Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > DIY and Coding Discussions

05-25-2018, 12:07 PM   #89
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtwok335 View Post
Okay thanks, so what would you recommend me to do? You see in the picture the red line. this is the gts SWFL. The Line above is the original Line.
So how can I figure out that the BTLD installed matches the GTS SWFL?
I recommend you not over complicate things. Trust E-sys knows what it is doing and proceed.

The only time you need to manually edit and force pushes if you do not get any results for changes.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2018, 06:06 AM   #90
Dtwok335
Banned
Germany
Rep
Drives: M3F80-Frozenblack-metallic

Thing is, I don't get it. I trust esys. But I didn't trust myself. Ich changed the svt myself and I just don't know if that is the right way for this gts flash.... I remember the times back with winkfp. It was clear there. You pick that zusb you want and Flash it. But in esys I have the feeling that I'm not able to chose just another software I want to flash. It feels like you need to go over it and let esys think you wanna make an update instead of flashing another software.. So you think the picture I've sent is right? No need to delete the old original Line?

Thanks for your answer and trust
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2018, 07:41 PM   #91
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Thing is, I don't get it. I trust esys. But I didn't trust myself. Ich changed the svt myself and I just don't know if that is the right way for this gts flash.... I remember the times back with winkfp. It was clear there. You pick that zusb you want and Flash it. But in esys I have the feeling that I'm not able to chose just another software I want to flash. It feels like you need to go over it and let esys think you wanna make an update instead of flashing another software.. So you think the picture I've sent is right? No need to delete the old original Line?

Thanks for your answer and trust
If the software is correct, so is the bootloader.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2018, 02:42 AM   #92
Dtwok335
Banned
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
If the software is correct, so is the bootloader.
Mhm... I'd try it if you give me your word to help me if my car does not start/drive anymore ....
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2018, 09:22 AM   #93
ssgm1x
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i & 2018 M3

I’m debating on whether or not to flash the GTS transmission remap. I have a 2018 M3 with about only 3,000 miles on it. I find the transmission to be very Clunky. I hear good things about the GTS TCU flash but do not want to take a chance on voiding my warranty. It it detectable as easily as an ecu flash is ?
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2018, 09:32 PM   #94
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgm1x View Post
I’m debating on whether or not to flash the GTS transmission remap. I have a 2018 M3 with about only 3,000 miles on it. I find the transmission to be very Clunky. I hear good things about the GTS TCU flash but do not want to take a chance on voiding my warranty. It it detectable as easily as an ecu flash is ?
It is reversible and detectable.
Appreciate 1
ssgm1x417.50
      09-29-2018, 11:37 AM   #95
Steveo
Captain
Rep
Drives: M4

Do I need to change I step shipment date and build date in FA to that of a GTS car’s build date?
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2018, 09:15 PM   #96
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
Do I need to change I step shipment date and build date in FA to that of a GTS car’s build date?
You only need to modify production date if car has older release before GTS.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2018, 01:42 PM   #97
Steveo
Captain
Rep

Hmmm,

Not sure what I’m doing wrong then.
Car is an F87 M2 LCI with shipment 17-11-540 but recently whole car updated to 18-07-531
Still using same data set 18-07-531

Connected to car, read FA and saved then edited to change type to 4S91 euro GTS. Saved.
Had to remove option 687 as error came up during calculation.
Read Actual SVT and saved.
Selected complete flash.
Done calculation and it’s looking to update just the NBT unit....

Any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2018, 10:30 PM   #98
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Done calculation and it’s looking to update just the NBT unit....

Any ideas?
Looking to code NBT with DCT transmission?
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2018, 02:22 PM   #99
Steveo
Captain
Rep

Don’t be a plank
I think it’s coming up with NBT only because I removed the 687 option...
I’m trying to do the GTS flash on EGS.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2018, 09:39 PM   #100
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I think it’s coming up with NBT only because I removed the 687 option...
I’m trying to do the GTS flash on EGS.
I doubt it has anything to do with SALAPA-Elements.

I am guessing you have a mismatch in FA. Check Type Section.

Note: Image is just to highlight section and not actual values that should be used.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-20-2018, 08:39 AM   #101
Dtwok335
Banned
Germany
Rep

Hey, just tried to do this flash by a friend of mine. He has a m4. So I've done like the description. Thing is, after calculating the SOLL SVT. It doesn't recognize any changes? How is that possible? So SVT SOLL and SVT IST are the same. But the FA is 4S91 and I chose to use the FA for calculating? Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2018, 03:46 PM   #102
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Hey, just tried to do this flash by a friend of mine. He has a m4. So I've done like the description. Thing is, after calculating the SOLL SVT. It doesn't recognize any changes? How is that possible? So SVT SOLL and SVT IST are the same. But the FA is 4S91 and I chose to use the FA for calculating? Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Has a cabrio or coupe?
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2018, 10:10 PM   #103
ACCENG
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW f82 M4

