proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > CENTRAL/SOUTH AMERICA

10-29-2020, 10:58 PM   #3763
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
For those not keeping track on the provenance of the Hunter Biden story:

(1.) The NY Post author who wrote it refused having their byline on it
(2.) Person whose byline is on it says it's not true
(3.) No other media outlets besides NY post (and sorta Fox) would publish it
(4.) The Wall Street Journal's news division bitch-slapped their opinion page over it
(5.) And it turns out the "intelligence" was written by an author who doesn't exist employed by a fake intelligence firm:
Appreciate 2
minn1914021.00
Lups11824.50
      10-30-2020, 09:03 PM   #3764
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Check this shit out
Appreciate 2
minn1914021.00
Lups11824.50
      10-30-2020, 09:05 PM   #3765
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Check this shit out
That is.... very interesting... o.O
      10-31-2020, 01:07 AM   #3766
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
That one time you 2020'd the chocolate fountain
Appreciate 3
Arcades8165.00
minn1914021.00
Lups11824.50
      10-31-2020, 05:18 PM   #3767
Captain Blood
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi S3....don't judge me

Garage List
2016 Audi S3  [9.50]
2012 135  [6.83]
Quote:
For those not keeping track on the provenance of the Hunter Biden story:

(1.) The NY Post author who wrote it refused having their byline on it
(2.) Person whose byline is on it says it's not true
(3.) No other media outlets besides NY post (and sorta Fox) would publish it
(4.) The Wall Street Journal's news division bitch-slapped their opinion page over it
(5.) And it turns out the "intelligence" was written by an author who doesn't exist employed by a fake intelligence firm:
Wait........hunter didn't leave his laptop for repair and abandoned it? What in the name of John Solomon is going on??
Appreciate 3
GrussGott18140.00
minn1914021.00
Lups11824.50
      11-01-2020, 12:18 AM   #3768
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Trump is going to “win” re election and holy eff...........
Appreciate 1
Lups11824.50
      11-01-2020, 03:44 AM   #3769
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
I am worried about this too.

Even as a lot of people have already submitted their votes, I am not sure if there are enough to unseat Trump. I do not trust any of the polls.
minn1914021.00
Lups11824.50
      11-01-2020, 11:27 AM   #3770
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcades View Post
Porsche’s Sport Chrono gives you the option of Sport+ and the ability to setup a setting you preferred. Basically, it is like giving you our (BMW) version of the M1/M2 button. Instead of two, Porsche gives you that 1 setting you can personally configure to your liking. So, it gives you Sport+ for everything available as well as launch control.

I am sure you have guessed, Sport+ on the Macan GTS (or most Porsche cars that isn’t GT that makes you buy Sport’s Chrono), it basically makes the PDK shift at redline only. Unlike regular Sport mode, it shifts late, but it won’t shift at redline. It would be akin to our BMW D3 Sport Plus mode for our F8x cars. It also rejiggers the PASM on the Macan GTS (GTS comes with Porsche’s Air Suspension as standard) to be on the firm end but it probably won’t be like our M when BMW just seem to never get their dampening or rebound correct.

I also been reading that the Sport+ mode for the PDK also makes it so it won’t ease the torque when it auto shifts, so it is very aggressive and hard when it shifts. I don’t have this on our S, so I can’t tell you how it feels. I did order it with our upcoming GTS but I don’t have the car yet so, I can’t really tell you that either lol.

Pedal response wise, it goes from heavy to slightly lighter with an obvious sharper pedal response. You can also easily tell the car is a dual clutch and not a traditional auto due to the car’s shifting behavior. As, all DCT cars have a certain behavior when it shifts at low revs/low gear. Porsche managed to soften this annoyance when it’s in it’s Comfort/Normal setting but it’s extremely diluted and lags the tranny a lot. Our Macan S has a LOT of turbo lag on its Normal setting, it’s far less noticeable on its Sport setting. The configurability of it isn’t as extensive as our M though. You gain the little button dial on your steering, which is how you choose by rotating the dial. Engine Response & Tranny, and Chassis (Suspension).

I prefer to get my hands on it to fully understand it myself. I know it also gives you a Sports Response option. Which, it gives you 20 seconds of Sport+ for… hooligan reasons. Is it an absolutely necessity for the Macan GTS? No, I wouldn't say so but I would say it is extremely high up option wise. Since the Macan GTS is the sport oriented version of the car, I would option it in. Now, if you are getting a Macan S or Macan Turbo, then the Sports Chrono Package isn't necessary. I remember you have the habit of liking to shift on your own, so having Sport+ with Manual Shifting is probably more ideal for you. However, keep in mind Porsche never changed the gear lever so it's still backwards on the Macan for some reason. What I mean by this is, Pushing Forward is to Shift Up, Pulling Back is Shifting Down. They (Porsche) finally fixed this annoying backwards crap on the Cayman, Boxster, 911 but never on the Macan for some reason.

