ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

04-17-2015, 12:58 PM   #23
Zeroblade
Explodes on impact
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Mazda3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKParris View Post
I am thinking about it. If they would have sent me the flyer about 3 weeks ago I would be a for sure...but with my car already ordered I have a few other things I could spend the $750 on.
If you ordered your car then don't pay for the Clinic. Instead I would ask for Performance Center delivery. You'll pretty much get the same thing at no cost. You'll need to go to North Carolina to pick up your car and drive back. Consider it part of a good break in period.

*work in progress*
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2015, 07:56 PM   #24
MKParris
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3CX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroblade View Post
If you ordered your car then don't pay for the Clinic. Instead I would ask for Performance Center delivery. You'll pretty much get the same thing at no cost. You'll need to go to North Carolina to pick up your car and drive back. Consider it part of a good break in period.
thanks I am doing PCD...but I would have liked a few extra hours behind the wheel at a semi-track.

I think I will still go for the free part of the event though.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2015, 01:04 PM   #25
mikeyr0x
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 21 x5, 22 m550

Here is a little review of my experience at the Ultimate Driving Experience (UDE) Car Control Clinic (CCC).

The event was at Hialeah park in Miami. Upon pulling into the parking lot you are greeted by a nice porter telling you where to park. Extra special spots to M owners .

Walk up, register, they give you a nice lanyard w/ badge and my day started at 9:30am. I had about 30 mins to kill so I walked around and checked out shit. Its a classy event and BMW doesnt compromise quality one bit. It is very much a marketing event, people can come in and drive different models and look at all of the optional m performance accessories most cars had m perf exhaust, cf tips, all of the goodies. Everything is strategically placed. I started to desire m perf parts that I didnt think I necessarily needed in the past. Especially seeing them on YMB. Anyways...

M perf wheel. Mmm. I asked them to grab the key I wanted to see all of the lights and the little oled screen. Have been wanting to see this for awhile. M perf exhaust with CF tips, zexy. The sonoma beige/black full leather is beautiful and needs to be seen in person.

Sat in this thing. Loss for words. Its beautiful.

Intro, couple sides. Hey, those cars look familar. By this time im coffee'd up and listening. Kevin who is in this picture is a real cool guy, hes often at the performance center in SC. He gave me some nice tips throughout the day.

Heres the agenda for the day. The activities build into eachother.
We are split into 2 teams and paired with 1 buddy for the day to alternate driving positions in the activities alongside the instructor sitting with you.

Its important for me to mention that the instructors are ALL super nice, knowledgable and all very professional. All very cool people. All very passionate about what they do. Not a single instructor appeared like they didnt give a shit. They all were 100% about everyone learning as much as possible and having a great time. Kevin, Eli, and I cant remember everyone elses names. These guys are top notch. They motivate you to push the cars very hard and give you clear precise tips all day while you are driving. Nearly all of them have professional racing experience, one girl instructor who was with us was a nominee for female stunt drive of the year for need for speed. These people are awesome and if any are reading this message, THANK YOU FOR BEING YOU.

Day starts, I think this was the breaking exercise. Test braking stopping distance at 30/40/60mph. About 5 car lengths topping at 60 mph if i'm remembering correctly. Starting the day of burning some rubber here. The location for the event was at this really old (abandoned?) horse racing complex that Sinatra and other big timers would come to back in the day. The parking lot had the shittiest concrete, lol. It was like a cheese grader. They said they would go through about 250 tires in the week or so here. Bad ass.

Here is a view of the main course.

Here is another pic of our toys for the day. In all we had about 4-5 M3's, 1 M4, 5 M235i's, and 2 228i's for the skid pad exercise. This pic was taken at the skid pad exercise. They basically affix these 2 kevlar tire covers to the rear wheels to simulate 2% traction. In this exercise we did ovals and figure 8's between cones on a wet parking lot. SUPER FUN.

Some nice burnt up tires.

Timed Autocross. I think I did like some 20 and 21's. Didnt give a shit about the time I was just having so much fun.

Accident avoidance, sitting in the back for this one was like being in a martini shaker per Eli our instructor. Thanks to Mike for taking these vids for me.

One other important thing to mention, the m235i is an awesome car. I didnt appreciate it before the day at the CCC. It is super fun and I have a lot of respect for it. We did the Slalom and few other events with it. Its nimble and a very fun car. The m2 is going to be a great car.

I was basically smiling and going hmph hmph all day long like beavis and buttead. It was super fun.

They said something later in the day 1 out of 8 people that come to these events ends up buying/leasing a new BMW in the next 6 months. They give you a $1000 voucher towards a new BMW thats good for 6 months after the UDE. BMW has been doing these events since 1998 so in almost 20 years they have it completely figured out. Either way, the CCC is a complete STEAL for a new or previous gen M owner and even any bmw enthusiast looking to gain some new tactics on the road and interested in the opportunity beat the shit out of BMWs program new cars. I went into the event saying to myself that I am going to beat the shit out of these cars (to learn the full potential of mine) and I finished the day happy that I successfully did that in a controlled supervised instructed manner and picked up some new skills while doing so.

So, you should check this out the CCC if:
You like to drive hard but want to know more limits of the car
You want to pickup some new tactics to make you a better driver
You want to go to m school some day
You havent had any professional driving instruction
This event is coming to a city nearby

I will be doing m school in the next 6-12 months and cant wait. Cant wait to become an even better driver and find out more of the potential of these amazing automobiles we are so privileged to be driving.

PM with any questions ill be happy to answer. Some additional pics/videos on my flickr. Thanks for reading!https://www.flickr.com/photos/mikeyr...57652447912100
pics

Last edited by mikeyr0x; 05-15-2015 at 01:11 PM..
Appreciate 2