Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

12-22-2013, 11:06 AM   #23
Nex
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Not May. ED will not have started.
From all the hints jason has been dropping, I think the ED program will officially start around June 21st.
Am I close jason?
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2013, 07:20 PM   #24
Suave
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: GT4 and M2 in progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF848
Im going for ED as well. If the dates and order work out I would be in.
Thanks for interest. Make sure you subscribe to thread and be on lookout for alert.
      12-23-2013, 10:37 AM   #25
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep
Drives: BMW i8; Toy 4runner TRD pro

Wow. So tempted... Life is short and all that. I hope this works out and you all take plenty of videos.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2013, 12:33 PM   #26
Suave
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stressdoc
Wow. So tempted... Life is short and all that. I hope this works out and you all take plenty of videos.
Stay in touch with thread. The itinerary will be evolving into epic status in January once we begin to announce the tentative itinerary with confirmation of ordering info from BMW. Let's just say that renting out the Ring for the day for a F8x only day with Euro chapters is being worked on for the ultimate BMW meet! tempted yet....
      12-25-2013, 03:39 PM   #27
vAnt826
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Wow, this sounds amazing. Will there be time during these days for personal ventures? Or is it a 24/7 F8X meet?
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2013, 05:15 PM   #28
Suave
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vAnt826
Wow, this sounds amazing. Will there be time during these days for personal ventures? Or is it a 24/7 F8X meet?
There will be planned activities each day which all will be optional and certainly free to do your own thing. The only event that will require commitment prior to the trip is the Ring meet due to the minimum amount of cars required to pull off a private rental. Regardless of outcome the Track time will be done.
      12-25-2013, 06:45 PM   #29
Sapper_M3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3, ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powaup
Quote:
Originally Posted by karussell View Post
PM sent. thanks.

I have just over 500 laps on the ring now. 1/3rd of them being in competition. would be glad to help with coordinating on the trip there for your group regardless of my timeline.

my idea, i have a friend that owns a castle in the area. (i'm not joking, a real castle). its converted into a very nice B&B. I used it for my last 24 Hour race there. i suggest renting that out. would make for an epic place to stage all the events around the ring.

depending on schedule and how early we can plan i can see about arranging a private rental of the track or joining with one of several private clubs to have an M3/4 only session on the track including group photos parked on the infamous karussell.

we can also double book SPA francorchamps so we can go to 2 courses back to back.

if you want i can arrange private tutoring in Netherlands at a historic F1 course. drift school also a possibility.

non track related we swing down and drive stelvio pass. romantic road.

i thin a mix of those activities would work well. many options out there. i have a ton more.
Everything you just said sounds beyond epic.

I'm a maybe for now but I'm going to try and do my best to be there with the first batch since I think it will be a more than amazing experience. I will be more definitive come January/February Once orders are being processed and the dates a clearer.
Not that it needs to be said, but I can vouch for karussel being a class-act great guy in the motorsports community.

He ran a performance driving school event in Bayreuth when I was still in Germany, and it was a great experience for someone just getting into the performance driving scene. He also went out of his way to get me and a buddy access to the pits at a race at the Nurburgring.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2013, 06:57 PM   #30
Suave
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapper_M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powaup
Quote:
Originally Posted by karussell View Post
PM sent. thanks.

I have just over 500 laps on the ring now. 1/3rd of them being in competition. would be glad to help with coordinating on the trip there for your group regardless of my timeline.

my idea, i have a friend that owns a castle in the area. (i'm not joking, a real castle). its converted into a very nice B&B. I used it for my last 24 Hour race there. i suggest renting that out. would make for an epic place to stage all the events around the ring.

depending on schedule and how early we can plan i can see about arranging a private rental of the track or joining with one of several private clubs to have an M3/4 only session on the track including group photos parked on the infamous karussell.

we can also double book SPA francorchamps so we can go to 2 courses back to back.

if you want i can arrange private tutoring in Netherlands at a historic F1 course. drift school also a possibility.

non track related we swing down and drive stelvio pass. romantic road.

i thin a mix of those activities would work well. many options out there. i have a ton more.
Everything you just said sounds beyond epic.

I'm a maybe for now but I'm going to try and do my best to be there with the first batch since I think it will be a more than amazing experience. I will be more definitive come January/February Once orders are being processed and the dates a clearer.
Not that it needs to be said, but I can vouch for karussel being a class-act great guy in the motorsports community.

He ran a performance driving school event in Bayreuth when I was still in Germany, and it was a great experience for someone just getting into the performance driving scene. He also went out of his way to get me and a buddy access to the pits at a race at the Nurburgring.
Thanks for the endorsement for Karusell! We have had a chance to talk personally and certainly a great guy Indeed and a wealth of knowledge. I am so thankful to have him on the planning team and our Ring Leader to do our best to make this work as best as possible. We are anxiously awaiting word from our Dealer when ED opens up for ordering and get this thing moving!
      12-26-2013, 03:48 PM   #31
Amigo 435i GC
Private
Rep
Drives: GT500 Super Snake

I am planning to get a M3 with ED but it would be for end of August since I have scheduled a cruise for the Baltic Sea on Sept 4....

