Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

05-20-2016, 04:45 PM   #45
RocketBoots
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Horse Drawn Carriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by exo-shell View Post
There is a new product coming out for DCT users that regret their life choices. It's infinitely easier to install. Looks great and has the same great feel of the Ultimate Clutch Pedal on 6MT cars.

It's Friday.

That's so fake.

The real one is made out of carbon fiber and has the ///M logo. Geez
Appreciate 1
      10-12-2016, 07:27 PM   #46
x.shell
▆ ✚✚   ▆▆▆▆▆▆
Rep
Drives: ▋ ▉▉

Okay, I finally got around to installing my Ultimate Clutch Pedal a few days ago.

Thank you to RocketBoots for the information on installing it. It's true that you should bolt in the springs before sliding it on to the master cylinder. The install itself is not very difficult but it's very tight down there and hard to see. I'm surprised RocketBoots got the pics he did.

In terms of feel, it's VERY different and solid. Of the 3 spring settings, I went with the middle. This puts the clutch pedal at about the same level of the brake when it's depressed. The slop of the OEM never really bothered me, but if it bothers you, the Ultimate Clutch Pedal pretty much eliminates it.

Overall, a great product and I recommend it to anyone who's curious.
Appreciate 1
Richy Rich3169.00
      10-12-2016, 10:32 PM   #47
TurboAL47
Colonel
Philippines
Rep
Drives: M4 / X5

Garage List
so curious!!! it's on my to do list....just not sure when. wish you guys were local.

'22 G82 M4 - Individual Marina Bay Blue 6MT | MBB G82 Ongoing Build Thread
'21 AW G05 X5 xDrive40i MSport

'15 SS/SO F82 - M4 - SOLD| Industry City Shoot
'08 AW E92 - 335xi - SOLD[/b] | Mods and Photoshoot
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2016, 10:31 AM   #48
RocketBoots
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Okay, I finally got around to installing my Ultimate Clutch Pedal a few days ago.
That only took, what, 6-8 months? I shouldn't talk though; it took me a year to install some of my audio upgrade. Literally, a year.

Quote:
I'm surprised RocketBoots got the pics he did.
Sometimes, I amaze even myself (which is not that hard). It's all about the lighting. I stuck a little LED light behind there, and took the pic with my phone, which was small enough to fit.

Glad to hear you like it. I thought it was a worthwhile upgrade. I've kept mine in the middle position as well.
Appreciate 1
x.shell6578.50
      10-13-2016, 10:35 AM   #49
RocketBoots
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboAL47 View Post
so curious!!! it's on my to do list....just not sure when. wish you guys were local.
Time for a road trip to Cali? Seriously though, in the land of $10k wheels, $5k exhausts, and $4k Coilovers, what's a few hundred bucks, for something that could improve the engagement and driving experience? And you'd use it probably a million times.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2016, 10:39 AM   #50
TurboAL47
Colonel
Philippines
Rep
Drives: M4 / X5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketBoots View Post
Time for a road trip to Cali? Seriously though, in the land of $10k wheels, $5k exhausts, and $4k Coilovers, what's a few hundred bucks, for something that could improve the engagement and driving experience? And you'd use it probably a million times.
if i go to cali, i'm hitting you up. good thing i don't have any of those things you mentioned, lol.

there's gotta be someone in nyc with this installed. anyone? i need to know what i'm missing.

'22 G82 M4 - Individual Marina Bay Blue 6MT | MBB G82 Ongoing Build Thread
'21 AW G05 X5 xDrive40i MSport

'15 SS/SO F82 - M4 - SOLD| Industry City Shoot
'08 AW E92 - 335xi - SOLD[/b] | Mods and Photoshoot
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2016, 10:52 AM   #51
SROC3
The limit of adhesion is my home.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a Boss.

Quote:
There is a new product coming out for DCT users that regret their life choices. It's infinitely easier to install. Looks great and has the same great feel of the Ultimate Clutch Pedal on 6MT cars.

It's Friday.

10-28-2016, 03:21 PM   #52
jstnstr
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 M340xi

Quote:

Thank you to RocketBoots for the information on installing it. It's true that you should bolt in the springs before sliding it on to the master cylinder. The install itself is not very difficult but it's very tight down there and hard to see. I'm surprised RocketBoots got the pics he did.

In terms of feel, it's VERY different and solid. Of the 3 spring settings, I went with the middle. This puts the clutch pedal at about the same level of the brake when it's depressed. The slop of the OEM never really bothered me, but if it bothers you, the Ultimate Clutch Pedal pretty much eliminates it.

Overall, a great product and I recommend it to anyone who's curious.
Does it help reduce that biphasic feeling of the clutch pedal along its travel? I hate how the helper spring makes it suddenly easier to depress halfway through the pedal's range of motion. I would greatly prefer a progressive increase in resistance as the pedal is pushed to the floor.

| Previous: 18 M3 ZCP | 17 M3 6MT | 15 M235i |
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2016, 03:44 PM   #53
x.shell
▆ ✚✚   ▆▆▆▆▆▆
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstnstr View Post
Does it help reduce that biphasic feeling of the clutch pedal along its travel? I hate how the helper spring makes it suddenly easier to depress halfway through the pedal's range of motion. I would greatly prefer a progressive increase in resistance as the pedal is pushed to the floor.
Biphasic. I had to look that one up.

It does indeed reduce the biphasic feeling. It takes a bit of getting used to at first.

