R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

08-04-2016, 06:48 PM   #23
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Golf R Mk8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills2 View Post
To be fair to Sutcliffe he likes them all, which is pretty good for him.

In terms of which is or isn't quicker, on such a small track with lets face it similarly powerful cars in terms of PTWR RWD etc... it's never going to be that different, you'd need a longer track like Silverstone or Spa not just more laps to get a better reflection of the difference.

Exactly.

But if you want to see proper fast times for this circuit........

But bear in mind these cars are 2-3 times more than the price of an M3/4.

Current:
Golf R Mk8
Previous:
Golf R Mk7.5
Mercedes AMG C63 S Coupe
F80 M3 Competition Pack
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2016, 01:14 PM   #24
gtsussex
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: SMB M3 CP with lots of carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills2 View Post
To be fair to Sutcliffe he likes them all, which is pretty good for him.

In terms of which is or isn't quicker, on such a small track with lets face it similarly powerful cars in terms of PTWR RWD etc... it's never going to be that different, you'd need a longer track like Silverstone or Spa not just more laps to get a better reflection of the difference.
Honestly I couldn't care about which is faster round there. I've driven Llandow enough times to know that it's not really worth worrying about times. You'd be quite surprised with the time I set in a Fiesta 1.25 Festival round there

What annoys me is the sloppy presentation of the video. Why not explain what modes he uses and why - rather than leave everyone to wonder? It's not like it's the first time Sutcliffe has met this criticism yet they always dismiss it.

As said, at least for once he's going to like a BMW because he has little option

No question he's a good wheelman but my respect for him as a journalist has gone out of the window - it's all about show these days. Shame.
San Marino Blue M3 Competition Package with Carbon tat, ACS RS suspension, uprated brakes, 'modded' exhaust and a weeny bit more power courtesy of JF Automotive; M235i Convertible with ACS Sports Suspension; Disco 5 HSE Lux
Appreciate 0