I have three dealers in the area so I will be starting conversations as soon as the price list will be available.....

Any update info will be appreciated.

thanks,

Jorge

PS it will be my third M. The first one was M3 1994. Second a M Coupe 1999.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2013, 06:23 PM   #32
Suave
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigo M3
I am planning to get a M3 with ED but it would be for end of August since I have scheduled a cruise for the Baltic Sea on Sept 4....

I have three dealers in the area so I will be starting conversations as soon as the price list will be available.....

Any update info will be appreciated.

thanks,

Jorge

PS it will be my third M. The first one was M3 1994. Second a M Coupe 1999.
Welcome to the thread and forum! Be sure to subscribe to get latest updates.
      12-27-2013, 04:23 PM   #33
Ali.K_BMW
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 330i xDrive

Garage List
2013 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Let me know if I can be of any assistance
      12-28-2013, 12:44 AM   #34
michaelw9
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 Yas Marina Blue M4

Have not got my order in yet, but would like to do that soon and would also be interested in this!
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2013, 11:14 AM   #35
Maddict3
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 991 GT3

100% Count me in.

I have 2 deposits with 2 different dealers for the M4 I plan on doing ED.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2013, 12:44 PM   #36
Suave
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali@BMWMt.laurel
Let me know if I can be of any assistance
Ali thanks for the offer! Would be awesome if you can spread the word to your F8x buyers doing ED and sharing the thread for interest. If you can also inbox me your contact info would also appreciate your help in working with BMW NA to coordinate this event with us. Once I can line up (and we are getting close) about 15-20 folks that are firm on this. I will be moving forward with making the pitch for a day/time slot for all of us. Keeping my fingers crossed this all works out
      12-28-2013, 12:57 PM   #37
Suave
Major
United_States
Rep

17 members and counting for Group ED, who else wants in!!!

Wow we have about 17 members so far expressing firm interest from all over the USA!! Miami, Philadelphia, Dallas, LA, San Francisco, Cleveland, NY, Atlanta, Baltimore, DC and others covered! Please keep spreading the word and if you have not done so already please inbox me your contact info as we will need to start having conf calls/ emails soon to discuss preliminary plans.
      12-29-2013, 03:39 AM   #38
trucheli
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4

I would be interested in the event, but I should point out that this great idea will be conditioned on each dealer's allocation for ED. Just went thru the experience of ordering a 435i European Delivery. I won' t pay ED MSRP, and I am more than sure that the first M3/M4 ED allocations will be only sold at EDMSRP. I have done 7 EDs in a row (4 M3s), so I am making myself available for anyone who would like to get more information regarding the process and travel arrangements, hotels and places to go in Munich besides the usual tourist spots. I see a lot of potential on this idea and having someone with connections to organize a join event with clubs in Germany is a great idea. Maybe this could become a recurring event for those who want to wait until the allocation and pricing normalizes.

Last edited by trucheli; 12-30-2013 at 05:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2013, 04:35 AM   #39
Powaup
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 Supra 3.0 (Past: 2015 M23

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by trucheli View Post
I would be interested in the event, but I should point out that this great idea will be conditioned on each dealer's allocation for ED. Just went thru the experience of ordering a 435i European Delivery. I won' t pay ED MSRP, and I am more than sure that the first M3/M4 ED allocations will be only sold at EDMSRP. I have done 7 EDs in a row (4 M3s), so I am making myself available for anyone who would like to get more information regarding the process and travel arrangements, hotels and places to go in Munich besides the usual tourist spots. I see a lot of potential on this idea and having someone with connections to organize a joint event with clubs in Germany is a great idea. Maybe this could become a recurring event for those who want to wait until the allocation and pricing normalizes.

Just curious, I plan doing a 12 day trip, how much do you recommend I budget for plane/food/hotel/gas/Nurburing ? I am thinking about ~$2,500.

There was a great thread on the topic of ED budgeting but I can not find it anymore unfortunately.
      12-29-2013, 10:24 AM   #40
trucheli
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powaup View Post
Just curious, I plan doing a 12 day trip, how much do you recommend I budget for plane/food/hotel/gas/Nurburing ? I am thinking about ~$2,500.