I did come up with a complaint regarding this pedal though. For some reason, the rev-matching is now inconsistent. Some times, it'll rev when the stick reaches the gate (as it should), other times it'll rev after I put it in the gate, and still other times, it won't rev match at all. It's very inconsistent... kind of like notifications on bimmerpost.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2016, 03:50 PM   #54
te37
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 SS/SO 6MT

It has taken me a year to get the feel for the F80 clutch pedal. Now my E46 M3 took all of a week to get used to the clutch. Don't like the soft mushy clutch on the F80, I guess it is easier on the daily user... which is me lol
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2016, 04:23 PM   #55
JamesGames
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E60 550i|F82 M4|F48 X1|VA STi

Quote:

It does indeed reduce the biphasic feeling. It takes a bit of getting used to at first.

I did come up with a complaint regarding this pedal though. For some reason, the rev-matching is now inconsistent. Some times, it'll rev when the stick reaches the gate (as it should), other times it'll rev after I put it in the gate, and still other times, it won't rev match at all. It's very inconsistent... kind of like notifications on bimmerpost.
Wonder if there is a sensor that monitors the distance of clutch pedal being depressed in order for the revmatch to occur..
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2016, 04:46 PM   #56
jstnstr
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 M340xi

Quote:
Quote:

Haha. Sorry about that. I'm in work mode, I suppose one would not have heard that term unless they had studied EKGs. That's interesting about the rev matching because I definitely would like to maintain that function. It may have something to do with the lower resting position of the clutch?

| Previous: 18 M3 ZCP | 17 M3 6MT | 15 M235i |
Appreciate 1
      10-28-2016, 06:13 PM   #57
x.shell
▆ ✚✚   ▆▆▆▆▆▆
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGames View Post
Wonder if there is a sensor that monitors the distance of clutch pedal being depressed in order for the revmatch to occur..
Quote:
Haha. Sorry about that. I'm in work mode, I suppose one would not have heard that term unless they had studied EKGs. That's interesting about the rev matching because I definitely would like to maintain that function. It may have something to do with the lower resting position of the clutch?
I'm not sure what the issue is, but I'd definitely like to know.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2016, 10:27 PM   #58
RocketBoots
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm not sure what the issue is, but I'd definitely like to know.
Hmm... that is interesting. I've honestly never, ever had that issue. The only thing I can think of is if it has anything to do with the clutch stop. Because the UCP rests lower, when you depress the clutch all the way, it basically comes up against the carpet. Also, when I shift, I always push the clutch until it hits the stop.

I do drive in sport + a lot of the time... but I also use sport a lot too.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2016, 01:55 PM   #59
Celestion
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '22 M3 Comp

I wonder if this metal clutch pedal is more likely sever your leg in a high speed frontal collision.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2016, 07:45 PM   #60
x.shell
▆ ✚✚   ▆▆▆▆▆▆
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestion View Post
I wonder if this metal clutch pedal is more likely sever your leg in a high speed frontal collision.
I thought long and hard about that possibility. But then I thought that I should live dangerously like a proper M bro. I also have a greater chance of losing my eyeballs from the dash camera I installed. I'm a proper dare devil.

But I made sure to bubble wrap my pedals and steering wheel in the family car. Just because I'm asking for death doesn't mean I have to put my family in danger.

Sorry the huge eye roll gif was too large to embed.
Appreciate 2
Richy Rich3169.00
Rokoz293.00
      02-08-2017, 10:50 AM   #61
Draper
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp / Macan Turbo

Finally got around to doing this last night, and man is it a cozy place to work.

Big thanks to the OP for the over-center spring tip. I ended up attaching that before the master cylinder, which worked great, but then after driving a bit decided to adjust the spring position. For fun, I tried moving the spring with the cylinder still attached and quickly confirmed there was literally no way to do it without disconnecting the cylinder.

Overall the pedal is awesome. The resting position is so much better, and the amount of travel is just perfect. Highly recommend!
      02-10-2017, 05:34 PM   #62
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savory View Post
My main complaint test driving the F80 was the super light clutch. Does this add more heft to the pedal?
The pedal pressure can be adjusted, soft, medium and firm.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2017, 03:18 PM   #63
mokio
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i | Monaco Blue | 6MT

Garage List
Am I the only one that is having issues with removing the plastic push pin per the instructions on step 3?

http://bd8ba3c866c8cbc330ab-7b26c6f3...structions.pdf

Spent an hour trying to get that push pin out using the instructions, attempting it with a flat head. Still no success. Space is very tight for sure but I'm surprised I can't find any additional information on this.

(I'm trying to install it in an N54 135I)
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2017, 08:20 AM   #64
ryank382
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, Z4 M Roadster

Seems like ECS tuning has the cheapest price on this. Everywhere else is more money. Anyone know if there are different versions I should be aware of or just go ahead and order?
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2017, 10:39 AM   #65
RocketBoots
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryank382 View Post
Seems like ECS tuning has the cheapest price on this. Everywhere else is more money. Anyone know if there are different versions I should be aware of or just go ahead and order?
Only one version. Go ahead and order it; you'll ask yourself why you didn't do it ages ago.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2017, 11:03 AM   #66
ryank382
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, Z4 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketBoots View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryank382 View Post
Only one version. Go ahead and order it; you'll ask yourself why you didn't do it ages ago.
Awesome thanks for the reply! Ordering today
Appreciate 0