P.S. https://www.macanforum.com/threads/n...ehavior.71713/
Maybe I’m miss reading you here, but I thought all Porche GTS models have sport chrono standard? I’ve read a lot of people say that it is a must option on any Porsche.

Thanks for the write up, interestingly AMG/MB do this similarly where they give you one individual slot to setup your favorite ride settings. It’s a dial and a button you can push for your individual settings. They also use that dial set traction control from 1-10/full on or off. That is pretty cool actually and works very well. I’ve never understood why BMW sucks at traction control modes, maybe it’ll be different on the beaver Ms.
Appreciate 1
Arcades8165.00
      11-01-2020, 02:50 PM   #3771
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Maybe I’m miss reading you here, but I thought all Porche GTS models have sport chrono standard? I’ve read a lot of people say that it is a must option on any Porsche.

Thanks for the write up, interestingly AMG/MB do this similarly where they give you one individual slot to setup your favorite ride settings. It’s a dial and a button you can push for your individual settings. They also use that dial set traction control from 1-10/full on or off. That is pretty cool actually and works very well. I’ve never understood why BMW sucks at traction control modes, maybe it’ll be different on the beaver Ms.
The GTS cars do tend to have the Sports Chrono as standard, though I think some have that exception like the Macan GTS doesn't have it as standard but the rest of the line up does seem to. I don't know why that is the case honestly.

Then the GT cars like GT3, GT4 have Chrono Package, which is basically a lap timer and some other stuff instead of the selectors because Porsche firmly believes they have the goldilocks settings for you already. Though I do agree with this mainly because I never needed to change up my steering on the Macan we have, I think it's set perfectly. I so rarely change out of Comfort on my M3, sometimes in Sport but I find that annoyingly heavy for street and parking lot use. With our Macan, I never thought it was too heavy on the parking lot, or too loose when I am driving on the freeway.

Last edited by Arcades; 11-01-2020 at 02:57 PM..
Appreciate 1
minn1914021.00
      11-01-2020, 03:09 PM   #3772
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Appreciate 3
Arcades8165.00
minn1914021.00
Lups11824.50
      11-01-2020, 03:50 PM   #3773
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
With our Macan, I never thought it was too heavy on the parking lot, or too loose when I am driving on the freeway.
Arcades is this shit true for the macan???

* You have to buy a battery tender if the car sits more than a week

* Maintenance!!!!
"Combining 2019 & 2020 maintenance costs, I have paid $10K just to keep the vehicle in good working order.

The big hits of that $10K were:
$2K for brakes, front & rear.
$3K for thermostat housing.
$1K for battery"

WTF?
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2020, 05:30 PM   #3774
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
With our Macan, I never thought it was too heavy on the parking lot, or too loose when I am driving on the freeway.

* Maintenance!!!!
"Combining 2019 & 2020 maintenance costs, I have paid $10K just to keep the vehicle in good working order.

$1K for battery"

[COLOR="Blue"]WTF?
[/COLOR]
No.

Wtf? That was person either beats the hell out of his car or he has a weird one. You don't need to change you pads that early. None of that makes sense to me.

Aside from our annual maintenance, I never had to change our battery or 2k for brakes?

Most Porsche owners forgo the maintenance package so, they pay a lot out of pocket.

First year maintenance was $700ish
Second year was a bit more at $1,500ish
Third not sure yet as that is in a few months but we probably would be in our GTS at that point.
GrussGott18140.00
      11-01-2020, 07:35 PM   #3775
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
Oh I would also point out.

I was in Taiwan for two and a half weeks. Our Macan S was perfectly fine when we got home. No issues.

That post I saw, the person was clearly new to the brand and sadly a lot of dealerships would hike prices on you if you don't check. Yes, a dealership doing simple maintenance is extremely expensive because more than half of the cost actually goes to the tech doing it. I can actually show you since I keep my maintenance records.

P.S. I would get the maintenance thing to just cover your yearly maintenance. That way you don't pay it when it comes time. For those of us coming from BMW, where 3 years are paid for and covered it is a bit of a shock to see it but, most Porsche are reliable without many issues. That CPO car you posted should have had those covered, I find it weird it wasn't. Especially the battery.

We had one issue with our battery after my mom was pointing out one or two random error codes but that was discovered that the battery it wasn't being charged completely due to my mother's extremely short drive to work. The car has no time re-charge itself. Since I drive the car a lot, it hasn't been much of an issue since.

Last edited by Arcades; 11-01-2020 at 07:41 PM..
Appreciate 2
minn1914021.00
GrussGott18140.00
      11-02-2020, 02:19 AM   #3776
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
First year maintenance was $700ish
Second year was a bit more at $1,500ish
Third not sure yet as that is in a few months but we probably would be in our GTS at that point.
got it - that's steep, though I think 1st year is covered now so it'd be that 2nd year ... i'm hearing indy shops are about 50% discount. My concern is we plan to use the car for long term travel so I'm not sure what towns we'd be in ...

