proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

11-29-2016, 09:34 AM   #111
proTUNING Freaks
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: powered by bootmod3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuLoOoSki View Post
Is there an update for the device as well?
Same software on both the device or laptop. You'd just download the new agent.zip file, extract it and transfer the agent.jar to your device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4drift View Post
Shot you all a couple emails on the 26th, still hoping to hear back. Is there a direct number to call as well? PM if so.

Thanks
Please PM us your name or email address. May have been missed with spam filtering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejan_ View Post
Dzenno, perhaps use this like I have setup as well. Since us guys don't have M buttons my exhaust flap goes full open in sport + with my custom ACF Flash.

Comfort is OEM map
Sport is flash and 93 map flaps operate OEM mode
Sport+ is 93 and E30 blend with flaps full open

Maybe this will even work for the M guys not wanting to take up another function on M1 or M2.

Get with Alex maybe you guys can work something out
Yeah we have all the tables for exhaust flap control in the flash based on mode. We found OEM to have a nice balance of loud and quiet given how they've mapped it RPM vs. load. In a future release of the app we'll be adding options for something like an easy map maker feature where you select any given map you already have and overlay/configure features on top of it for things like cold start on/off, cat CEL removal, burble, idle RPM, throttle mapping etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buschy View Post
This sounds like a good setup
add in some gurgles into the sport +
Appreciate 1
FSociety3812.50
      11-29-2016, 09:52 AM   #112
Buschy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks View Post
Same software on both the device or laptop. You'd just download the new agent.zip file, extract it and transfer the agent.jar to your device.

Please PM us your name or email address. May have been missed with spam filtering

Yeah we have all the tables for exhaust flap control in the flash based on mode. We found OEM to have a nice balance of loud and quiet given how they've mapped it RPM vs. load. In a future release of the app we'll be adding options for something like an easy map maker feature where you select any given map you already have and overlay/configure features on top of it for things like cold start on/off, cat CEL removal, burble, idle RPM, throttle mapping etc.

Pretty please. that will be awsome.
Have you been able to get a middle of the line stage 2 gurgle map yet?
      11-29-2016, 10:12 AM   #113
EALm4
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: SO 16' M4

proTUNING Freaks what are the benefits of stacking with the JB4? Simply just meth or PI control?
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2016, 12:55 PM   #114
M4drift
Private
Rep
Drives: 15' M4 MPE, DCT, Carbon galore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EALm4 View Post
proTUNING Freaks what are the benefits of stacking with the JB4? Simply just meth or PI control?
Appears that way.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2016, 11:11 PM   #115
paikman
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 CS, R33 GTR, MK7.5 GTI

was there a Bfriday license deal?
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2016, 02:07 AM   #116
hdubf80
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 ///M3 AW/SO/DCT

Hey PTF will there be a update for the GTS TCU flash?
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2016, 07:38 AM   #117
proTUNING Freaks
Rep

Quote:
Both meth and PI can be controlled without the JB4. However, using the JB4 in conjunction with the flash as a control system for either meth or PI has its advantages due to ease of adjustability, logging and various failsafes. The only thing we don't like when running the JB is losing logging resolution and number of data channels available for logging which we're quite happy with on the bootmod3 side especially with the latest updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paikman View Post
was there a Bfriday license deal?
Unfortunately not this time around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdubf80 View Post
Hey PTF will there be a update for the GTS TCU flash?
We might have something down the road. The current TCU flash that comes with bootmod3 already maxes out the line pressure to the clutches which we feel should be applied to every tuned DCT S55. Is there something in particular you're thinking of when it comes to the TCU?
Appreciate 1
FSociety3812.50
      12-01-2016, 08:30 AM   #118
EALm4
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: SO 16' M4

Quote:
Both meth and PI can be controlled without the JB4. However, using the JB4 in conjunction with the flash as a control system for either meth or PI has its advantages due to ease of adjustability, logging and various failsafes. The only thing we don't like when running the JB is losing logging resolution and number of data channels available for logging which we're quite happy with on the bootmod3 side especially with the latest updates.
So if I leave it in the car when getting BM3, should I just set it to Map 0/pass through mode? I do plan on running meth or PI in the future then when time comes set it to the appropriate map? So other than that, no real add on advantages, correct?
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2016, 09:06 AM   #119
proTUNING Freaks
Rep

Quote:
So if I leave it in the car when getting BM3, should I just set it to Map 0/pass through mode? I do plan on running meth or PI in the future then when time comes set it to the appropriate map? So other than that, no real add on advantages, correct?
Yes, just map 0. From the performance point of view on pump gas not really sure there would be. Depending on how your motor is responding on the octane you're running you might be able to sneak in another pound or two of boost on top without getting into significant knock/timing corrections but maybe not. If trying something like that, just as with any tuning changes, just make sure to log with the JB to see if changes you're stacking on top of the DME flash are working safely, i.e. no significant knock, no boost control issues, not running very lean or rich, not having significant fuel pressure dropouts, maxing out fuel trims in either direction, etc.
Appreciate 2
EALm43346.50
FSociety3812.50
      12-01-2016, 12:27 PM   #120
Liquid2.0T
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: It used to be a BMW...

