R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

03-20-2021, 02:03 PM   #23
dms-01
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhatLyfe View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBACE View Post
So, a little ignorant here I guess, what exactly got you banned? Were your posts filled with less than stellar commentary about the G8x?

I can't say for sure since not having driven one of the new models, but I had aligned with what Chris Harris had to say about the G8x series styling, which was pretty well put IMHO. I would expect the chassis and power plant to be a tad better, and CH seemed to indicate as such.

I mentioned it was a Bucktoothed Snagglepuss and was banned too.
Seriously though, maybe a little of my own ignorance, but are people truly getting banned for criticizing the look of the G80/82?

I mean in every forum there are occasionally those who tend to be trouble makers or rude and deserve to be banned, but in the forums I'm on those are far and few in between. I had never heard of people getting banned for criticizing the look of a new car (unless they do so outside of acceptable etiquette guidelines).

Isn't discussion and hence expression of opinions what forums are for?
Yes they are. BMW watching those forums like hawks for any discerning opinions. Sad state of affairs.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2021, 05:12 PM   #24
PhatLyfe
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F83 AW/SO ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dms-01 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
So, a little ignorant here I guess, what exactly got you banned? Were your posts filled with less than stellar commentary about the G8x?

I can't say for sure since not having driven one of the new models, but I had aligned with what Chris Harris had to say about the G8x series styling, which was pretty well put IMHO. I would expect the chassis and power plant to be a tad better, and CH seemed to indicate as such.

Seriously though, maybe a little of my own ignorance, but are people truly getting banned for criticizing the look of the G80/82?

I mean in every forum there are occasionally those who tend to be trouble makers or rude and deserve to be banned, but in the forums I'm on those are far and few in between. I had never heard of people getting banned for criticizing the look of a new car (unless they do so outside of acceptable etiquette guidelines).

Yes they are. BMW watching those forums like hawks for any discerning opinions. Sad state of affairs.
If they feel butt at this low point in their lives, makes me want to spend my future car money elsewhere.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2021, 08:42 PM   #25
Pseudolus
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:

Someone ban this man please. Questions will not be tolerated.
Appreciate 4
Poiseuille5392.50
dms-011134.00
White3401393.00
icegrill2078.00
      03-20-2021, 08:46 PM   #26
shad951
Private
Rep
Drives: Garage is Empty

Quote:
Originally Posted by buster84 View Post
Don’t worry your not missing much from a car that has two buck teeth sticking out of it. Remember the 2019 camero incident where the front bumper was so ugly and everyone expressed it online so much that sales fell and they redesigned it after one year? I bet this happens to bmw too when they see how bad their new car sales are.

Just remember this, not only is the new car helping the value of the f80s go up, it will also cause the f80s to retain their value for longer. The grills are exactly why the market is so hot right now. I mean look at all the funny memes. Bmw really screwed this one up. It’s the first bmw generation I actually plan to skip entirely. They need to fire the bmw designers and hire the corvette designers because they know how to redesign an iconic car.
Truth

10 E60 535i sold
07 E90 335i sold
06 E90 330i sold
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2021, 09:23 PM   #27
Poiseuille
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 DCT Tanzanite/Amaro

Garage List
  [0.00]
  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:

great news Phat, renderings of the upcoming G8X lci are starting to appear==>
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
cbertels1215.50
White3401393.00
      03-20-2021, 09:45 PM   #28
PhatLyfe
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poiseuille View Post
Quote:
Quote:

great news Phat, renderings of the upcoming G8X lci are starting to appear==>
Looks like the current F8x series , lol
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2021, 09:47 PM   #29
RugbyBro
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudolus View Post
Someone ban this man please. Questions will not be tolerated.
Poiseuille5392.50
Arcades8174.00
icegrill2078.00
      03-20-2021, 09:48 PM   #30
PK1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dms-01 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The two immediate thoughts that come to mind:

- is this site owned or controlled by BMW?
- this behavior emphasizes the concern at BMW about their new design
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2021, 10:05 PM   #31
dms-01
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3

One would think they have some monetary interest in this site. If they didn't why would they try and control the narrative so bad?
Appreciate 2
PhatLyfe985.00
irunalot1518.00
      03-20-2021, 10:47 PM   #32
Slowphiveo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 Heritage Edition

Honestly, I don't really care if they redesign the entire G8x body for next year (which they won't, and the grill is here to stay in one form or another until the H series at least). It's more than that...its the whole attitude change at BMW...the BS woke, tic toker, gender fluid, IG influencer crowd they are catering too has nothing to do with cars or car enthusiasts. BMW is no longer about cars but about some BS lifestyle. They lost me when the tweeted "OK Boomer" or whatever they said...I tuned out. There is a fundamental shift in the company from the top to bottom and its not for me anymore. I will gladly keep my F8x as long as can and enjoy it...but then it's on to a P car or possibly a Corvette. I will never give BMW another dollar of my hard earned money since they clearly don't value their long time brand loyalists.
Appreciate 6
SD ///M42992.00
PhatLyfe985.00
Poiseuille5392.50
MDuckie93.00
mahalom3163.00
Foxyy266.50
      03-20-2021, 10:57 PM   #33
cbertels
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3 YMB-SS

I talk a lot of trash about the G80 and haven't been banned. Maybe they slowed down in it since I may have been late to the bashing partying anyone has snarky comments they'd like
To post but can't, feel free to send them my way. I'm happy to be the messenger.
Appreciate 1
Poiseuille5392.50
      03-22-2021, 12:23 PM   #34
2011ninja
Colonel
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbertels View Post
I talk a lot of trash about the G80 and haven't been banned. Maybe they slowed down in it since I may have been late to the bashing partying anyone has snarky comments they'd like
To post but can't, feel free to send them my way. I'm happy to be the messenger.
There is a thread for everyone who does not like the G80.