Got any knowledge of special deals on an S? if I could get 10% off I think I would go that route (or on a turbo)
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2020, 02:24 AM   #3777
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
got it - that's steep, though I think 1st year is covered now so it'd be that 2nd year ... i'm hearing indy shops are about 50% discount. My concern is we plan to use the car for long term travel so I'm not sure what towns we'd be in ...

Got any knowledge of special deals on an S? if I could get 10% off I think I would go that route (or on a turbo)
Yeah, considering I am used to my father's Prius (not over $200 usually) and not paying anything for my BMWs these past few years. And yeah, first time is covered, I just remember seeing the numbers.

I can ask my contacts with DTLA Porsche and see what they tell me. I cannot promise anything but they should be more willing if they know you are serious, as with most dealerships. Porsche sadly tends to be more stingy about it.
GrussGott18140.00
      11-02-2020, 03:46 AM   #3778
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I can ask my contacts with DTLA Porsche and see what they tell me. I cannot promise anything but they should be more willing if they know you are serious, as with most dealerships. Porsche sadly tends to be more stingy about it.
thanks! Yeah, basically if I can get 10% on either a turbo, gts, or S I'd likely pull the trigger. The GTS seems tight, there are lots of dealers saying MSRP only for April deliveries! Riverside appears a bit more flexible (5%, maybe 7%) and there's a Chicago dealer that seems flexible, but overall I don't really need the GTS so would be happy with the Turbo or even the S.

One of the reasons I wanted the 45e was its ability to be chill which I need more of in my life The other thing I like about Porsche is the high resale values which. for the Macan, stay in the 10%/year range for average miles meaning getting out in year 2 wouldn't be bad at all.

Also the Macan is easy to config stealth - you can strip off all the bling and it looks sleek but generic, plus it was clearly designed old school on purpose! A true end-of-an-era car: tons of knobs & buttons, shifter that actually moves, etc. I'm pretty impressed by the engineering both inside and out - great recommendation!
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2020, 09:59 AM   #3779
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
thanks! Yeah, basically if I can get 10% on either a turbo, gts, or S I'd likely pull the trigger. The GTS seems tight, there are lots of dealers saying MSRP only for April deliveries! Riverside appears a bit more flexible (5%, maybe 7%) and there's a Chicago dealer that seems flexible, but overall I don't really need the GTS so would be happy with the Turbo or even the S.

One of the reasons I wanted the 45e was its ability to be chill which I need more of in my life The other thing I like about Porsche is the high resale values which. for the Macan, stay in the 10%/year range for average miles meaning getting out in year 2 wouldn't be bad at all.

Also the Macan is easy to config stealth - you can strip off all the bling and it looks sleek but generic, plus it was clearly designed old school on purpose! A true end-of-an-era car: tons of knobs & buttons, shifter that actually moves, etc. I'm pretty impressed by the engineering both inside and out - great recommendation!
PM me later with your info and how they can contact you. It will be easier after I speak to them.
      11-02-2020, 10:01 AM   #3780
Captain Blood
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 Audi S3  [9.50]
2012 135  [6.83]
Quote:
Quote:

* Maintenance!!!!

$1K for battery"

[COLOR="Blue"]WTF?
[/COLOR]
I was under the impression Porsche was on the most reliable car brands you could buy.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2020, 10:36 AM   #3781
Lups
Rep
Drives: I don't own a car.

Quote:
I havent eaten all day. I've never been this nervous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
How would you know this? Did mommy catch you jerking off to some Big Foot porn ?
Appreciate 1
minn1914021.00
      11-02-2020, 11:56 AM   #3782
Captain Blood
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 Audi S3  [9.50]
2012 135  [6.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Quote:
Having spent the weekend in the garden spot of Lubbock (sarcasm) for Texas Tech parents weekend, I'm a bit worried too. Off of the campus They were all orange man supporters, and they were not wearing masks, and nobody was social distancing. Those guys are going to get hammered in the next week or two.
Appreciate 1
minn1914021.00
      11-02-2020, 12:26 PM   #3783
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
They've got all the key judges in place and are poised to start throwing out hundreds of thousands of ballots in key states. The fix is in.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2020, 03:31 PM   #3784
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
I was under the impression Porsche was on the most reliable car brands you could buy.
For the most part, they are. However there are always certain caveats for some people just don't have luck with. I mean, there are people out there who just have no luck with BMW, Benz, Porsche etc. I have no major issues in the few years I have own our Macan S. My couins's family who has owned Porsches far longer than us (5+ cars over the span of 15+ years) I never heard my cousin or my uncle mention any major issues they had either.

Some dudes are just really unlucky.

minn19 I know the judges in Texas already threw out two attempts by Republicans to toss votes done by drive-in. So... they are literally trying to commit fraud, but so far seems that even the judges aren't buying their BS reasoning. Crap like the Republicans in OC committing voter fraud to prove there is voter fraud is about as American as it gets currently.

That is sadly how I have described living in the States. In recent years, I honestly stopped calling myself American because I don't see any reason to. Have been far more proud of my home country of Taiwan, and I still am.
minn1914021.00