Hey PTF, it's almost Friday. Have you locked down that South Florida dealer ?
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2016, 02:49 PM   #121
proTUNING Freaks
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid2.0T View Post
We've been working with Alex from MPI (Miami Performance Inc) for the last while. They've done unlocks there and Alex there is also part of our OTS N55 beta with his EWG 235i.

We're adding them to the list of authorized dealers:

Miami Performance Inc
sales@miamiperformanceinc.com
Tel: 305-278-0042 (ask for Alex)

We're also talking to another shop in the area and they'll be going through the process with us soon. Let us know if any questions at all.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2016, 03:24 PM   #122
julithehero
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW M3 ZCP

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid2.0T View Post
We've been working with Alex from MPI (Miami Performance Inc) for the last while. They've done unlocks there and Alex there is also part of our OTS N55 beta with his EWG 235i.

Miami Performance Inc

We're also talking to another shop in the area and they'll be going through the process with us soon. Let us know if any questions at all.
This is great I love that shop also just got my M3 waiting to break it in before i go get my work done thank you very much!!
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2016, 04:01 PM   #123
Liquid2.0T
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: It used to be a BMW...

Quote:

Miami Performance Inc

Thats great! They're good guys.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2016, 06:01 PM   #124
hdubf80
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 ///M3 AW/SO/DCT

Quote:

Unfortunately not this time around.

We might have something down the road. The current TCU flash that comes with bootmod3 already maxes out the line pressure to the clutches which we feel should be applied to every tuned DCT S55. Is there something in particular you're thinking of when it comes to the TCU?
PM sent
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2016, 10:49 PM   #125
proTUNING Freaks
Rep

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1330430
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2016, 09:23 AM   #126
Xander
I'm new
United_States
Rep
Drives: 997 Turbo, F80 M3, CC & Yukon

Keep up the good work guys!

X...

Last edited by Xander; 12-02-2016 at 10:47 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2016, 10:49 AM   #127
proTUNING Freaks
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander View Post
Keep up the good work guys!

X...
Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2016, 01:18 PM   #128
BuLoOoSki
Colonel
Kuwait
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

Quote:
I don't know if it's just me, but i can't really tell much difference from the GTS TCU tune. Of course I'm not talking about clamping pressure, but I'm referring to shifting speeds and smoothness. I read a lot of reviews how the tune should be a significant difference, but honestly I can't feel any difference in shifting or smoothness (not that I have much of an issue with the stock TCU tune).
2015 BMW F80 M3: Tractive EDC Suspension / Dinan Anti-Roll Bars / GC Camber Plates / KMP Dual Diff Mount / Girodisc Rotors / GT4 Brake Cooling Kit / PTF Flash Tune / Eisenmann Downpipes / CSF Heat Exchanger / BMS Charge Pipes
2007 BMW E92 335i (SOLD): BMS JB4 / Quaife LSD / Riss Racing DPs / Helix Intercooler / BMS Intake / STETT Charge Pipe / Forge DVs
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2016, 07:31 PM   #129
proTUNING Freaks
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuLoOoSki View Post
I don't know if it's just me, but i can't really tell much difference from the GTS TCU tune. Of course I'm not talking about clamping pressure, but I'm referring to shifting speeds and smoothness. I read a lot of reviews how the tune should be a significant difference, but honestly I can't feel any difference in shifting or smoothness (not that I have much of an issue with the stock TCU tune).
There isn't really a significant difference in driving feel. We felt downshifts were crisper vs OEM. The raised torque limiters on the TCU side and line pressures are the changes that are important.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2016, 02:17 PM   #130
julithehero
Enlisted Member
Rep

Is it possible to integrate flat foot shifting for 6MT cars??
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2016, 02:23 PM   #131
proTUNING Freaks
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by julithehero View Post
Great question. The way we have the tuning tables (torque and throttle) set up it is already built in into every map we provide
Appreciate 1
FSociety3812.50
      12-07-2016, 10:06 AM   #132
julithehero
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by julithehero View Post
Great question. The way we have the tuning tables (torque and throttle) set up it is already built in into every map we provide
Thats amazing!! Now that te IOS App is out how so we connect the Iphone to switch maps etc
Appreciate 0