Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

02-18-2024, 07:46 AM   #1
F80manz
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 M4 Comp 6MT

Night Runners Performance Exhaust: The best sounding catback??

Just got my hands on the Night Runners Performance stainless equal length valved exhaust this past weekend and all I have to say about the sound is wow. Absolutely 0 drone in the cabin, and no rasp at all. In my opinion this sounds much better than other options out there. Especially than other valved options.

I took a few videos of the install and some revs linked below. More to come.

Appreciate 0
      02-18-2024, 09:48 PM   #2
LandonLiftz
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 2018

Not my cup of tea personally maybe I prefer more rasp this has zero very deep but sounds like it’s not that loud sounds almost stock without the burbles? Especially if this is a 2k exhaust system again for someone this might be perfect but hmmm idk videos never do it justice
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2024, 09:49 PM   #3
LandonLiftz
Private
United_States
Rep

Hmm this is weird i see it’s equal length but without burbles this just sounds like stock valves open? Any other clips filmed on a different device
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2024, 11:29 PM   #4
ck_M3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3

Sounds better without the burbles. Reminds me of my setup: AA resonated single midpipe with high-flow cats.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2024, 08:24 PM   #5
F80manz
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandonLiftz View Post
Not my cup of tea personally maybe I prefer more rasp this has zero very deep but sounds like it’s not that loud sounds almost stock without the burbles? Especially if this is a 2k exhaust system again for someone this might be perfect but hmmm idk videos never do it justice
I personally don't like rasp at all haha. Especially the type you get on most of the exhausts for the s55. Not sure what you're listening on but with proper speakers, it sounds good. I'll try to get a db reading.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2024, 08:47 PM   #6
LandonLiftz
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F80manz View Post
I personally don't like rasp at all haha. Especially the type you get on most of the exhausts for the s55. Not sure what you're listening on but with proper speakers, it sounds good. I'll try to get a db reading.
Yes there’s zero rasp on yours I was watching last night late volume not all the way up it sounds really good going thrue that tunnel, but that does enhance it a lot for me it sounds like your not really reving it like maybe to 3k-4k rpm’s damn those burbles are loud thoe and I love burbles but holy shit 😂 honestly I might just be a outlier because mine is fully straight piped and catless valves open 24/7 and sometimes I think it’s quiet idk thoe so take what I say with a grain of salt
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2024, 06:12 PM   #7
F80manz
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandonLiftz View Post
Yes there’s zero rasp on yours I was watching last night late volume not all the way up it sounds really good going thrue that tunnel, but that does enhance it a lot for me it sounds like your not really reving it like maybe to 3k-4k rpm’s damn those burbles are loud thoe and I love burbles but holy shit 😂 honestly I might just be a outlier because mine is fully straight piped and catless valves open 24/7 and sometimes I think it’s quiet idk thoe so take what I say with a grain of salt
Lmao yeah wasn't flooring cause I'm on winters right now. They do not hold power well haha.
Appreciate 0