Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > Classifieds > Members Classifieds > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis / Spacers

09-01-2020, 10:28 AM   #1
e36bmer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Revolving door of BMWs

Carbon Ceramic Brakes F8x - Just pulled these off my F80 @ 29k miles. Excellent shape

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
I did love these brakes. This car has never been tracked and was well maintained by the previous owner and myself. I recently bought an M3 with CCB, but the roads in Houston are so rough that I want to fit 18s for a little more comfort. Since I needed to go with steel brakes to fit 18"wheels, I just finished installing those. I have this full Carbon Ceramic setup for your viewing pleasure. This has everything you see here and everything needed to properly swap to CCB. You'll see the rotors are in great shape (Wow are they light if you've never picked up a carbon rotor). The calipers have pretty much no scratches and most of the dirt can be cleaned off I just didn't want to use any strong products on them. The caliper bolts and adapters are here. The brake booster from my car is there. The brake lines (if you want them). Even the front brake dust shields. If you sell your steel brakes after removal, you can get around $1,500 - $2,000 for the parts that you'll replace with this kit. so, a full upgrade for about $5k isn't too shabby.

These are in Houston, TX and I would prefer not to ship them, but I do have some good boxes to pack it all up in if needed.

New brakes

A little sad to see these pretties go.

Last edited by e36bmer; 09-08-2020 at 09:59 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2020, 09:59 AM   #2
e36bmer
Private First Class
Rep

BUMP
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2020, 05:43 AM   #3
adam996GT3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Out of curiosity, how difficult was the brake booster install and how long did the swap take?
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2020, 12:34 PM   #4
e36bmer
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam996GT3 View Post
Out of curiosity, how difficult was the brake booster install and how long did the swap take?
Getting the brake booster out was pretty easy once you have both upper braces removed. I'd say that swapping the brake booster is about as time consuming or difficult as changing the spark plugs on this car.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2020, 07:44 PM   #5
flexspec
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, E90 330i

These still available? I’ll also PM you.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2020, 08:44 PM   #6
e36bmer
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceweasel View Post
These still available? I’ll also PM you.
Yes, they are still available.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2020, 08:34 AM   #7
flexspec
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, E90 330i

Saw these in person a few weeks ago.
Full disclosure, I was asked to write an unvarnished assessment of the condition of this item by the seller, since I did have an opportunity to see them in person.

First off, I was in the market for CCBs - but I decided to just bite the bullet and buy new.
That said, this set is in excellent condition. He obviously took care to remove each rotor and they are stored separately in individual rotor boxes. I spent time looking over each rotor; both sides for any nicks/scratches. None could be found. The wear sensors are in tact. For a more accurate assessment of the life in each rotor, a precision wear tool would be needed (Carboteq). However, with 29k on them, premature wear shouldn’t be a factor.

I did not scrutinize the calipers as much as I did the rotors, but they looked as pictured above in the listing.

Hopefully I preemptively answered someones question(s).

OP, GLWS. Cheers.
Appreciate 1
SYT_Shadow11421.00
      10-30-2020, 07:59 AM   #8
jj33low
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3M, AMG C63S, TTRS, Gallardo

Still available? Message me!
Appreciate 0