BPM
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

View Poll Results: Will Donald Trump be Impeached or will this blowback on Biden
Orange Trump bad. Trump gone. 83 32.30%
Trump Trump-umphant. 88 34.24%
Inclusive 18 7.00%
Biden C4'd to oblivion. 74 28.79%
Biden grows in strength and gets shot in the arm for nomination. 10 3.89%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 257. You may not vote on this poll

12-29-2019, 06:55 PM   #5281
Poiseuille
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 DCT Tanzanite/Amaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by F32Fleet View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
Quote:
Why not when you've hand picked the District Attorney?
You mean this Barr:
In November 1991, a Senate with 57 Democrats in the majority confirmed Barr as attorney general of the United States on a[COLOR="Red"] voice vote, meaning there were no objections[/COLOR]. Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Joseph Biden even praised the candidness shown by Barr as "a throwback to the days when we actually had attorneys general that would talk to you."

You may want to read this sport...wait..you won't:
https://thehill.com/opinion/judiciar...roversial-pick
I did read it, and fail to see how it relates to it counters what I implied (Barr is firmly viewed as a Trump ally yet he has been silent nor asked by Trump to comment about any investigation into Biden).
whatz this? an Attorney General who is supportive of the President who appointed him? holy wingman Batman! that's just crazy!!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
anglo56200.00
Salty Dog3524.50

12-29-2019, 07:15 PM   #5282
adc100
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Forester XT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poiseuille View Post
whatz this? an Attorney General who is supportive of the President who appointed him? holy wingman Batman! that's just crazy!!!
lol
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2019, 07:32 PM   #5283
N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

Quote:
Clinton had Reno, oboma had Lynch and Holder. No dem cried about the cohesiveness like Krazy Glue of those AGs and their CICs. But now they want to change the rules as usual.
Gee wiz the President appoints a person to be a member of his cabinet and both people share common thoughts along the lines of Constitutional law and the AG works at the pleasure of the CIC. Imagine that. Holy Wingman indeed. Lib hypocrites plain and simple. Their cheating ways are losing them more and more votes. Please, Keep it up!
"The Constitution was never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms. Samuel Adams
Appreciate 3
Salty Dog3524.50
Poiseuille4412.50

12-29-2019, 09:39 PM   #5284
F32Fleet
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanConquest View Post
Quote:
Why not when you've hand picked the District Attorney?

Problem is that his own DA wasn't interested in wasting resources on a bogus investigation. Surely if he were then Trump would ask his DA to testify about it.
From what I recall it was the State Department interfering by refusing to grant visa to the witness to come in for questioning.
The same State Dept run by a Trump supporter?
visas are applied for and approved (or not approved) at the US Embassy located in the sending country, so those decisions in that time period would have been made by Marie Yovanovitch or more likely by people working for Marie Yovanovitch.
Which the current SecSate could immediately override.

Why hasn't he if this individual has the potential to be extremely helpful?

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 1
minn196908.50

12-30-2019, 06:55 AM   #5285
adc100
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Forester XT

Quote:
Which the current SecSate could immediately override.

Why hasn't he if this individual has the potential to be extremely helpful?
For some mysterious reason you constantly vomit false information.

No one is against valid visas. But the majority of dems and shills like yourself favor any method that people use to circumvent the legal process and step ahead of folks that are trying to do it legally.

I guess b c you live in the shithole city in Cali you want all of us to live in one.

Arguing with folks like you is like sticking your dick in an unsprung mouse trap.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2019, 08:07 AM   #5286
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep
Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclast View Post
Funds were withheld in return for an indirect favor. The only thing different was one of the teams involved.
Demonstrably false.
Appreciate 1
minn196908.50

12-30-2019, 08:14 AM   #5287
dsad1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_COLD View Post
Demonstrably false.
Can you explain why it's different?

In my view, Biden withheld funds to Ukraine to get what he wanted. We have no clue why he wanted that prosecuter fired, so how is it any different?
Appreciate 1
Poiseuille4412.50

12-30-2019, 08:18 AM   #5288
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsad1 View Post
Why did Biden or his administration care about a corrupt prosecuter in the Ukraine? From when do we care about corrupt prosecuters in other countries? There are many more countries we can start withholding aid from if we care so much about their corruption.
Ukraine is a strategic partner to counter Russia. But we wanted to make sure our money was better spent in a country infamous for corruption

12-30-2019, 08:24 AM   #5289
Poiseuille
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
Quote:
Why did Biden or his administration care about a corrupt prosecuter in the Ukraine? From when do we care about corrupt prosecuters in other countries? There are many more countries we can start withholding aid from if we care so much about their corruption.
Ukraine is a strategic partner to counter Russia. But we wanted to make sure our money was better spent in a country infamous for corruption
well RD, thank you ever so much for exonerating President Trump, who even as i type this is autographing a MAGA hat that we hope arrives at your door in time for New Year's Eve.
Appreciate 7
Salty Dog3524.50
dsad11121.50
cmyx6go4267.50
MKSixer23196.50
Nuckle942.50
arkie6359.00