There was a great thread on the topic of ED budgeting but I can not find it anymore unfortunately.
I just came back from a 10 day trip where I stayed mostly in Munich with 2 nights in Prague where I went by plane. My Lufthansa Ticket was $1031 and I secured the Sheraton at Arabella Park for 79 euros a night. I would say between $3000 and $4000 depending how much driving you are planning to do.
      12-29-2013, 11:48 AM   #41
Powaup
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 Supra 3.0 (Past: 2015 M23

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by trucheli View Post
I just came back from a 10 day trip where I stayed mostly in Munich with 2 nights in Prague where I went by plane. My Lufthansa Ticket was $1031 and I secured the Sheraton at Arabella Park for 79 euros a night. I would say between $3000 and $4000 depending how much driving you are planning to do.
How come you paid full price for your lufthansa tickets, my dealer told me Euro Delivery includes 2 for 1 pricing when booking tickets through Lufthansa.
      12-29-2013, 03:42 PM   #42
trucheli
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
How come you paid full price for your lufthansa tickets, my dealer told me Euro Delivery includes 2 for 1 pricing when booking tickets through Lufthansa.
Lufthansa doesn't have the 2 for 1 promotion anymore. Besides, the deal was not such a great deal anyway, you could always get a better price booking outside the 2 for 1 promotion. Also, pricing depended on the time of the year you travel. Your dealer needs to get informed before making erroneous statements.
      12-30-2013, 08:03 AM   #43
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

Quote:

Air travel

Your plane ticket is likely going to be $1000 - $1500. summer travel gets expensive. remember luggage weight limits are very low now and they are very picky on this in germany so watch out on buying too many nurburgring toasters. its 100€/$140 if you are even a little over.

Food

Even a cheap meal is 10€. 12x10x1.4=$170. water is more expensive than beer. if you are in munich just stick to beer. anyways count on a water budget or beverage budget too. up to you. to be safe i would double or triple your meal budget.

Gas

Expensive compared to USA. Its about $8.00/gallon. you need to get at least 98 Octane. this is equivalent to 93 in USA. One tank of fuel is probably $120. depends how much you drive but for your length of stay and it being an M3 that you probably want to drive quite a bit lets say $600.

Hotel

Depends how cheap you want, count on at least 70€ per night. During summer season its likely going to be higher. lets call it $120 per night. $1440.

Nurburgring

Dependent on what you want to do. you can buy a few laps. each lap is 27€. there is a slight discount if you buy 4 laps or more. remember your fuel budget will be highly variable depending on how hard you drive. The E90 M3 at full tilt would use between 1/8th and 1/4 tank of fuel in one lap.
By the way the biggest expense is if something happens to you while driving the track. keep in mind the company that manages it is broke and they will gladly take every euro you have. they will charge you for raking the gravel if you drive onto it. if you hit an armco you just bought it... and i mean if you aren't bleeding much then you are headed right to their office where they tally up your bill which can easily reach into the thousands. Of course be careful when on this track but remember shit happens. you could drive like miss daisy and hit an oil patch left by a $500 shitbox and end up part of the scenery in a flash. better to be prepared for the worst and hope for the best.

Misc.

Power Plug adapters - not cheap if you buy them in airport or best buy. best to order those on amazon. If you have some with a grounded plug then i suggest buying a grounded adapter plug. just safer that way. I have a bunch from living there. would be glad to share them if we are all going together. remember to check all your electronics you plan on taking with you and making sure they take 240V. All apple products are fine. most cameras and pc's are as well.

Toilette - you gotta pay for everything in europe. includes the restroom. on the road its about $1.00 per visit. Adds up.

Tolls - if you stay in germany this isn't a problem. plan on visiting Austria, Switzerland, France, or Italy then account for paying tolls. varies by country. If you drive from Munich to Pisa (Tuscany) tolls will be about $80 one-way.

Speeding - Speeding Cameras...Bright red flash while you are driving along. can't miss it. Germany and EU as a whole is getting more and more flamboiant with these things and at the rate they are going I wouldn't count on being able to hide back in the US if you want to drive in europe again. fines depend on your speed. if you stay under 20km/h over the limit its likely not big deal. 20-30€. don't speed in towns. speed limit in city limits (indicated by yellow city sign when you enter and same sign with a slash through it when you exit) is 50kph. huge fines if you speed in towns. there are cops with radar and its increasingly more used. those involve an on the spot fine. carry plenty of cash with you. construction areas on the autobahn are also great speed traps.

Parking - Unless you are staying at a local gasthaus (which i always prefer) then you also have to pay for parking.

Internet - Generally its free at the cheaper places now. More expensive hotels charge for everything including internet. Dorint/Lindner at the ring is 8€ for 24 hours. adds up.

Cell/Data - Prepaid you can get at electronic stores or gas stations or airports. about double the cost of equivalent US service. also count on pretty much zero 4g unless you are in major city. at the nurburgring unless you have t-mobile lucky if you get a signal.
      12-30-2013, 08:12 AM   #44
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex View Post
From all the hints jason has been dropping, I think the ED program will officially start around June 21st.
Am I close jason?
crap, hope its earlier than that!