Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

12-07-2016, 05:53 AM   #67
MaX PL
Major
Rep
Drives: M3

what about canada? is it sold there still?
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2018, 05:30 PM   #68
M3th_add1ct
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 bmw M4 zcp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt2000 View Post
I had a very hard decision to make when it came to exhaust system, there are already a ton of very high quality options available from great manufacturers! However, there has never really been a question in my mind as to who the best was. When you think about quality of construction and materials paired with a flawless, long standing reputation, Akrapovic is the clear choice!

I have an aerospace engineering background which somehow predisposes me to covet anything that is primarily constructed of Titanium! Some people may scoff at the price of this system but good God, I could crumple this thing up and still make $3k off the titanium from a scrap metal dealer! Once you have a chance to really analyze the construction, welds, design, and materials you know exactly what you are paying for...and honestly I think its actually under priced! Akropavic products also hold their value better than any other brand on the forum so you can make a good percentage of your investment back when its time to part out.

Fun fact: I can hold the midsection off the ground with one finger and the rear section with two fingers! Try that with the stock system. Also, to prevent anyone from making the same mistake as me...its pronounced a-Krop-a-vich

I ordered the system from Ilia@IND who is the best in the business when it comes to professionalism and prompt communication and even faster shipping!

Install
I've been through a lot of exhaust systems and this is the very first that I have had 'ZERO' install issues with. Every single bolt, hanger, and flange perfectly aligned with the OEM parts. It was the smoothest exhaust install I have ever done! The ease of installation is another testament to the refinement of design and engineer that Akrapovic has invested in their products!

Sound
It's no E92...but for the F80 it sounds pretty damn good. A deep gravely sound that wakes up under WOT and higher RPM to a nice pure/mellow growl. The exhaust flap control function provided by my AWRON digital gauge in the cabin allows me to manually open and close the piping through the muffler. With the flap closed the exhaust is as quiet as stock, a great feature for not pissing off the neighbors! With the flap open you get the full sound you expect with a full exhaust system...needless to say that is my default setting.

The exhaust has a lot of character, it pops/backfires between WOT shifts and whenever the ECU takes over during WOT runs and activates the EDC throttle modulation the exhaust backfires in rapid succession which sounds like a machine gun going off!

After a few track days a really cool, unexpected, thing happened. I realized the titanium tips had reacted to the thermal loading from heavy use and actually taken on a blue'd appearance...awesome!

Overall I am very satisfied with this product...I've always wanted an Akrapovic exhaust on my car and it did not disappoint. If you have the means to procure one for yourself I am sure you will feel the same way.

Is this a full system plus dps
      03-15-2018, 05:43 PM   #69
drgmt
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: M4

Great exhaust.

Close call for me but went with MPE.

Both are a little raspy to me to be honest.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2018, 07:39 PM   #70
Aapparition90
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2016 lci m3 mw

Garage List
2014 bmw 328i  [0.00]
2012 bmw 328i  [0.00]
Remus is louder imo not neccesarily better. Quick question for you technical guys
Does the Akra Evo delete the secondary cats ?
Just did a bit of google - it does delete and the whole thing is titanium which for me ranks it higher than mpe.

https://www.akrapovic.com/#!/car/pro...70&yearId=5052

Last edited by Aapparition90; 03-15-2018 at 08:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2018, 11:05 PM   #71
hellokitty
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M3 ZCP DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aapparition90 View Post
Remus is louder imo not neccesarily better. Quick question for you technical guys
Does the Akra Evo delete the secondary cats ?
Just did a bit of google - it does delete and the whole thing is titanium which for me ranks it higher than mpe.

https://www.akrapovic.com/#!/car/pro...70&yearId=5052
Yes
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2018, 05:17 AM   #72
joooiiiiii
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgicm View Post
What is the difference in lets say I buy it over here in their factory in Slovenia and ship it to my freind in the USA as "used"?
Do you know if it's cheaper in Slovenia? Or same price?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2018, 10:37 AM   #73
mrgicm
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M

Quote:
Originally Posted by joooiiiiii View Post
Do you know if it's cheaper in Slovenia? Or same price?
It is a bit cheaper but not quite. As I live 45min from Akrapovic factory.
Appreciate 1
      03-19-2018, 10:51 AM   #74
PhillyfaanM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Gray Metallic M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ZCP16 View Post
Has anyone heard or fitted an Akra to a ZCP M3? I wondering if it would be worth it given the different design of the rear section.
Just added this to my 2018 M3 ZCP and its amazing.