12-30-2019, 08:27 AM   #5290
cmyx6go
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 X6 ///M

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [0.00]
Quote:
well RD, thank you ever so much for exonerating President Trump, who even as i type this is autographing a MAGA hat that we hope arrives at your door in time for New Year's Eve.
Now this make me laugh. I almost spit out my coffee.
Run Silent13728.00
MKSixer23196.50

12-30-2019, 08:30 AM   #5291
iconoclast
Self-Deprecating Narcissist
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Audi BMW Ferrari LR MB

Quote:
Such a strategic partner that the previous administration did not provide military aid in 2014 as the WSJ reported:

"WASHINGTON—President Barack Obama stuck to his refusal to provide weapons or other lethal military gear to Ukraine, despite a passionate appeal Thursday for help in fighting pro-Russia rebels by Ukraine's president."

https://www.wsj.com/articles/ukraine...aid-1411055160

Remember when Romney was debating BO and stated that Russia is a threat... BO quipped that the 80's called and want their foreign policy back. Everyone laughed and clapped yet now that same team that stated Russia was not a threat hasn't stopped talking about what a threat they are for nearly three years.
Appreciate 10
dsad11121.50
Salty Dog3524.50
Run Silent13728.00
minn196908.50
MKSixer23196.50
gjm1201324.00
arkie6359.00

12-30-2019, 08:35 AM   #5292
Poiseuille
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
Quote:
Now this make me laugh. I almost spit out my coffee.
hey, i was being serious: we may this very morning have been witness to RD's road-to-Damascus moment.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer23196.50

12-30-2019, 08:35 AM   #5293
iconoclast
Self-Deprecating Narcissist
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Audi BMW Ferrari LR MB

Quote:
In my view, Biden withheld funds to Ukraine to get what he wanted. We have no clue why he wanted that prosecuter fired, so how is it any different?
The most probably reason is because the corrupt prosecutor would go after his son.
Appreciate 1
Salty Dog3524.50

12-30-2019, 08:41 AM   #5294
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
Can you explain why it's different?
I can - and have multiple times across several different threads.

Quote:
#1 - The VP doesn't have the power to withhold foreign aid. So, Biden didn't withhold funds, he was simply delivering the message. Did Biden have input? I'm certain he did. The reality is it wasn't his decision to make. Period.

#2 - Removing Shokin addressed battling general corruption in Ukraine, as he was WIDELY viewed as being corrupt himself, and not actually investigating corrupt companies in his country. This was well covered at the time, not some effort at revisionist history. Nearly the entire EU, plus World Bank, plus the International Monetary Fund - ALL OF THOSE PEOPLE wanted Shokin removed. Not just Biden, and not just the US. So we have lots of "clues" why we pressured Ukraine to remove him. None of them have to do with Hunter Biden's job on the Board of Burisma.

#3 - What "favor" did Trump ask for? That's right - investigating Burisma and "the Bidens", specifically. Not once in the "transcript" that was released did Trump mention any sort of general corruption in Ukraine. You figure Burisma is the only shady Ukrainian company?

#4 - If you believe the testimony, Trump went further and pressured Zelensky to publicly announce the investigation of Burisma/"the Bidens". This claim is bolstered by the fact that Pres Zelensky was supposed to appear on CNN, but canceled the appearance after this whole thing blew up in our media. How would that action benefit the USA? How would that action benefit Trump personally.

I'm sure there are other things I'm currently forgetting. But to claim these two scenarios are "the same" is flat wrong.
Appreciate 4
minn196908.50
wdb2114.50

12-30-2019, 08:50 AM   #5295
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclast View Post
The most probably reason is because the corrupt prosecutor would go after his son.
There is absolutely no data to back up that assertion.

In fact Ukraine has already announced that they have found no evidence of any wrongdoing by Hunter in his time at Burisma.

Why did the EU, World Bank and IMF want Shokin removed? They worried about Hunter's economic prospects, too?

The most probable reason is that Shokin was corrupt and intentionally NOT investigating companies that should be investigated.
Appreciate 3
minn196908.50
iconoclast4567.50

12-30-2019, 09:01 AM   #5296
dsad1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:
I can - and have multiple times across several different threads.

#1 - The VP doesn't have the power to withhold foreign aid. So, Biden didn't withhold funds, he was simply delivering the message. Did Biden have input? I'm certain he did. The reality is it wasn't his decision to make. Period.

#2 - Removing Shokin addressed battling general corruption in Ukraine, as he was WIDELY viewed as being corrupt himself, and not actually investigating corrupt companies in his country. This was well covered at the time, not some effort at revisionist history. Nearly the entire EU, plus World Bank, plus the International Monetary Fund - ALL OF THOSE PEOPLE wanted Shokin removed. Not just Biden, and not just the US. So we have lots of "clues" why we pressured Ukraine to remove him. None of them have to do with Hunter Biden's job on the Board of Burisma.

