need somebody a little more centrist to actually get congress to do anything.

So yeah, give Trump credit to reaching these people. It isn't just the democrats why he was elected.
The thing is, every citizen is entitled to a vote regardless of how far beneath you believe they are to you. This is how the whole “deplorables” thing started.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2019, 08:27 AM   #5138
adc100
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Forester XT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post

Joe done shot himself.
Could you cite a reference to that. I have a tough believing he is that retarded.

If true that is a Trump winning campaign add..and I am a greenie (Republican-yes some of us are).
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2019, 09:45 AM   #5139
Dagamus_NM
Dirka Dirka
Rep
Drives: 14 Dinan 550i, 10 m3, 91 332iC

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1pher View Post
The thing is, every citizen is entitled to a vote regardless of how far beneath you believe they are to you. This is how the whole “deplorables” thing started.
I don't believe anybody is below or above me. If that is what you took away from what I said then you are missing the point.

Are white nationalists deplorable? I think so. Are religious extremists deplorable? Again, I think so. But what I think is not really relevant to the fact that people that have been disenfranchised from the overall political process.

I know a lot of people that hate society as a whole because they see the fake world that people live in on TV and that hate has turned them into nihilists towards a society that doesn't really exist.

Yes every citizen is entitled to a vote. Granted that vote does not have equal weight due to the electoral college as we have discussed plenty in this thread. If 130 million people voted in the last presidential election, that is less than 1/3 of the total population and still less than half of the eligible population of this country.

Trump and his campaign were able to extract votes from that non-voting group in a way that was unprecedented. When Trump talks about his historic election my knee jerk reaction is to say it isn't historic because George W. Bush had already lost the popular vote and won the electoral college. While I have no idea what Trump really means when he calls his election historic, I do have to give credit for the ability to extract votes from the non-voting block which is half of the country.

The deplorable are a very small percentage of the coalition of groups that back Trump. They are quite vocal. Stephen Miller has shaped policies based on deplorable ideologies. The Charlottesville mess was mostly these people.

I'm not saying that there are not deplorables on the other side of the political spectrum. Some girl with a mustache called me a TERF (whatever that is, something transphobic I guess) for discussing something in terms of biological male or female based on chromosomes. The skinny antifa sympathizers who just want to riot and loot are also deplorable.

But because somebody is poor, has been in prison, chooses to not go to college, or whatever does not make them deplorable. Actions and ideologies do that, and deplorable is somebody else's opinion anyhow. Well, there are a lot of self-described deplorables and if I knew them personally I would likely agree with their assessment.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2019, 09:59 AM   #5140
Dagamus_NM
Dirka Dirka
Rep

Quote:

"As president, would you be willing to sacrifice some of that growth, even knowing potentially that it could displace thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands, of blue-collar workers, in the interest of transitioning to that greener economy?'"

Joe done shot himself.
In the short term, yes. But you guys can't really cry about things in the short term given the tariffs and farm subsidies.

Who employs more people, a single coal power plant with four 300MW units or four natural gas plants that have two 150MW units each?

Machines are what are taking people's jobs primarily.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2019, 10:03 AM   #5141
///M4ster Yoda
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Quote:

Joe done shot himself.
In the short term, yes. But you guys can't really cry about things in the short term given the tariffs and farm subsidies.

Who employs more people, a single coal power plant with four 300MW units or four natural gas plants that have two 150MW units each?

Machines are what are taking people's jobs primarily.
Regardless. Those are not things you say when you are trying to win an election. Dumb

Joe is a doofus and has ZERO chance of winning.
Current Stable: '19 X3 (Wifey) '20 ZCP M4 (Mine)
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2019, 10:15 AM   #5142
wjjkoevoets
Bright Sky
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i (8AT)

Garage List
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
Actually, if it drags out, the Democrats most affected are Warren, Sanders, and Klobuchar (the senators). Which means there's a good chance the Democrats don't elect Warren or Sanders to represent them. I don't see Trump beating Buttigieg orBiden.
Biden would destroy himself before Trump would get a chance to do it. Pete would actually have a chance. He's young, sort of well spoken. But bloomberg ruined his chances and the Dems won't crown him as the nominee.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2019, 10:38 AM   #5143
Dagamus_NM
Dirka Dirka
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
Regardless. Those are not things you say when you are trying to win an election. Dumb

Joe is a doofus and has ZERO chance of winning.
We are in agreement on this.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2019, 12:32 PM   #5144
2000cs
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:

The coal plant. And the gas plants would employ more than the equivalent nameplate wind turbines, and the wind turbines would employ more than the equivalent nameplate solar farm. But the point of generating electricity isn’t to employ people, it is to be least cost. So fuel cost (which also employees people), maintenance cost, and capital cost all matter, too.

Technology makes us more efficient and productive, freeing us to do other things. Will it ultimately result in fewer jobs? I don’t know. The Man in the White Suit is a good early movie on this topic.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2019, 12:42 PM   #5145
floridaorange
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
Just leave the country and in 5 years he'll be gone Jan 21, 2025. Keep up with the fake news while you are gone on CNN TDS is a terrible disease
My cousin left DC for London
      12-22-2019, 01:22 PM   #5146
F32Fleet
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
1/3 of the Presidents since 1971 have been impeached. IMO it's a testament to a large and intrusive Federal govt.

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 2
      12-22-2019, 01:24 PM   #5147
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Totaled Toyota Celica :((

i thought we are equal; thats why we get to vote. why are voters classified.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2019, 01:25 PM   #5148
floridaorange
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

Can't most Americans agree we'd like someone else running or country? I don't mind a different Republican — just stop tweeting 24/7, acting like the office is all about you and serve our god damn country.