I have successfully updated (flashed) several modules on the car to be able to vo code everything to gts. I have updated DME, EPS, GHAS, DSC, and ICM to the latest version following the esys software update guide. Then I vo coded EPS, GHAS, and DSC to GTS by changing my FA to 4S93 and build date to 0717. I have tried multiple times to flash the EGS. But when I calculate under KIS/SVT Target, I am not getting any software to flash the EGS and it flashes in one second. When I do not modify the FA I get a new version to flash so not understanding what I am doing wrong. My Istep is very old F020-14-11-502, not sure if that has anything to do with the issues I am having. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Images

Last edited by ACCENG; 10-30-2018 at 07:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2018, 12:35 AM   #104
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACCENG View Post
I have tried multiple times to flash the EGS. But when I calculate under KIS/SVT Target, I am not getting any software to flash the EGS and it flashes in one second. When I do not modify the FA I get a new version to flash so not understanding what I am doing wrong. My Istep is very old F020-14-11-502, not sure if that has anything to do with the issues I am having. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Are you using modified FA in Calculation?
Appreciate 1
ACCENG22.50
      10-30-2018, 01:16 AM   #105
ACCENG
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Are you using modified FA in Calculation?
I believe so, I am doing the following:

Connecting to car, Select Comfort Mode TAL Calculating, Read and save FA, Activate FA, editing FA for GTS, saving again, calculating FP, then following the steps from E-Sys - Flashing ECU Guide.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2018, 01:40 AM   #106
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACCENG View Post
I believe so, I am doing the following:

Connecting to car, Select Comfort Mode TAL Calculating, Read and save FA, Activate FA, editing FA for GTS, saving again, calculating FP, then following the steps from E-Sys - Flashing ECU Guide.
Possible that you are trying to update to same level so not finding software. PM me SVT & FA and I will take a look.
Appreciate 1
ACCENG22.50
      10-30-2018, 05:14 AM   #107
F80Stan
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3

If your SWFL file version numbers match, for example:

SWFL_00001F70_000_056_000
SWFL_000038C1_000_056_000

You will have a hard time pushing the file on the standard way. To cheat your way around this modify the SVT actual and change the EGS4 BTLD and SWFL version numbers to anything else. Then re-run the calculation, this will allow ESYS to carry on and flash the file.
Appreciate 1
ACCENG22.50
      10-30-2018, 03:50 PM   #108
ACCENG
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Possible that you are trying to update to same level so not finding software. PM me SVT & FA and I will take a look.
Sent Pm. Thank you so much
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2018, 04:36 PM   #109
ACCENG
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F80Stan View Post
If your SWFL file version numbers match, for example:

SWFL_00001F70_000_056_000
SWFL_000038C1_000_056_000

You will have a hard time pushing the file on the standard way. To cheat your way around this modify the SVT actual and change the EGS4 BTLD and SWFL version numbers to anything else. Then re-run the calculation, this will allow ESYS to carry on and flash the file.
I tried that by just changing the last digit in each but just changed the original software number when I calculated it with no new software to flash. I seems like the only software that receives and update when I calculate is the dme which is strange (SVT_soll). File size changes drastically as well. SVT_soll calculated without the modified FA is 82kb with it modified is 3kb.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2018, 01:53 PM   #110
Imzziiee
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by packetpilot View Post
Great info. Didn't realize an I-STEP mismatch woukd prompt that from a dealership--that I-STEP forking alone could be something someone wants to do (or have done) to get latest in a more sanctioned way.

All over Ethernet via ESYS. I have ISTA but not /P. I stated with ESYS and coding a year ago and just got into the flashing updates/conversion realm about 6mo ago. Once I got ICOM emulation via ENET to work but it was painfully slow. ENET seems to be the way forward anyway, but I stress the word 'seems'.

I started with I guide online called "Upgrading ECU's on BMW F11 520d" and caution. Did a lot on my own car and learned a lot via trial and error, intuition, and consulting with the many coworkers at the time who were embedded software/hardware engineers for vehicles (presently aerospace, preciously automotive) and who also had experience with Bosch and Siemens stacks. After months of toiling and experimenting with crazier and crazier things (infineon mini wiggler and a spare MEVD and some thru-hole.magic and CAN analysis over a logic analyzer and, oh, that project went stale...) I was led down strange paths to good lessons learned involving immobilization via rolling-code mismatch and requisite subsequent battery drain, via the hood since I couldn't get to my trunk, with painters stuck to the bottom of the rear view so I'd stop setting off the alarm. Oh, the lessons learned.

After I learned enough lessons I began coding, and flashing, others' cars as a service. It's a good way to meet the local F8X guys, and do the occasional i3 or f10. Thank God for cheat codes, which I hope there will be more quality work put into, hence the cheats in the repo.

The repo is for all F+ BMW's, so feel free to start contributing anytime.

Is it possible you could help me learn to code? all this i very good at coding computer programs but I know coding a car is different. im not looking to really program but more coding and doing the GTS Flashs. Even if you decide not to just give me a reply letting me know thnks.
Appreciate 0