#3 - What "favor" did Trump ask for? That's right - investigating Burisma and "the Bidens", specifically. Not once in the "transcript" that was released did Trump mention any sort of general corruption in Ukraine. You figure Burisma is the only shady Ukrainian company?

#4 - If you believe the testimony, Trump went further and pressured Zelensky to publicly announce the investigation of Burisma/"the Bidens". This claim is bolstered by the fact that Pres Zelensky was supposed to appear on CNN, but canceled the appearance after this whole thing blew up in our media. How would that action benefit the USA? How would that action benefit Trump personally.

I'm sure there are other things I'm currently forgetting. But to claim these two scenarios are "the same" is flat wrong.
1. Why was Biden delivering the message? Why was it his message to deliver? Why was Biden so deep in our Ukrainian foreign policies, but not with others?

2. I don't disagree that Shokin was corrupt. That being said, there are a ton of corrupt politicians all over the world that we and other world leaders would like removed, but we don't seem to pressure countries to do it. What did Shokin do that made him so "corrupt" that we absolutely had to remove him?

What Bidens administration did to get Shokin fired is not typical protocol, and for some reason you don't care to have facts as to why they went above and beyond to get him fired. Please name one corrupt thing Shokin did that you think makes it "normal" for the administration to withhold funds from Ukraine.

None of the articles posted state what Shokin did, they all vaguely say he was corrupt. He must have done something specific that would make us want to withhold funds until he got fired.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2019, 09:25 AM   #5297
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
1. Why was Biden delivering the message? Why was it his message to deliver? Why was Biden so deep in our Ukrainian foreign policies, but not with others?
Because Obama made him the "point man" for Ukrainian diplomacy.

Quote:
2. I don't disagree that Shokin was corrupt. That being said, there are a ton of corrupt politicians all over the world that we and other world leaders would like removed, but we don't seem to pressure countries to do it. What did Shokin do that made him so "corrupt" that we absolutely had to remove him?
He was, evidently, generally hamstringing Ukraine's attempts to fight corruption across the board. That's not good for us, and it's certainly not good if we're going to continue to pump millions and millions of tax dollars into that country.

Quote:
What Bidens administration did to get Shokin fired is not typical protocol, and for some reason you don't care to have facts as to why they went above and beyond to get him fired. Please name one corrupt thing Shokin did that you think makes it "normal" for the administration to withhold funds from Ukraine.
"Biden's administration"? The Vice President doesn't set foreign policy. Again, neither does he have the power to withhold foreign aid.

Further, where's your evidence it was atypical? It seems we condition foreign aid quite frequently.

As to Shokin, do your own homework. If you're going to claim he wasn't actually corrupt and that nearly the entirety of Western Europe was setting him up, you've got a long row to hoe.

https://www.google.com/search?q=what...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Quote:
None of the articles posted state what Shokin did, they all vaguely say he was corrupt. He must have done something specific that would make us want to withhold funds until he got fired.
He must have, yes. General international consensus is enough evidence for me. If it's not for you - the whole internet is at your disposal.
Appreciate 1
      12-30-2019, 09:32 AM   #5298
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
How does this exhonerate Trump? Quite the opposite. Obama (and Biden) acted in concert with most of western Eurpoe, to combat corruption. Trump acted alone (through funky back channels) to further his political career, at odds with all other US institutions regarding corruption.

Those who appreciated his post, do you really know what this is about?????? There was nothing to appreciate in his post.
      12-30-2019, 09:36 AM   #5299
cmyx6go
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 X6 ///M

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [0.00]
Quote:

Quote:
How does this exhonerate Trump? Quite the opposite. Obama (and Biden) acted in concert with most of western Eurpoe, to combat corruption. Trump acted alone (through funky back channels) to further his political career, at odds with all other US institutions regarding corruption.

Those who appreciated his post, do you really know what this is about?????? There was nothing to appreciate in his post.
I can't speak for the others but I found the comment about an autographed MAGA hat being delivered to your door quite amusing. Surely you can see the humor.
MKSixer23196.50
Run Silent13728.00

12-30-2019, 09:38 AM   #5300
Poiseuille
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

and i thought you'd experienced a Revelation but, sadly, it appears to have only been a bad tuna sandwich.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer23196.50
Run Silent13728.00

12-30-2019, 09:50 AM   #5301
gjm120
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i

Quote:
Because Obama made him the "point man" for Ukrainian diplomacy.

Wouldn't the point man have some say over foreign aid to that country.

Someone wrote this earlier

Face it - you have TDS. Just that fact that WheelsWright and RD appreciate your posts proves that.
      12-30-2019, 09:58 AM   #5302
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjm120 View Post
Wouldn't the point man have some say over foreign aid to that country.

Someone wrote this earlier

Face it - you have TDS. Just that fact that WheelsWright and RD appreciate your posts proves that.
I guess he'll have to go to your ignore list now...........because facts don't matter to you.