GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

03-13-2021, 11:34 AM   #23
SunnyD
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS

E36 won
'98 ///M3 | 5MT - Gone
'07 ///M Coupe | 6MT - Gone
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2021, 03:25 PM   #24
buster84
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335I X-Drive E90

Lol I’m surprised no one mentioned this. The e46 driver had his top down, did he even stay in the car of maybe he flew off the bridge from no seatbelt? Or did he roll at the end? So much missing from that small clip.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2021, 12:43 AM   #25
flexspec
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, E90 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
Oh come on....its called a freeway for a reason man those people driving the speed limit are just crappy drivers and should have seen them coming and gotten out of the way.

Ill be posting results of my next roll race with a Z06 later today. check out my IG bruh.
That's actually the worst thing to do in that situation. A driver moving out of the way is unpredictable. Staying still and not making any sudden changes in speed or direction is best. Let the high rate of speed driver make the move.

Bottom line - don't speed/race on highways and put innocent lives at risk. Save your big boy dollars and go to a track and get good.

Neither driver in the above video is a good driver. Not because they crashed - professional drivers crash all the time. They aren't good drivers because the first lesson of high performance driving is safety.
      03-15-2021, 12:47 AM   #26
flexspec
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul718 View Post
I see this all the time on the streets in NY. 10-15 years ago it wasn't this bad, but now quite often you'll see these morons pulling the stuff in the video. It's one of the reasons I'm looking to leave NY, but that's a different topic. As these cars go down in value they become more attainable to anyone and they think they can use public roads as their race track. Don't get me wrong....I love opening up the M4, but I'll do it when roads are empty and conditions permit. There's a time and place for this sort of stuff, not when innocent families are out and about.
Come to Houston, we got 4x4's doing this. Everyone is Mario Andretti here. Smh
      03-15-2021, 04:54 AM   #27
irunalot
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Carrera S

More idiot savants injuring innocent people to see who has the biggest ego. Save it for the track!
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2021, 06:12 PM   #28
m4h2o
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 16 M4

All i can add is this,,,
If my family and i were in the car that got hit, i would grab the drivers and throw them off the bridge.

That is all.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2021, 11:07 AM   #29
Poiseuille
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 DCT Tanzanite/Amaro

Garage List
  [0.00]
  [10.00]
smh...
but the vid reminds me of fav Cale Yarborough quote: "well, looks like that boy got behind on his steering..."
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2021, 01:10 PM   #30
Slowphiveo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 Heritage Edition

All I see is job security for me.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2021, 01:33 PM   #31
bsmf8x
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceweasel View Post
Quote:
Oh come on....its called a freeway for a reason man those people driving the speed limit are just crappy drivers and should have seen them coming and gotten out of the way.

Ill be posting results of my next roll race with a Z06 later today. check out my IG bruh.
That's actually the worst thing to do in that situation. A driver moving out of the way is unpredictable. Staying still and not making any sudden changes in speed or direction is best. Let the high rate of speed driver make the move.

Bottom line - don't speed/race on highways and put innocent lives at risk. Save your big boy dollars and go to a track and get good.

Neither driver in the above video is a good driver. Not because they crashed - professional drivers crash all the time. They aren't good drivers because the first lesson of high performance driving is safety.
you didn't grow up around enough sarcastic smartasses lol

idk how you missed the sarcasm in that post
Appreciate 1
65fastback1137.00
      03-18-2021, 01:21 AM   #32
flexspec
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmf8x View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceweasel View Post
Quote:

you didn't grow up around enough sarcastic smartasses lol

idk how you missed the sarcasm in that post
Poe's Law.
It happens.