It allows all the haters to be one place.

I think it's a great idea.

Very popular thread; consistent with life in general. Mostly haters and miserable people stuck in there ways all in one place.

Great idea ✔️
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2021, 01:31 PM   #35
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowphiveo View Post
They lost me when the tweeted "OK Boomer" or whatever they said...I tuned out. There is a fundamental shift in the company from the top to bottom and its not for me anymore. I will gladly keep my F8x as long as can and enjoy it...but then it's on to a P car or possibly a Corvette.
That's what really turned me off too. I've also come to the same conclusion about future purchases.

Appreciate 1
PhatLyfe985.00
      03-22-2021, 04:29 PM   #36
Sassicaia
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: SMB F80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011ninja View Post
Quote:

Very popular thread; consistent with life in general. Mostly haters and miserable people stuck in there ways all in one place.

Great idea ✔️
I wear my opinion about the G80 like a badge! Count me in as one of the ones who appreciates the "old ways" vs this new direction.
Appreciate 1
2011ninja3396.00
      03-22-2021, 04:42 PM   #37
PhatLyfe
Major
United_States
Rep

I can view the forums via phone app but not on my Mac desktop, and can't post any messages in the Gizz Forums.?
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2021, 06:31 PM   #38
Taco_Bueno
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM BMW M4 F82

Why are you trying to get unbanned from the G8x forum?

You enjoy uncontrollable vomiting??? That's odd
Appreciate 2
PhatLyfe985.00
Poiseuille5392.50
      03-23-2021, 08:06 AM   #39
PhatLyfe
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco_bueno View Post
why are you trying to get unbanned from the g8x forum?

You enjoy uncontrollable vomiting??? That's odd
rofl 🤣
Appreciate 1
Poiseuille5392.50
      03-23-2021, 08:13 AM   #40
Tecnniqe
Sad ///M noises
No_Country
Rep
Drives: ///M4 COMPETITION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassicaia View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Great idea ✔️
I wear my opinion about the G80 like a badge! Count me in as one of the ones who appreciates the "old ways" vs this new direction.
Ok boomer :
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2021, 02:29 PM   #41
Poiseuille
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 DCT Tanzanite/Amaro

Garage List
  [0.00]
  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:

Great idea ✔️
well, in an uncharacteristic display of self restraint i decided to wait 24 hours before commenting on this post thinking maybe my view of it might change. it did not. so...

in a lengthy discussion involving differing aesthetic values where most, if not all the comments are clearly intended to be humorous, contributing a comment like "Mostly haters and miserable people stuck in there [sic] ways all in one place" seems tragically juvenile.
might even cause some to wonder who, really, is actually miserable, eh?
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2021, 09:40 PM   #42
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
BMW (the company itself) is known to watch the forums. It is one of those quiet facts that long term members that been around here for 10+ years know about.

While I'm pretty certain they (being BMW) aren't silencing members complaining themselves, but the mods are clearly doing it for a reason. Why? Who knows at this point but eh.

I find it extremely petty though.
SD ///M42992.00
PhatLyfe985.00
      03-23-2021, 09:52 PM   #43
ABenLauda
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 CS

Why give a fuck? Do not spend a dollar more on any BMW and that will be the best "fuck you too!". I definitely am doing that.
      03-24-2021, 09:10 AM   #44
scott13
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 | BSM | 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowphiveo View Post
Honestly, I don't really care if they redesign the entire G8x body for next year (which they won't, and the grill is here to stay in one form or another until the H series at least). It's more than that...its the whole attitude change at BMW...the BS woke, tic toker, gender fluid, IG influencer crowd they are catering too has nothing to do with cars or car enthusiasts. BMW is no longer about cars but about some BS lifestyle. They lost me when the tweeted "OK Boomer" or whatever they said...I tuned out. There is a fundamental shift in the company from the top to bottom and its not for me anymore. I will gladly keep my F8x as long as can and enjoy it...but then it's on to a P car or possibly a Corvette. I will never give BMW another dollar of my hard earned money since they clearly don't value their long time brand loyalists.
Preach brotha'. I feel like I'm watching BMW migrate towards being the Ultimate Marketing Machine.

Ok, arguably, they are packing some additional performance into the G8x (for those who are not interested in or are ready to move away from a 6MT), but what market segment is crying out for bigger grills, bigger/heavier all-wheel drive cars with Telsa-esque dashboards?
Appreciate 1
PhatLyfe985.00