2018 Champaign Quartz F31 Sports Wagon | BMW 624 wheels | KW Street Coil Overs | DINAN Stage 1 v2.0 | Soul Performance Muffler delete
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2018, 10:32 PM   #75
Aapparition90
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2016 lci m3 mw

Garage List
2014 bmw 328i  [0.00]
2012 bmw 328i  [0.00]
There is no difference in installation difficulty between zcp and base. No suprise it sounds amazing on zcp phillyfan but i am not hearing overrun there ? Was the car not warm enough ?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2018, 11:11 PM   #76
hellokitty
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyfaanM3 View Post
Just added this to my 2018 M3 ZCP and its amazing.

Sounds amazing. Sounds even better once you get some heat in the titanium. Very deep and bassy.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2021, 12:44 AM   #77
hellokitty
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Any recommendation on a catless downpipe to pair up with the akra evo? Does it matter which brand if it’s just catless? Is it going to essentially be the same sound regardless of brand downpipe?
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2021, 09:33 AM   #78
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
Any recommendation on a catless downpipe to pair up with the akra evo? Does it matter which brand if it’s just catless? Is it going to essentially be the same sound regardless of brand downpipe?
I recommend the MAD downpipe, its the best value option in my opinion

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2021, 09:47 AM   #79
Info@mad-us.com
Rep

Drives: bmw

Quote:
I recommend our downpipe it has excellent fitment, flex section and lifetime warranty . Our pricing is also some of the lowest with free shipping as well.

Some installed photos in the link below.

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1785327

Have any questions please let me know!
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2021, 03:04 AM   #80
edwinm3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82

Quote:
Akra dp's are the best ones hands down, oem fitment no need to pull and twist any oem wires for the o2 sensors to reach etc. All oem perfect

Grigio Telesto M4, 6MT.
Coyote 5.0 F-150
991 GT3
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2021, 10:34 AM   #81
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwinm3 View Post
Akra dp's are the best ones hands down, oem fitment no need to pull and twist any oem wires for the o2 sensors to reach etc. All oem perfect
Akra is a great option as well as long as you don't mind the higher price. Their quality is second to none

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 1
edwinm3980.00
      07-28-2021, 04:17 PM   #82
Info@mad-us.com
Rep

Quote:
Our downpipes fit like factory and no issues with any of the o2's. Don't get me wrong Akra makes great stuff but at 5x the cost you are just getting a branded straight pipe at the end of the day.

Appreciate 0
      07-28-2021, 04:26 PM   #83
edwinm3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Info@mad-us.com View Post
Quote:
Our downpipes fit like factory and no issues with any of the o2's. Don't get me wrong Akra makes great stuff but at 5x the cost you are just getting a branded straight pipe at the end of the day.
I have akra and they're perfect, bungs line up properly at the perfect angle just like oem. Not gonna mention any brands here but had two other brands before and always had to make adjustments like not being able to clíp the o2 harness back on the factory location, having to use zip ties etc. To the person who's paying to get the install done will never get up in there to see what I'm talking about

Grigio Telesto M4, 6MT.
Coyote 5.0 F-150
991 GT3
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2021, 06:26 PM   #84
Info@mad-us.com
Rep

Quote:
I have akra and they're perfect, bungs line up properly at the perfect angle just like oem. Not gonna mention any brands here but had two other brands before and always had to make adjustments like not being able to clíp the o2 harness back on the factory location, having to use zip ties etc. To the person who's paying to get the install done will never get up in there to see what I'm talking about
No doubt there are a few brands with sub par fitment. Luckily we can offer customers on a budget a quality choice without having to deal with the issues you have stated above.

Beautiful E46 btw
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2021, 06:49 PM   #85
edwinm3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Info@mad-us.com View Post
Quote:
No doubt there are a few brands with sub par fitment. Luckily we can offer customers on a budget a quality choice without having to deal with the issues you have stated above.

Beautiful E46 btw
I agree and thanks for going the extra mile to offer a good quality product.

E46 unfortunately is no longer mine, sold it a few years back, it was a nice car, thanks for the compliment

Grigio Telesto M4, 6MT.
Coyote 5.0 F-150
991 GT3
Appreciate 1