Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

01-17-2024, 05:51 PM   #23
NSX2M4
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4 ZCP- RIVIAN R1S QUAD

I've never bought products from this company but I find it quite desperate how they post on nearly every single thread here where people ask questions and/or recommendations with an ad type post. Extreme powerhouse used to do this but don't anymore as they're well vested here as a solid vendor.
There is a specific vendor folder for things like this and I'm tired of seeing the posts literally in every sub folder.
      01-18-2024, 08:39 AM   #24
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSX2M4 View Post
I've never bought products from this company but I find it quite desperate how they post on nearly every single thread here where people ask questions and/or recommendations with an ad type post. Extreme powerhouse used to do this but don't anymore as they're well vested here as a solid vendor.
There is a specific vendor folder for things like this and I'm tired of seeing the posts literally in every sub folder.
Their attempts at trying to find new customers in every cosmetic part question thread is pathetic. You’re right, it’s equivalent to being forced to watch an advertising video on YouTube. New forum members may not be aware of their high prices and poor customer service compared to other forum vendors so new members end up buying items from them. They should spend time creating threads in the sponsor market place forums and, if possible, develop a reputation as a solid vendor which will result in repeat customers and word of mouth new customers.
Appreciate 2
NSX2M41378.00
      01-18-2024, 12:49 PM   #25
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSX2M4 View Post
Why are you firing bullets our way? Just kidding, you're probably correct.

It depends on the aim of the posts. While I'm not familiar with Bimmer Plug's posts, I can certainly speak about our approach. If every post is just a pitch for a sale or a nudge for a dm, it'll backfire.

However, as a sponsoring vendor, being active on forums is key. Just keep the posts informative, be helpful to other users, and build a relationship with forum members where they know you are honest and trying to help instead of only caring about the sale.

This approach will take a bit longer, but eventually, that's the correct way of doing things in my opinion.

Drawing from over a decade of my own forum experience, I've certainly made a bunch of mistakes. hopefully, I have learned over these years and doing better now.

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 1
Sephrr287.00
      01-18-2024, 02:12 PM   #26
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post

It depends on the aim of the posts. While I'm not familiar with Bimmer Plug's posts, I can certainly speak about our approach. If every post is just a pitch for a sale or a nudge for a dm, it'll backfire.

However, as a sponsoring vendor, being active on forums is key. Just keep the posts informative, be helpful to other users, and build a relationship with forum members where they know you are honest and trying to help instead of only caring about the sale.

This approach will take a bit longer, but eventually, that's the correct way of doing things in my opinion.

Drawing from over a decade of my own forum experience, I've certainly made a bunch of mistakes. hopefully, I have learned over these years and doing better now.
The posts you’ve created are typically non-vendor biased and, the ones that are, are your responses to specific inquiries. Your posts are providing useful info and knowledge/facts: e.g., quality and fit of cosmetic parts, sound quality of exhaust combos, etc. Not a ton of links and pictures to items you have FS on your website. Was it this way a decade ago? I honestly don’t recall which suggests they weren’t.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2024, 02:18 PM   #27
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3SQRD View Post
The posts you’ve created are typically non-vendor biased and, the ones that are, are your responses to specific inquiries. Your posts are providing useful info and knowledge/facts: e.g., quality and fit of cosmetic parts, sound quality of exhaust combos, etc. Not a ton of links and pictures to items you have FS on your website. Was it this way a decade ago? I honestly don’t recall which suggests they weren’t.
That was my initial plan but I'm certain I made quite a few missteps in my posts a decade ago.

It's hard to recall specific instances since it's been so long, but I suppose some errors are just part of the learning curve for a new business. While I don't recall ever intentionally making these mistakes, I wouldn't be surprised if I inadvertently did so on several occasions (i have 188,000 posts) and i will fully own up to the good and bad ones .

Appreciate 0
      01-18-2024, 02:23 PM   #28
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep

Quote:
That was my initial plan but I'm certain I made quite a few missteps in my posts a decade ago.

It's hard to recall specific instances since it's been so long, but I suppose some errors are just part of the learning curve for a new business. While I don't recall ever intentionally making these mistakes, I wouldn't be surprised if I inadvertently did so on several occasions (i have 188,000 posts) and i will fully own up to the good and bad ones .
Holy crap 188k posts?! It would be impressive if you could recall 1.0% of them!
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2024, 02:24 PM   #29
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Holy crap 188k posts?! It would be impressive if you could recall 1.0% of them!

