Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs)

09-15-2016, 11:50 AM   #1
Brasko
#LSBM3
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M3

Garage List
Gtechniq & XPEL

After searching this forum (and the web) I couldn't find too much on Gtechniq & XPEL combo. Seems like majority of people go with CQuartz or Opticoat with XPEL. Thought it would be a good idea to ask forum members their thoughts before proceeding.

I've had great results using Gtechniq CSL & EXO and wanted to apply it to a new vehicle. This time around I'd like to wrap the high-impact areas with XPEL Ultimate first.

Does anyone have any experience with Gtechniq CSL or C1 applied to XPEL Ultimate? Can I top off with Gtechniq EXO? What are the main differences between CSL and C1?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

/// M3
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2016, 01:38 AM   #2
yocubed
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 G83 M4

Garage List
2022 G83 M4  [10.00]
So I had my detailer (Insane Paint Auto Detailing) put Gtechniq Crystal Serum Black on my M3 when I first bought it layering it over full front Xpel Ultimate. CS black is crystal serum with a top coat of EXO. If given the choice again I would do it all over the same way. CS black makes it super easy to wash the car and I now have about 13000 miles and a years worth of driving with it and it still performs just like it did on day 1. I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. Hope this helps.

Appreciate 1
Brasko1420.00
      09-16-2016, 09:59 AM   #3
Brasko
#LSBM3
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by yocubed View Post
So I had my detailer (Insane Paint Auto Detailing) put Gtechniq Crystal Serum Black on my M3 when I first bought it layering it over full front Xpel Ultimate. CS black is crystal serum with a top coat of EXO. If given the choice again I would do it all over the same way. CS black makes it super easy to wash the car and I now have about 13000 miles and a years worth of driving with it and it still performs just like it did on day 1. I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. Hope this helps.
Thank you for the input. This is exactly what I needed to hear. Thought about going with the CS Black, but the DIY aspect of C1, CSL & EXO is enticing.

/// M3
Appreciate 0