Appreciate 0
      01-18-2024, 04:16 PM   #30
NSX2M4
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4 ZCP- RIVIAN R1S QUAD

Quote:

Wanted to see if you could dodge them.
      01-18-2024, 04:21 PM   #31
louielouie
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 F80

Quote:
Their attempts at trying to find new customers in every cosmetic part question thread is pathetic. You’re right, it’s equivalent to being forced to watch an advertising video on YouTube. New forum members may not be aware of their high prices and poor customer service compared to other forum vendors so new members end up buying items from them. They should spend time creating threads in the sponsor market place forums and, if possible, develop a reputation as a solid vendor which will result in repeat customers and word of mouth new customers.
You can't click on any, "new to me" F8X thread without a bimmerplug welcome post with a link to their site.
Appreciate 1
ck_M363.00
      01-18-2024, 05:56 PM   #32
2sporty
First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: bmw

Bimmerplug is honestly ruining this forum with spam and it's not worth it to the forum's owners for the small sponsorship fee that they receive.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2024, 09:07 AM   #33
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep

If you search for Bimmerworld, you get Bimmer Plug…
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-28-2024, 08:16 PM   #34
Tru Vic3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '18 340i xDrive

It’s like Mike said. The parts? Most of which can be found elsewhere at the tap of a search bar - common pieces. The price? Astro-friggin-nominal.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2024, 11:59 AM   #35
NORAGRETS
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3 ZCP BSM 2012 E82 1

Garage List
Update: it did arrive and it fits nicely but I got sent the wrong version. Exchanging it for the correct version.

For those wondering, it’s an xtrons unit so I suggest just buying direct from xtrons. The fitment was really really nice with the 10.25”
Attached Images

RIP - E82 135i - 7/7/2021
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2024, 06:28 PM   #36
Kilabyte
I'm Batman!
Poland
Rep
Drives: Mineral White M3 6MT

Did you have to trim anything to fit? Do you have a link to the actual product that we need? I might order one, but not through buttplug

GL with the clutch btw

S55, 2JZ, M48.00
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2024, 09:28 PM   #37
YASBBYM3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Cs Lamborghini Huracan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORAGRETS View Post
I just put my trust in them for a new head unit touch screen…I’ve already made a fuss and have been all over them like a fucking hawk lol. No funny business will be tolerated. 👋🏻👋🏻 I even found the owners cell phone number and texted him.

I’ve heard a lot of bad, but I wanna give Kevin the owner some credit…he did field and answer all my questions. Had one of his employees call me to make sure the head unit was the correct size and version etc.

Thx Kevin

Fingers cross for “if” and “when” the thing gets delivered…prayers

“Update: it did arrive and it fits nicely but I got sent the wrong version. Exchanging it for the correct version. “

So after the special VIP care checking to make sure the head unit was the correct size and Version, how did you get sent the wrong one? And delivery took over 30 days for the wrong version 🤷🏼‍♂️
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2024, 09:34 PM   #38
NORAGRETS
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by YASBBYM3 View Post
“Update: it did arrive and it fits nicely but I got sent the wrong version. Exchanging it for the correct version. “

So after the special VIP care checking to make sure the head unit was the correct size and Version, how did you get sent the wrong one? And delivery took over 30 days for the wrong version 🤷🏼‍♂️
Sending me a new one, pain in the ass but they’re doing the right thing 🤷🏼‍♂️. Bit of a language barrier with one of the employees if I’m being honest. I don’t wanna be a dick but yeah

Appreciate 0
      02-03-2024, 09:56 PM   #39
YASBBYM3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Cs Lamborghini Huracan

Quote:
Sending me a new one, pain in the ass but they’re doing the right thing 🤷🏼‍♂️. Bit of a language barrier with one of the employees if I’m being honest. I don’t wanna be a dick but yeah
Again, that’s why you double check, so these mistakes don’t happen. They allowed it to happen even after doublechecking. That instills confidence in them 🤣
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2024, 11:00 PM   #40
NORAGRETS
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by YASBBYM3 View Post
Again, that’s why you double check, so these mistakes don’t happen. They allowed it to happen even after doublechecking. That instills confidence in them 🤣
Yes, you are correct they should have taken my VIN to check it.

Appreciate 0
      02-04-2024, 01:48 PM   #41
2sporty
First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Sending me a new one, pain in the ass but they’re doing the right thing ����‍♂️. Bit of a language barrier with one of the employees if I’m being honest. I don’t wanna be a dick but yeah
you're probably directly talking to Aliexpress sellers now and getting called "dear".
Appreciate 1
kubax861789.50
      02-04-2024, 02:55 PM   #42
NORAGRETS
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sporty View Post
you're probably directly talking to Aliexpress sellers now and getting called "dear".
lol nope. Yall are forgetting the power of the consumer in 2024…. You can dispute literally anything and prevail. Not worried

Appreciate 0
      02-05-2024, 03:20 PM   #43
2sporty
First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep

Quote:
lol nope. Yall are forgetting the power of the consumer in 2024…. You can dispute literally anything and prevail. Not worried
Yep, you're right. It's just a matter of how much you value your time and dignity.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2024, 04:02 PM   #44
NORAGRETS
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sporty View Post
Yep, you're right. It's just a matter of how much you value your time and dignity.
lol I have no patience for time wasting, intolerance, actually.

New unit got shipped out today.

Appreciate 0